Predict the Class of 2014 games played thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Duggan
285 games
In his first 3 seasons is an outside mid but then develops a good inside game and by the end of his career is a 4 time All Australian and WCE captain.

Tom Lamb
220 games
Starts his career on the HFF then in 2017 moves into the midfield to form a dangerous combination with Yeo and Shuey.

Jackson Nelson
183 games
Gets more opportunity when Waters and Butler retire. Has a solid career off the HBF and can play an inside mid role.

Damien Cavka
190 games
All round solid midfielder playing a number of different roles.

Alec Waterman
52 games
Just doesn't get a spot in the midfield.

Kane Lucas
0 games
Delisted

Corey Adamson
85 games.
Uses his explosive speed to good effect off half back and is dangerous at the contest when released into the midfield.

Liam Duggan - 273 games - gets a few AA squads but never AA - silky as all hell

Tom Lamb - 0 games - turns out to be s**t

Jackson Nelson - 193 games - shocks everyone with how aggressive he is (in a good way)

Damian Cavka - 3 games - moves back to Melbourne after a fight with the club about his overly meticulous training methods

Kane Lucas - 0 games

Alec Waterman - 120 games - has a good (but not great) career

Corey Adamson - 96 games - early career is shocking but has a couple of great seasons before retiring earlyish

Paddy Brophy - 0 games - gets homesick

Pretty much my thoughts - though Adamson maybe about 5 games and Duggan low 200's

Of all the players the one that excites me the most is Nelson. The highlights and clips of his kicking both feet is first rate. Barring having a marshmallow heart - footy generally finds a spot for blokes like that

Pretty much my thoughts - though Adamson maybe about 5 games and Duggan low 200's

Of all the players the one that excites me the most is Nelson. The highlights and clips of his kicking both feet is first rate. Barring having a marshmallow heart - footy generally finds a spot for blokes like that

I think he tested below average in everything. He's tough, decent size and a great kick. I think he'll be a good HBFer.

I think he tested below average in everything. He's tough, decent size and a great kick. I think he'll be a good HBFer.

I'm not overly sold on testing being the arbiter of a bloke's ability. Didn't Brophy top the handball or kicking results?

You look at the combine records for the last decade and very few of them are actual stars.

I could be wrong but the likes of Pendlebury, Beams, Mitchell, Fyfe, Watson, Jack, Hannerry, Selwood et al don't feature at all.

I know highlight packages themselves can hide all manner of sins, but the drop, trajectory and delivery on both feet from Nelson is damn exciting.

paddy brophy- has a chance to play some games with waters and butler getting on a bit and all the delistings last year, if good enough.
duggan-already our future captain.200+
Lamb-if this guy comes on this draft will be a winner.Im hoping for at least 150 games.majority in the midfield would be handy
Cavka-might have to wait til rosa is gone to get an opportunity.could still be a good pick up tho.100+
nelson-no idea but looks promising.seems to be able to play a variety of roles
waterman-overhyped early and in the end we got him cheap,hopefully it was a bargain .100+
Kane lucas.May be called upon early only due to our lack of depth.If he is still on the list in 3 year you know the 2014 draft was a bust.Max 40 games
adamson-would be a great story even if he only gets 1 games

14. Liam Duggan (2015 - 2028, Captain from 2020 to 2025) - 265 games, retires end of season 2028 after being captain from season 2020 - 2025.

19. Damian Cavka (2015 - 2026) - 200 games, lucky to get past one game after Chris Masten tries to sniper bullet him for being a better endurance runner, retires after season 2026 after multiple fast twitch fibre injuries in his later career.

28. Tom Lamb (2015 - 2018) - 20 games, never able to find himself a regular role in the team, traded back to Victoria end of season 2018.

30. Jackson Nelson (2015 - 2026) - 165 games. retires at end of season 2026 having been a dependable and serviceable defender.

42. Alec Waterman (2015 - 2025) - 170 games, attracts the footy when he plays but his deficiencies are shown up to regularly.

45. Corey Adamson (2015 - 2016) - 0 games, joins Perth Heat after season 2016.

46. Paddy Brophy (2015 - 2017) - 0 games, will be a terrific club man but not able to crack a game in the AFL before going home after 3 seasons with EP.

47. Kane Lucas (2015 - 2017) - 20 games, enjoys the wide open expanses of home but was only ever a short term option, delisted after season 2017

Liam Duggan
285 games
In his first 3 seasons is an outside mid but then develops a good inside game and by the end of his career is a 4 time All Australian and WCE captain.

Tom Lamb
220 games
Starts his career on the HFF then in 2017 moves into the midfield to form a dangerous combination with Yeo and Shuey.

Jackson Nelson
183 games
Gets more opportunity when Waters and Butler retire. Has a solid career off the HBF and can play an inside mid role.

Damien Cavka
190 games
All round solid midfielder playing a number of different roles.

Alec Waterman
52 games
Just doesn't get a spot in the midfield.

Kane Lucas
0 games
Delisted

Corey Adamson
85 games.
Uses his explosive speed to good effect off half back and is dangerous at the contest when released into the midfield.

This would make ours one of the greatest drafts of all time

Duggan 285 games (future captain)
Lamb 70 games (promising, but traded back to Vic)
Nelson 102 games (career cut short by injury)
Cavka 151 games (solid career)
Waterman 225 games (midfield general)
Lucas 37 games
Brophy 12 games
Adamson 24 games

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On tonight's viewing Nelson can play. Has the defensive edge and positioning of a seasoned defender, provides solid disposal and has good dash.
We don't really have a lock as our other HBF alongside Hurn. We've played Ellis, Sheppard, Bennell, Schofield, Butler, Smith and A Selwood in that position over the past couple of years.

Would be good to have some consistency alongside Hurn and Eric, hopefully Nelson is that guy.

Will be some nice competition between him, Duggan and Sheppard over the coming year or two

Remove this Banner Ad

Back