Game Day Prelim Final - Hawks v Port Gameday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt the siren saved Hawthorn but that's football. As to next week. Ironic that Buddy will deliver the flag to the Swans. When this happens clubs might take a different view to free agency. What's the saying? " Never give a sucker an even break". I myself always preferred "kick where you see a head":eek:

No doubt the siren saved Hawthorn but that's football. As to next week. Ironic that Buddy will deliver the flag to the Swans. When this happens clubs might take a different view to free agency. What's the saying? " Never give a sucker an even break". I myself always preferred "kick where you see a head":eek:

I still like chewy on your boot! I mean really, even if chewy was on your boot as if it would be sticky enough for it to stop the football coming off your boot. I doubt it would deflect it that much........

Ripping game of football. One that got away for Port after not capitalising in the first but Hawks earned the win nonetheless.

In for a treat next week. Two great teams. Think hawks may have got the better preparation. Just too easy for swans against inferior opposition.

Nothing inferior about Port. Hard to see them not being thereabouts next year and for a few seasons after that too.

Free agency and COLA

Ripping game of football. One that got away for Port after not capitalising in the first but Hawks earned the win nonetheless.

In for a treat next week. Two great teams. Think hawks may have got the better preparation. Just too easy for swans against inferior opposition.

Nothing inferior about Port. Hard to see them not being thereabouts next year and for a few seasons after that too.

Have thought for the second half of the season Sydney have no equal. Too good all over the field and up front. think the Swans will win comfortably next week.

**** Sydney and their COLA! Go Hawks!
Yeah, I am with you. Think this Hawks team deserves a third before it heads into the sunset, which is coming.

Be ironic if Buddy wins a flag for Sydney against Hawthorn after pretty much costing the Hawks the grand final against them two years ago. But the form he is in is on the cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not jumping on a bandwagon just because a whole bunch of other people are on it. It's not an issue for me and I think it would be disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

The COLA is an absolute joke. AFL players get paid well above the average person without having the COLA. Last time I checked, it was pretty expensive to live in Melbourne as well.

It's an unfair advantage and the sooner it's removed, the better for all clubs

The COLA is an absolute joke. AFL players get paid well above the average person without having the COLA. Last time I checked, it was pretty expensive to live in Melbourne as well.

It's an unfair advantage and the sooner it's removed, the better for all clubs
Their recruitment and player development is outrageous, disregarding Buddy & Tippett.

Agree that COLA is a load of s**t and gives them an unfair advantage, but they'd still be a much better team than us without it, so I'm not fussed if it helps them beat another team in the GF.

Their recruitment and player development is outrageous, disregarding Buddy & Tippett.

Agree that COLA is a load of s**t and gives them an unfair advantage, but they'd still be a much better team than us without it, so I'm not fussed if it helps them beat another team in the GF.

It's not just about us though. It's about the competition

tosser coach, dirty players, cola, buddy, Australian of the year.... nothing to like about any of these teams. Might give the gf a miss.

Would normally go for Sydney but don't want to see Buddy or the Swans rewarded for that 9 year COLA contract. I guess I will automatically choose a team during the game.

Really???? Roughead probably should've had about 35 free kicks for being held, scragged, blocked......

Its pretty clear that before the game Gil went into the umps room and said "Boys, now you have a job to do. That job is to make sure a Vic team is in the Granny".

And thats exactly what happened

Remove this Banner Ad

Back