News 2016 AFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final - West Coast v Richmond
Premier - Richmond
Minor premier - West Coast
Wooden spoon - Carlton (Hard to pick this early. Ask again after all drafting/trading has concluded)
Riser - Gold Coast and GWS
Slider - Sydney (Still top 8, but not by much)
Where Suns will finish - 6th
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Charlie Dixon 78
Suns leading goal kicker (and how many) - Tom Lynch 49
Brownlow medalist - Ablett
Most Brownlow votes for Suns - Ablett 30 (Next Prestia 13)
Best and Fairest Suns - Ablett
Rising star winner - Callum Mills

Will need to improve a lot as there were a few underperforming teams this year as well. I think Port, Collingwood and GWS will have better years than this year. Geelong will improve. St Kilda will improve. I think 8th will be a good effort.

Grand Final - West Coast v Richmond
Premier - Richmond
Wooden spoon - Carlton (Hard to pick this early. Ask again after all drafting/trading has concluded)
Riser - Gold Coast and GWS
Slider - Sydney (Still top 8, but not by much)
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Charlie Dixon 78
Most Brownlow votes for Suns - Ablett 30 (Next Prestia 13)
Rising star winner - Callum Mills

Richmond to go from not being able to win a single final to winning it all is a massive call SUNS and foer Dicko to kick 78 when he averages 12 games a season puts him at a Best EVER goal rate of 6.5 a game. The rest I think is spot on.

West Coast to win it

Kennedy for the Coleman with 80

Grand Final - West Coast V Port Adelaide
Premier - West Coast
Minor premier - Port Adelaide
Wooden spoon - Brisbane
Riser - Port/Gold Coast
Slider - Fremantle
Where Suns will finish - 5th-7th
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Jeremy Cameron 76
Suns leading goal kicker (and how many) - Tom Lynch 70
Brownlow medalist - Nat Fyfe - 30
Most Brownlow votes for Suns - Gary Ablett- 27 votes
Best and Fairest Suns - Gaz
Rising star winner - Darcey Moore (if still elegible?)

Grand Final - Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide
Premier - Port Adelaide
Wooden spoon - Carlton
Riser - Port/Gold Coast/GWS/St Kilda
Slider - Western Bulldogs/Sydney
Where Suns will finish - 8th
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Jarryd Roughead 79
Brownlow medalist - Dan Hannebery 29
Most Brownlow votes for Suns -Gary Ablett- 26 votes
Rising Star winner- Jarrod Garlett

Grand Final - West Coast vs. Port Adelaide
Premier - West Coast
Wooden spoon - Carlton
Riser - Gold Coast, Port Adelaide, Lions
Slider - North Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney, Freo
Where Suns will finish - 7th
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Buddy Franklin - 70
Suns leading goal kicker (and how many) - Tom Lynch- 53
Brownlow medalist - Dan Hannebery
Most Brownlow votes for Suns - Ablett - 22
Best and Fairest Suns - Tom Lynch
Rising star winner - Jarrod Garlett

Richmond to go from not being able to win a single final to winning it all is a massive call

Yeah Ill back that up with outrageous call. We needed to play two or three finals this year and experience winning and other facts of life such as Hawthorn being a different proposition in Finals than in Home and Away.

Missed the excitement that you guys had produced in 2014 but im sure 2015 was more disapointing for you guys.

Does anyone know what the chances of Jaeger and Gaz starting Round 1 together. Combined with Swallow that will be a good start.

Hope for a better year next year. For both of us.

Grand Final - West Coast v Fremantle
Premier - Fremantle
Wooden spoon - Carlton
Riser - Port, Suns, Pies
Slider - Dogs, Swans
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Josh Kennedy 72
Suns leading goal kicker (and how many) - Tom Lynch 45
Brownlow medalist - Scott Pendlebury *
Most Brownlow votes for Suns - Gaz
Rising Star winner - Jacob Weitering

* Had a poor year this year by his standards which he will want to atone for, as will the pies who will have a stronger midfield next year (also why I think they will be a Riser ..... much to my disgust).

Yeah Ill back that up with outrageous call. We needed to play two or three finals this year and experience winning and other facts of life such as Hawthorn being a different proposition in Finals than in Home and Away.

Missed the excitement that you guys had produced in 2014 but im sure 2015 was more disapointing for you guys.

Does anyone know what the chances of Jaeger and Gaz starting Round 1 together. Combined with Swallow that will be a good start.

Hope for a better year next year. For both of us.
Yep everyone should be fit and ready to go round 1.

Next year I think our first best year player will either be Fiorni or Willis. Both play in position where if they both put a couple of kg's on during the preseason could push for a game early next year.

Trent Mckenzie will do what Aaron Hall did this year and deliver on his potential, playing on the wing. His fitness will increase and hopefully his attitude will turn around and he can use his offensive skills.

That would be like getting a new recruit!

I'm hard on him because he has the talent to deliver so much more than what he has and it is entirely up to him to put in the work if he wants to become a good AFL player.

Trent Mckenzie will do what Aaron Hall did this year and deliver on his potential, playing on the wing. His fitness will increase and hopefully his attitude will turn around and he can use his offensive skills.

I don't think he has enough natural endurance nor work ethic to compensate. Will believe it when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand Final - Sydney v West Coast
Premier - Sydney
Wooden spoon - Carlton
Riser - Gold Coast and Port
Slider - Fremantle
Where Suns will finish - 9th
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Lance Franklin 72
Brownlow medalist - Bontempelli
Most Brownlow votes for Suns - Ablett 25
Rising star winner - Isaac Heeney (EDIT: Jacob Hopper)

Last edited:
Grand Final - Sydney v West Coast
Premier - Sydney
Wooden spoon - Carlton
Riser - Gold Coast and Port
Slider - Fremantle
Where Suns will finish - 9th
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Lance Franklin 72
Brownlow medalist - Bontempelli
Most Brownlow votes for Suns - Ablett 25
Rising star winner - Isaac Heeney
Heeney is not eligible for Rising Star, he has played 14 games already... Callum Mills gotta be a good chance if he can get his body right.... Weitering is going to get plenty of action in the back half in most of Carlton's games.

Grand Final - Hawthorn v Sydney
Premier - Sydney
Minor premier - Sydney
Wooden spoon - Carlton
Riser - Gold Coast and Geelong
Slider - Western Bulldogs
Where Suns will finish - 5th
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Jarrad Grant (hahaha, oh s**t that's funny) No, Jack Gunston 71
Suns leading goal kicker (and how many) - Tom Lynch 53
Most Brownlow votes for Suns - Ablett 30 (Next Swallow 18)
Rising star winner - MacKenzie Willis (daylight second)

Scoop revealed on Sports Today the Suns had almost accepted the fact O'Meara would be returning to Melbourne at the end of next season.

OK, I admit I'm not up to speed on all the ins and outs, but why does the story say "returning to Melbourne". I always thought Jaegar was from Dongara in WA. So, he maybe going to Melbourne, but "returning" to Melbourne. What am I missing here?

Scoop revealed on Sports Today the Suns had almost accepted the fact O'Meara would be returning to Melbourne at the end of next season.

OK, I admit I'm not up to speed on all the ins and outs, but why does the story say "returning to Melbourne". I always thought Jaegar was from Dongara in WA. So, he maybe going to Melbourne, but "returning" to Melbourne. What am I missing here?
Your missing that Scoop is an A grade TOOL

I hate to admit it but I think O'Meara is half way out the door.

I saw that interview on the GC website last year when he drove around in a car and talked about himself for 5 mins without any indication about what the club means to him or how he feels about his future with the Suns (talked a lot about his Suns room mates and reading between the lines it seemed a little Shady)

Why else would his girlfriend be working in Melbourne, she isn't a corporate high flyer so she could be doing the same job on the Gold Coast if they had long-term plans to stay.

TBH if he goes he goes. The club has already made changes to appease him:
  • Sack Bluey
  • Get a quality high performance team in
  • Clear out the disruptive influences
Come to think of it if they did all this on Jaeger's say so they should probably be making him president/football manger of the Suns.

The only things the club can control now to convince him to stay are:
  • Winning and setting ourselves up for a tilt at the flag
  • Showing improved professionalism in all aspects of the club
  • Closer bond with teammates
  • Maybe getting his girlfriend an awesome job to entice up to the Coast ;)
If he goes then the club has to play extreme hard ball in negotiations as he's a once in a generation midfielder as he has only given us 2 years of service and doesn't deserve any favors from the Suns to get him where he wants to go.

By wanting to go to Melbourne it provides the club with some leverage to negotiate with 9 clubs if he is not fussed with any particular club. If he tries to nominate a club (say Hawthorn) and they try to offer a couple of their 1st rd draft picks (2016 & 2017 - picks 15-18) that won't cut it and I would be prepared to let him go to Carlton (assuming they finish bottom) for nothing in the Pre-Season or National draft than take extreme unders from Hawthorn.

Scoop has 1..

O'Meara already has his bags packed and ready.. Victoria bound..

Really pisses me off to be reading this s**t already..

The Suns don't have much top end talent.. Yet pricks want to pinch every talented bloke we have.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/gold-coa...-dion-prestia-says-scoop-20151208-gliq73.html

Looking past the fact that both Omeara and Prestia could actually leave at the end of next season, that has got to be just about the blandest, most unispired pieces of journalism I have seen about football, which is saying something considering the amount of crap out there. Everybody knows that both players are looking at how we go over the next 12 months before deciding, yet now the club knows that Omeara is gone, based on ??? Talk about a space filler. I am disapointed considering he gave himself the nickname 'scoop' yet regurgitates this same crap almost daily. I expected more from you Sam. *Shakes Head*

Grand Final - Hawthorn vs Someone
Premier - Hawthorn :thumbsdown:
Minor premier - Hawthorn
Wooden spoon - Carlton
Riser - Gold Coast!!
Slider - Sydney
Where Suns will finish - 7th
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Jeremy Cameron 67
Suns leading goal kicker (and how many) - Tom Lynch 50+
Most Brownlow votes for Suns - Ablett
Rising star winner - Mackenzie Willis (runner up in the brownlow)

Has anyone considered the possibility he hasn't decided yet? It's a ******* year away almost!

He is probably waiting to see how the club shapes up after all the changes to make a decision. Hard to see him walking if we catapult up the ladder but if not I don't blame him. We do need to keep at least one of them which I am confident we will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back