A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Cowan (Mazenod) to De La. Gun.
Major loss if accurate. Not sure what's going on at the Nodders. They snagged two very good players from Berwick last year, both of whom only stayed for a couple of matches before heading back to the Wickers. Wise choice as it turned out as both ended-up with premiership medals. Another player who played a few games early on last year before heading overseas intends heading to the Berwick if he suits up this year as well.

Playing Richmond VFL, unlikely to play many games at OX.

More than likely correct, but always nice to have a bunch of VFL listed players who may be available from time to time. You never know when they may pop up to help at the pointy end.

Major loss if accurate. Not sure what's going on at the Nodders. They snagged two very good players from Berwick last year, both of whom only stayed for a couple of matches before heading back to the Wickers. Wise choice as it turned out as both ended-up with premiership medals. Another player who played a few games early on last year before heading overseas intends heading to the Berwick if he suits up this year as well.

I actually just heard that Cowan was seen talking to another 2 clubs on the weekend. So either he has made his decision very quickly or he is not 100% DLS yet. But def on the move from what I just heard.

I actually just heard that Cowan was seen talking to another 2 clubs on the weekend. So either he has made his decision very quickly or he is not 100% DLS yet. But def on the move from what I just heard.

Not sure about Cowan. Mangoni is from the Mazenod and he plays at St Bedes so quite possible. I guess until clubs come out an announce a players arrival or departure then it is all rumour and innuendo.

On that note De La have announced the return of Dan Keely. Past B & F winner who played 50 odd senior VFL games and has been a key player for Noble Park in recent seasons.

While the De La announcements do not rival Jamar, Schneider, Thomas etc they are all players who you would expect will have an impact at this level.

From what I hear, I think the ex-coach has a lot to do with the issues they currently have. Cowan leaving, who has major family ties down there, just goes to show the state they are in at the moment.
Re: Cowan - I think you will find another catholic school club made a play for him over the weekend. He may be running around Brindisi St tonight but don't be surprised to see him at Waverley on Wednesday.

Pretty sure a previous post of mine had "The Russian" exploring his career with a construction company prevalent in the Victoria Gardens precinct.

Seeing him recently in their offices tells me its as good as done.

Good get. Premier ruckman in the comp. Could easily gone around in the top flight for another 12 months after and injury free year.

Well done to SKOB, flexing some muscles at the moment.

Pretty sure a previous post of mine had "The Russian" exploring his career with a construction company prevalent in the Victoria Gardens precinct.

Seeing him recently in their offices tells me its as good as done.

Good get. Premier ruckman in the comp. Could easily gone around in the top flight for another 12 months after and injury free year.

Well done to SKOB, flexing some muscles at the moment.

There is some massive flexing going on currently that will leave quite a gap between best and rest for 2016 IMO. Big Gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is some massive flexing going on currently that will leave quite a gap between best and rest for 2016 IMO. Big Gap.

Say that every year.

We saw top end AFL talent work once for OH but look where that left them. The side still need to gel with the ring ins and it doesn't always happen that way.

In saying that, the T H Kingfishers, certainly have some good momentum.

I am still laughing at Strauss jumping ship on his mates. Wonder if he will drag their other prized recruit in Michael Evans who never showed up.

Captain Trinity Passador will have his work cut out to deliver the Cardinal faithful their expected silverware.

Incorrect, at St Bedes, wander down there and you will see him running around right at this moment.

He has left Central Park. Has good mates at St Bedes and would have definitely played there if not for their Prelim defeat. Wish is to play A Grade. Unsure where destination but De La would make sense as closest by location. Can play! Would be a great get where ever he lands.

Last edited:
What are SKOBS bottom 6 players like?
Always seen the same names in the best.
There is no bottom 6, every player in the SKOB flag this year had either played AFL, VFL or VAFA rep footy.
They also had several ex VFL and TAC players in the ressies. That's why they were the first undefeated champions in 60 years. But that was this year. Next year it's a different ball game, should be a interesting.....

Last edited:
Have to agree with Briza. Skobs list ran deep and now runs much deeper.
It's nothing like the OH list of debacles long ago. It's very much in sconed with some nice outside cream to jam it up.

Incorrect, at St Bedes, wander down there and you will see him running around right at this moment.

Brian seems very bullish about young Cowan joining St Bedes however I would not be so sure. My mail is he that he has all but made up his mind about where he will play 2016 and it does not involve a B grade club.

The same source suggested the Aaron Edwards to OX is a furphy and he never had any intention of leaving Pines.

Risky to declare anything as a cert in November so I guess time will tell.

So with the announcments and rumour going on at the moment it appears as though there are 3 certainties for the four in Xavs, DLS and STK. I would assume given minimal list changes that St Bernards would round out the four. Canada's right. As it stands there will be a divide between top and bottom next season, in contrast to this year.

So with the announcments and rumour going on at the moment it appears as though there are 3 certainties for the four in Xavs, DLS and STK. I would assume given minimal list changes that St Bernards would round out the four. Canada's right. As it stands there will be a divide between top and bottom next season, in contrast to this year.

De La is far from a finals certainty. Very good in the back half of last season but they did enjoy a good run with injury. A club great has retired and they lose a few to travel. 3 good players appear to have committed but would suggest they need a few more.

Xavs and SKOBs loaded with talent and they look locks for finals and I can’t see St Bernard’s or Trinity relinquishing their spots easily.

Have to agree with Briza. Skobs list ran deep and now runs much deeper.
It's nothing like the OH list of debacles long ago. It's very much in sconed with some nice outside cream to jam it up.

From memory, none of the the SKOB Ressie players that lost the Prelim Final to St Bedes played more than 5 Senior Games in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back