East Point
Melton
Lake Wendouree

Sunbury
Darley
Bacchus Marsh
Sebas
Nth City

That said, I'd not be greatly surprised if one or two finish four places higher or lower than that.

sniper5

Debutant
Suspended
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Redan
Ballarat
Lake Wendouree
Melton
East Point

Melton South
Sunbury
Darley
Sebastopol
North City
B.Marsh

Oldschool86

Draftee
Feb 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lake Wendouree - Added plenty of depth although intresting to see if loss of Paul Mac will hurt them, from all reports flying
Melton South - Forward line added another weapon. McMahon, Sutton, Grenfell...Very big chance if they gel well together and finish of Reardons career in style
Redan - Will be similar to South....Unsure on how new coach will go
Ballarat - Well Coached and Super fit team, still not enough winners for mine as shown in finals last year
Darley - Added some more depth and by all reports the kids are flying at the Devils. Edwards going to be the measuring stick...He plays well they will also
East Point - Solid as always, Jordan to kick another 100

Melton - Loss of too many players and height as well will hurt the bloods this year
Sunbury - Didn't know where to put the Lions will be a down year as they aim to re-build...Unless libba can ring in what respect he has left in Footy circles and get some stars to the Eastern Lions
Nth City - Plenty of Tallent...A few years away yet
Bacchus Marsh - Added a FF cabable of kicking a bag every week...Can they stop there oppisition...Must win all home games as they play Maddingly better than anyone
Sebas - Cant see them going any higher...When will they find some talent and hold on to it

I cant put much between the Top 6 as i think anyone of them could win the flag on any given day.

chambo333

Rookie
Nov 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I think Redan and Ballarat are definitely going to be the two sides to beat for 2008. I still don't think Melton South are going to quite have the midfield to feed the forward line, however i must admit Dane Grenfell will be handy to add a quality midsized forward that will kick goals, midfield and defence still a worry though??

I wouldn't count out Sunbury too early either, although they lost plenty of name players i think they still have a very strong spine of key players, There reserves and under 18's have been strong for years so the players to make the step up won't be too bad, and apparantly they went pretty well against a very strong Bundoora team.

Where did Paul McMahon go?

Oldschool86

Draftee
Feb 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Redan and Ballarat are definitely going to be the two sides to beat for 2008. I still don't think Melton South are going to quite have the midfield to feed the forward line, however i must admit Dane Grenfell will be handy to add a quality midsized forward that will kick goals, midfield and defence still a worry though??

I wouldn't count out Sunbury too early either, although they lost plenty of name players i think they still have a very strong spine of key players, There reserves and under 18's have been strong for years so the players to make the step up won't be too bad, and apparantly they went pretty well against a very strong Bundoora team.

Where did Paul McMahon go?

Playing for North Ballarat i heard on another post

pistons son

Rookie
Apr 2, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
some of you guys are serisously over estimating the talent at the Lakers. They wont finish in the top 6, no chance. The biggest drop will definately come from sunbury. The biggest move will probably come from Bacchus Marsh, which may only be 3 spots but no one else will move up 3 spots. Pretty much the same as last year. Darley have been spruiking up there chances saying who they beat pre season matches which were false. They were claiming wins when they got smacked. Anyway, all teasm seem to be pumping up there chances so we'll have to wait to see who are the real deals and who are the floggers.

chumpy

Senior List
Suspended
Feb 3, 2007
Deer Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
1. Darley to make finals
2. Sunbury to miss finals
3. DJ to kick more goals for the year than Bacchus Marsh
4. Hendo winner to come from Eastern side
5. East Point to choke and go out in straight sets AGAIN
6. Redan to dominate league
7. South thinking they are a chance of doing something, but are kidding themselves
8. No one to give a rats about North City
9. Crowds still to be very low
10. Melton South canteen to still have best hotdogs

Kings Army

Premiership Player
Suspended
Mar 15, 2006
Essendon
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lake Wendouree - Added plenty of depth although intresting to see if loss of Paul Mac will hurt them, from all reports flying
Melton South - Forward line added another weapon. McMahon, Sutton, Grenfell...Very big chance if they gel well together and finish of Reardons career in style
Redan - Will be similar to South....Unsure on how new coach will go
Ballarat - Well Coached and Super fit team, still not enough winners for mine as shown in finals last year
Darley - Added some more depth and by all reports the kids are flying at the Devils. Edwards going to be the measuring stick...He plays well they will also
East Point - Solid as always, Jordan to kick another 100

Melton - Loss of too many players and height as well will hurt the bloods this year
Sunbury - Didn't know where to put the Lions will be a down year as they aim to re-build...Unless libba can ring in what respect he has left in Footy circles and get some stars to the Eastern Lions
Nth City - Plenty of Tallent...A few years away yet
Bacchus Marsh - Added a FF cabable of kicking a bag every week...Can they stop there oppisition...Must win all home games as they play Maddingly better than anyone
Sebas - Cant see them going any higher...When will they find some talent and hold on to it

I cant put much between the Top 6 as i think anyone of them could win the flag on any given day.

No chance in hell Lakers will finish on top.

WeHateTheDrummer

Senior List
Mar 5, 2008
Horsham
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Turtles
1. Darley to make finals
7. South thinking they are a chance of doing something, but are kidding themselves

Maybe the Ballarat league can take note of this and make going to watch the footy cheaper or even follow north ballarats lead and offer a gold coin donation for a paricular round (maybe rivalry round). I know clubs won't want it but more people means more people eating and drinking and creates a much better atmosphere, and could benefit your club alot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

darren melton

Senior List
Mar 23, 2007
melton
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. Darley to make finals
whats the hype bout south grenfell will struggle up 4ward on small ground sutts the man theregrenfell needs space and not much at sths ground if fit dane would be better suited in back half hope he goes well and sutts to but south to miss again :D

malkovich

Draftee
Apr 6, 2008
Riddel district
AFL Club
Fremantle
whats the hype bout south grenfell will struggle up 4ward on small ground sutts the man theregrenfell needs space and not much at sths ground if fit dane would be better suited in back half hope he goes well and sutts to but south to miss again :D

South are no hope. You cant have a team with 15 ego's. McMahon, Sutton, Grenfell and that other little gymp that plays up forward are all individuals and Sikorski, Mcleod and Watkins are all unintellegent people and footballers. It cant work. We all seen what happened at East the last few years with ego filled sides (and they are 10 goals better on potential than this side). Remember they also play on a ground that is about 90 metres long and they have to fit all of these players in that- s**t they will have trouble just fitting Leggets left leg in their back half this year

riggers21

Debutant
Suspended
Apr 22, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
some of you guys are serisously over estimating the talent at the Lakers. They wont finish in the top 6, no chance. The biggest drop will definately come from sunbury. The biggest move will probably come from Bacchus Marsh, which may only be 3 spots but no one else will move up 3 spots. Pretty much the same as last year. Darley have been spruiking up there chances saying who they beat pre season matches which were false. They were claiming wins when they got smacked. Anyway, all teasm seem to be pumping up there chances so we'll have to wait to see who are the real deals and who are the floggers.

serious over estimation of lakers you think mate? well you've been shown havent you as lakers ran all over the reigning premiers who were at full strength according to their coach snibbo, and lakers have more to come back in including previous league leading goal kicker brad maxwell and captain gavin webb. why wouldnt you rate a team which has picked up players of the quality of chris mcguigan, mick foster, batistello and vic country rep dan weymouth to name a few of the top quality signings.. saying they have no chance of a top 6 finish shows that you probably dont have the knowledge or intelligence to be commenting on teams chances in the bfl this year.

pistons son

Rookie
Apr 2, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
serious over estimation of lakers you think mate? well you've been shown havent you as lakers ran all over the reigning premiers who were at full strength according to their coach snibbo, and lakers have more to come back in including previous league leading goal kicker brad maxwell and captain gavin webb. why wouldnt you rate a team which has picked up players of the quality of chris mcguigan, mick foster, batistello and vic country rep dan weymouth to name a few of the top quality signings.. saying they have no chance of a top 6 finish shows that you probably dont have the knowledge or intelligence to be commenting on teams chances in the bfl this year.

gee, they clearly showed how good they were on the weekend. beating marsh by 5 goals. 3 were in the last 5 minutes when marsh lost the plot. Lakers got 3 in a row, umpire awarding 3 frees in a row before the ball got back to the centre. The Marsh's Captain and best defender weren't even playing.As i said earlier Lakers no chance. As for yor guns, batistello is a hang out. Don't even mention foster. Did he play? Giving foster 3rd best last week was a token gesture. Also hanging your hat on beating Redan round 1. How did they go on the weekend? I rest my case. Clearly it is you that obviously doesn't have the knowledge or intellegence to be commenting on the BFL this year!!
No doubt you'll beat sebast next week but as soon as you play some good opposition like Darley, East, South, Ballarat then come back and stake your claim. You've got no idea champ.......

TigerTank

Premiership Player
Aug 24, 2000
Wendouree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
KC Chiefs, Royal Park FNC, Man City
Lakers need to win just six more games to play finals and still play Sebas twice! They've also got a couple against North City and another against Bacchus Marsh so they only need to pinch a couple here and there and they've made it.

And who knows? The closeness of the Lakers-Marsh game might actually be a reflection of the Marsh's improvement too.

Honestly, I don't think there's much difference between nine of the 11 clubs.

pistons son

Rookie
Apr 2, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lakers need to win just six more games to play finals and still play Sebas twice! They've also got a couple against North City and another against Bacchus Marsh so they only need to pinch a couple here and there and they've made it.

And who knows? The closeness of the Lakers-Marsh game might actually be a reflection of the Marsh's improvement too.

Yeah, fair call then. I'm sure one of those teams will upset the lakers once during the year. After seeing the lakers on saturday I still believe that teams to finish above them will be Darley, East, Ballarat, South, Sunbury and Redan.

Hotdog32

Rookie
Apr 28, 2008
Melton
Yeah, fair call then. I'm sure one of those teams will upset the lakers once during the year. After seeing the lakers on saturday I still believe that teams to finish above them will be Darley, East, Ballarat, South, Sunbury and Redan.
I'm not too sure about South everyone has been pumpimg them up, the next 3 games will tell us if they are the real deal they have Melton away, East home and Ballarat away and i believe Sutton and McMahon are both injured.

pistons son

Rookie
Apr 2, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Round 3 predictions: Just thought I'd throw it in there

Bacchus to beat Darley by 1 point
East to beat Sunbury 6 goals
Ballarat to beat Redan 2 goals
Lakers to beat sebast 8 goals
South to beat melton 3 goals
Nth city 4 points

Kings Army

Premiership Player
Suspended
Mar 15, 2006
Essendon
AFL Club
North Melbourne

No doubt Lakers have been under estimated. I think a lot of clubs have improved as well. Most thought South were stonger than they have turned out to be. Sunbury have not dropped away to a terrible standard.

Not sure East and Redan are playing at 100%. After finishing on top the last 2 years East may have taken on the Redan approach to try finish 3rd. The thing is they both can't finish 3rd and they both would not want to slip to 4th. What are the chances of 2 non finalist from 2007 finishing 1 - 2 in 2008. Only early but Lakers and Darley are on the move. Still Redan for me but the most even comp in a long time. East, South, Lakers, Darley, Sunbury and even maybe Melton could play in the Grand Final.

wceagles

Rookie
Nov 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Re: ballarat football league

No doubt Lakers have been under estimated. I think a lot of clubs have improved as well. Most thought South were stonger than they have turned out to be. Sunbury have not dropped away to a terrible standard.

Not sure East and Redan are playing at 100%. After finishing on top the last 2 years East may have taken on the Redan approach to try finish 3rd. The thing is they both can't finish 3rd and they both would not want to slip to 4th. What are the chances of 2 non finalist from 2007 finishing 1 - 2 in 2008. Only early but Lakers and Darley are on the move. Still Redan for me but the most even comp in a long time. East, South, Lakers, Darley, Sunbury and even maybe Melton could play in the Grand Final.

NO WHERE NEAR THE APOLOGY YOU PROMISED , BUT ATLEAST YOU HAVE LEARNT SOME MANNERS AND HOPEFULLY SHOW THE DEVILS A BIT MORE RESPECT NOW , AFTER OUR LAST CONVERSATION

TigerTank

Premiership Player
Aug 24, 2000
Wendouree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
KC Chiefs, Royal Park FNC, Man City

Not sure East and Redan are playing at 100%.

Redan looks unfit and South have had some very unhelpful injuries. Bad luck with Jason Watkins, and no Sutton and McMahon on the weekend was bound to hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back