Preview Preliminary Final - Hawthorn v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now my biggest decision now is what Whisky to have.

Auchestoshan classic
Glenfiddich 15 years cask

or just a cognac
courvoiser vsop

Edit - Just realised this isn't the review thread, don't I feel like a spud. Either way I went with teh Auchestoshan

Def drop Murphy, he isnt up to standard, sorry to those murphy fans.. hes no good

Am a little nervous about Roughies bump off the ball, and Gibsons attempted trip. Hopefully nothing it, but if we did loose them for the prelim, it would be disastrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Figure WhiteX is done for the year and Ellis would be the most likely replacement for him so X stays.

Reckon is could be Murph and Sav out for Lewis and Young though Sav had his best have of the year and would be a bit stiff

Tricky one... Ellis and Savage both brilliant tonight.... would like to say Murphy out but none of the ins really work?

assuming Lewis and Young come back...

In: Lewis, Young
out: WX(if injured), Murphy? (dont see how this can work with the blokes coming in... but is the weakest link in defense)

really not sure though... glad its not my decision.

Am a little nervous about Roughies bump off the ball, and Gibsons attempted trip. Hopefully nothing it, but if we did loose them for the prelim, it would be disastrous.

Dont worry about Gibbo.......left his leg dangling and got Krakour in the midrift. Ump apparrently said: A clumsy effort on the tackle, but nothing in it.
Who knows with Rough after the StevieJ incident........but its finals, so hopefully the MRP are winding down for their end of season trip.

On a more serious note, there is a very good chance we might have to play Geelong to get to a GF.
So (and I am assuming that Geelong will beat Freeo) they will have to travel to either Adelaide or Sydney to reach a prelim.

Collingwood really only have one key marking forward......you can bet your bottom dollar that Geelong will have at least 3.......Hawkins, Pods and a resting Vardy. How do we cover this.........

Do we bring in Bailey to challenge in the ruck, play Hale as the 2nd Ruck/tall forward, and swing Rough down back on Hawkins..........nah, Clarko wont do that........he never has and never will. This will be the making of our premiership aspirations.

Geelong are in as good as form as anyone and have had some players coming back into the fold in the last couple of weeks.......I wouldnt put it past them to knock off either of Adelaide or Sydney interstate. If this happens, then whoever wins a Hawthorn/Geelong prelim wins the flag. Surely Geelong cant sneak another one. If we get them in a prelim, we MUST MUST MUST bury the hoodoo.

On a more serious note, there is a very good chance we might have to play Geelong to get to a GF.
So (and I am assuming that Geelong will beat Freeo) they will have to travel to either Adelaide or Sydney to reach a prelim.

Collingwood really only have one key marking forward......you can bet your bottom dollar that Geelong will have at least 3.......Hawkins, Pods and a resting Vardy. How do we cover this.........

Do we bring in Bailey to challenge in the ruck, play Hale as the 2nd Ruck/tall forward, and swing Rough down back on Hawkins..........nah, Clarko wont do that........he never has and never will. This will be the making of our premiership aspirations.

Geelong are in as good as form as anyone and have had some players coming back into the fold in the last couple of weeks.......I wouldnt put it past them to knock off either of Adelaide or Sydney interstate. If this happens, then whoever wins a Hawthorn/Geelong prelim wins the flag. Surely Geelong cant sneak another one. If we get them in a prelim, we MUST MUST MUST bury the hoodoo.
If they get to a prelim, the verse us :(

I would say Young, Lewis in for Murphy, Whitecross.

Roughead won't go - the closer they get to the granny, the more relaxed the MRP is......

Looked at the Roughy incident a few times. Seems not as bad as SteveJ and SteveJ would've only got a reprimand if it wasn't for carry over points.

Rough plays next week

IN: Lewis Young
OUT: Whitecross (inj) Murphy (omitted)

IMO Murphy played well, but Young is a much better player and at the MCG, Young is so pivotal to our run and carry, Murphy is very unlucky.

B: Stratton Gibson Burgoyne
HB: Birchall Schoenmakers Suckling
C: Lewis Mitchell Young
HF: Gunston Franklin Rioli
F: Breust Roughead Puopolo
R: Hale Hodge Sewell

INT: Smith Shiels Savage Ellis

EMG: Hill Murphy Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back