2nds Preliminary Final: Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

And in typical Crows fashion, they pulled the tweet. Not the first time David Burtenshaw/Katrina Gill has mouthed off on twitter then deleted it. Weak as piss, just like their football club

Adelaide Crows @Adelaide_FC · 35m
You @PAFC_Magpies @michelangeloruc can believe it if you like but they aren't the Maggies, they are the Power reserves

Hopefully the players are shown this to spur them on the smash Norwood next week

Why would Rucci or the rest of us give a toss what anyone at the Crows thinks? We will watch our teams play in an AFL Prelim and an SANFL Grand Final next week end while the crows will be out fishing or washing the car or...

That e message was actually discussed on 5AA and it received a cool reception. No one could figure out why anyone at the Crows would send it.

Adelaide Crows @Adelaide_FC · 35m
You @PAFC_Magpies @michelangeloruc can believe it if you like but they aren't the Maggies, they are the Power reserves

Hopefully the players are shown this to spur them on the smash Norwood next week

Evidence for me in 140 characters or less where they are as a football club. How can any half decent organisation let someone near access to the media that spews forth bile like that. What do you get out of it apart for a troll?. Have some class either express kudos or stfu. They wont go anywhere while that sort of stuff exists at their club and unfortunately for them it is systemic.

Can you imagine casual k letting anyone get away with that?.

Anyways.... fantastic effort MAGPIES.

Brave effort to get where they are. No ruckman for half the season meaning we have basically played KP players in that role so we lose structure (How good was Harveys effort in the third and last quarter-hes a keeper). One key forward. Kids having to make mature decisions against experienced campaigners.

That game was won because WE ARE PORT ADELAIDE.

And in typical Crows fashion, they pulled the tweet. Not the first time David Burtenshaw/Katrina Gill has mouthed off on twitter then deleted it. Weak as piss, just like their football club

Burtenshaw at his finest:

Crows in the SANFL: Q&A with AFC

Epic social media management disaster.

Mind-numbingly stupid fail on every level.

Apologies Mods if this is against Big Footy rules.

But this is campaigning at its finest by a 1st Class Campaigner...

Very much like the Norwood game. Terrible first half, great third quarter, South were starting to come back but ran out of time. The difference between the two games was that we didn't lose control early in the last quarter and by 16 minutes in the last were still 21 ahead.
The umpires were terrible, the frees South got may have been there but we didn't get frees for the same arms over the shoulder and holding off the ball that they got.
Not so sure the first half was terrible. But neither team would have put fear in Norwood's hearts. And Sturt who South massacred last week would have been going WTF. Our pressure was fantastic, our scoring efforts execrable. They (South) just fell and flopped as if AO had a surface of marbles. Second half as you say. Kane Mitchell worked his arse off in the last to stop their run.

The Power making the preliminary final will hurt the crowd. Plenty of people will still be either in or just back from Melbourne.
The timing will take thousands of die-hard Port supporters away from this game. But I can't see that much can be done about it.

There was a-lot of talent at Adelaide Oval today. A helluva lot. And I'm not even talking about the footy. The warm weather brought the MILFs, cougars and skank glamours out in force. Full force! Amazed I saw any of the game. But from what I saw...

Sun was a killer. Spent half the day blocking it out. Wouldn’t surprise me if players lost track of the ball at times. Looked that way in the second quarter when Clurey didn’t push back and make body contact on Eddy, who took an uncontested mark and goaled.

Eddy might be that classic SANFL forward: very good SANFL footballer but probably not big enough or quick enough for the AFL.

Mason Shaw on the other hand... reckon he will frustrate us for some time yet, either until he comes good or is delisted. Westhoffian? Did some really nice things today. Took a bunch of marks and kicked a couple of goals. That one from the scoreboard pocket was a cracker. At the moment he reminds me of that big kid in junior footy who doesn’t realize he’s a big kid so doesn’t play like one. If he ever does... look out!

Memo to South fans: a tackle is not an automatic free kick for holding the ball.

Thought Young was big. Especially big in the second and third quarters. Nothing bigger than his grab late in the final term. Next thing Danger kicks the sealer.

Actually, I was pretty stoked he kicked that. Coz South fans around me on The Hill were giving it to him. Kept going on about his hair. Anyway, he seemed to play a bit aggro in the first half. Like he had the shits about not playing in last night’s epic clash. But then, after half-time, he just ran. And ran. And ran and ran and ran. Dominant.

All the blokes in and out of the Power had their moments. Now this might not make me popular, but it’s so evident why Ken keeps calling up the same blokes.

Bruggerman is the most unfit SANFL player I’ve ever seen. Yeah, I know we got him late. But he was pretty cooked before half-time. See how he goes with a big pre-season under his belt.

“Interesting” tactic: a few times when the ball was in our forward pocket, nobody contested the ruck. This was not by accident. It was by design.

Didn’t notice the umps today. Didn't so much put their whistles away. More so they didn’t bring them. Let a-lot of stuff go. Refreshing.

On the way home, I walked past a couple dry-rooting on the grass in Salisbury Town Square...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Interesting” tactic: a few times when the ball was in our forward pocket, nobody contested the ruck. This was not by accident. It was by design.

That was purely due to the umps throwing the ball in the air without giving two hoots if the ruckmen had made it to contest the ruck.

... Sun was a killer. Spent half the day blocking it out. Wouldn’t surprise me if players lost track of the ball at times. Looked that way in the second quarter when Clurey didn’t push back and make body contact on Eddy, who took an uncontested mark and goaled ....
Heath was right there too, both were culpable.

.... Bruggerman is the most unfit SANFL player I’ve ever seen. Yeah, I know we got him late. But he was pretty cooked before half-time. See how he goes with a big pre-season under his belt ....
He started unfit, was starting to shape up well, but today looked like Stewy Dew 6 months after retirement. If his contract doesn't extend to next year he's gone.

He started unfit, was starting to shape up well, but today looked like Stewy Dew 6 months after retirement. If his contract doesn't extend to next year he's gone.

As the game wore-on, he was so knackered he could barely even make a marking contest...

Absolutely a toff! This classy poster knows how to treat a lady. I wine and dine them at The Eureka and leave the dry-rooting for picturesque Pitman Park...
And always remember to drop them off at high school so they're not marked off as late.

Bruggerman didn't start with the shoulder bandaged, but did something and you could see how was holding it, something was well off. However rather than throw in the towel he battled in so we still had 3 on the bench and rotations weren't impacted! I thought it was a gallant effort from the big lad! He looks like he has lost about 15-20kgs since the first trial he played with us and his body shape is completely different, he still has Fat man legs, I agree would love to see him AFTER a full preseason.

Young and Mitchell were terrible for the first half, didn't look interested, I'm banking on sleep deprivation. Impey was good early and stood up in the last but went missing in the middle.

Summerton, Harvey, Ah Che and Logan I though were our best.

Newton well quiet, I hope contract isn't on his mind, that would probably be negative news if it was the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back