Remove this Banner Ad

Secco

All Australian
Oct 17, 2003
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Can someone please explain how the AFL can sell General Public Tickets before either the Eagles or Bulldogs members have had a chance to purchase tickets.

I know there is a certain allocation for Crows & Eagles/Bulldogs members, but how can there be an allocation for the public.

Normally the only allocation to the public is after the competing clubs members have had there chance.

If Adelaide members and Eagles/Bulldogs members took up there full allocation there would be no tickets for the public.

As there are not enough tickets for the competing clubs members, it just doesn't make sense that there can be an allocation to the public before the members

The following was listed on the AFL website.

Finals Ticketing Arrangements - Adelaide v West Coast Eagles/Western Bulldogs
Saturday 23 September 2006
TICKETING INFORMATION

PRELIMINARY FINAL 2

ADELAIDE V WEST COAST EAGLES/WESTERN BULLDOGS

AAMI STADIUM, SATURDAY 23 SEPTEMBER, TIME (TBC)

ADELAIDE MEMBERS: ets will be available to Season Ticket holders of Adelaide FC from 9.00am local time on Thursday 14th & Friday 15th September.

WEST COAST AND WESTERN BULLDOGS MEMBERS:Members of whichever team will play the Crows can purchase tickets from 9.00am CST on Monday 18th September (tickets will be purchased from a separate allocation).

GENERAL PUBLIC
Tickets will be available to the general public from 9.00am, local time, on Saturday 16th September. Tickets available from BASS (see details above). There will be a maximum of eight (8) tickets per transaction.

Secco said:
ADELAIDE MEMBERS: ets will be available to Season Ticket holders of Adelaide FC from 9.00am local time on Thursday 14th & Friday 15th September.

You would hope that only a certain number are set aside for Adelaide members to purchase, as there should be quite a few for us Bulldog members too.
Very puzzled why the general public should get to purchase before the genuine members. Surely that is an error.

Mo7 said:
You would hope that only a certain number are set aside for Adelaide members to purchase, as there should be quite a few for us Bulldog members too.
Very puzzled why the general public should get to purchase before the genuine members. Surely that is an error.

I agree there will be an allocation for Adelaide and either Eagles/Dogs members, and I don't have a problem with them selling Adelaide early, but how can there be an allocation for the public.

I'm buying a ticket for it, hoping that we make it. If not, Eagles v Adelaide should be a great game anyway. All my crows supporters and myself too and hoping on a Preliminary Crows v Dogs. If it happened, I'd hope we'd flog them, teach those bastards for their years of abuse....

If you have a look at the bass website it seems to indicate the only adelaide members will be able to purchase tickets upto saturday. After that i dont know

I just hope that they have allocated enough tickets for Bulldogs members. I would hate there to be a pitifu 2000-3000. I for one will be make the trip across to Adelaide if we make it.

By the way....... does anyone know where I can obtain a prosthetic head to put on my shoulder?

I would hate to be one of the only people there with only one head :D

gohardorgohome said:
I just hope that they have allocated enough tickets for Bulldogs members. I would hate there to be a pitifu 2000-3000. I for one will be make the trip across to Adelaide if we make it.

That's my point exactly.

I hope they have not under estimated the bulldog supporters.

There should be no tickets available to the public, until every eligible bulldog member has had a chance to buy a ticket.

I got through to BASS straight away this morning .... and the girl who I spoke to said quite a few bays had been set aside for the visiting team.

I've discovered a trick that makes it a bit easier to get through to BASS via phone ... so if you guys make it through, PM me and I'll give you the details.

gohardorgohome said:

By the way....... does anyone know where I can obtain a prosthetic head to put on my shoulder?

I would hate to be one of the only people there with only one head :D

You Idiot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you don't want to get ahead of yourselves .... but here's a ticket update for those interested.

From the Adelaide board:

"Phil Harper (Crows communications manager) just announced on 5AA that sales to the public have been suspended as there are only 128 tickets left.

3000 tickets have been set aside for the supporters of our opponent whoever that may be, and they get 3 hours between 9am and noon on Monday to get their tickets.

Any unsold tickets after that 3 hour period will be offered to the Adelaide public."

Thanks for the update roger rabitt im sure there are a few of us that would be eager to get our hands on some tickets if we are lucky enough to get through tonight.

Fingers crossed though I thought theyd set aside abit more than 3000 tickets for a visiting side.

Go the Doggies :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

RogerRabbit69 said:
I know you don't want to get ahead of yourselves .... but here's a ticket update for those interested.

From the Adelaide board:

"Phil Harper (Crows communications manager) just announced on 5AA that sales to the public have been suspended as there are only 128 tickets left.

3000 tickets have been set aside for the supporters of our opponent whoever that may be, and they get 3 hours between 9am and noon on Monday to get their tickets.

Any unsold tickets after that 3 hour period will be offered to the Adelaide public."

Thanks very much for your update RR69 and please keep us informed if anything changes but allocating just 3,000 tickets for the opposition supporters is pathetic and an insult.

If interstate clubs want finals footy the AFL MUST make them to allocate many more tickets or build bigger stadiums, otherwise have the games in Melbourne and maybe Sydney until they do so:mad: .

I agree 3000 doesn't seem like many.

Apparently the most opposition supporters to attend a final at AAMI Stadium is 2000 - so I guess they thought it was a reasonable estimate.

Still reckon it might have been wiser to hold back a few more until today's match is finished.

I guess if those 3000 tickets aren't bought by the opposition club, their decision will be justified.

RogerRabbit69 said:

Apparently the most opposition supporters to attend a final at AAMI Stadium is 2000 - so I guess they thought it was a reasonable estimate.

Still reckon it might have been wiser to hold back a few more until today's match is finished.

I guess if those 3000 tickets aren't bought by the opposition club, their decision will be justified.
What would have been wrong with both W Coast and Bulldogs supporters being able to "register their intent" to attend back on Thursday.......with automatic allocation once the opponent was known....:confused:

That way the perception of all supporters would be that they're getting their fair allocation. The reality is that the opposition attendance would still be <3000 - but at least all would have seemed fair.

I still think they should have waited until Monday like any other final.....:rolleyes:

RogerRabbit69 said:

When they give opposition supporters just 3 hours to get tickets its amazing there has been 2000 there. If Bass is anything like phoning through to our ticketmaster for tickets most people will not get through in the allocated time.
Its clear they dont want opposition supporters at AAMI Stadium and its a fair dinkum farce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back