A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian seems very bullish about young Cowan joining St Bedes however I would not be so sure. My mail is he that he has all but made up his mind about where he will play 2016 and it does not involve a B grade club.

The same source suggested the Aaron Edwards to OX is a furphy and he never had any intention of leaving Pines.

Risky to declare anything as a cert in November so I guess time will tell.

Re: young Cowan, I think he trained there on Tuesday Jimmy??

De La is far from a finals certainty. Very good in the back half of last season but they did enjoy a good run with injury. A club great has retired and they lose a few to travel. 3 good players appear to have committed but would suggest they need a few more.

Xavs and SKOBs loaded with talent and they look locks for finals and I can’t see St Bernard’s or Trinity relinquishing their spots easily.

I appreciate the efforts to talk your team down Rooster, but we also had DLS penciled in for finals before last season started and although it was a roller-coaster ride, you ended up getting there. I don't see expectations for this year being any different.

Trinity's outs are going to cause some problems if they don't top up their talent. I can definitely see them losing ground.

I appreciate the efforts to talk your team down Rooster, but we also had DLS penciled in for finals before last season started and although it was a roller-coaster ride, you ended up getting there. I don't see expectations for this year being any different.

Trinity's outs are going to cause some problems if they don't top up their talent. I can definitely see them losing ground.

So far some good additions but not as many as others. Would be more comfortable without the departures but expect to be in the mix between 3 – 6.

Remember only won 9 ½ games last year so hardly a dominant team. Hoping to see some September action but a few ahead of us I would suggest.

Re 'The Russian'. Quote from the Hun:

I almost choked on my Vegemite and avocado toast when I read that. Having scrolled through the blog at lunch today you blokes we already all over it. Well done bigfooty!!! Trying not to get too excited but genuinely think he would be the best ruck-man going around Premier next year. I mean he could have easily been playing AFL next year. Its not like he would shrink.

Anyway great get for a club that seems to be ticking off nicely. Hats off to the board.

Certainly will help a club that has no one on the playing list with much Premier experience. Off the top of my head I would suggest Plugger is the only one who would have played.

Just announced Harford moving to afternoons on SEN, from next year. probably a blessing for SKOB.
Shik by you Ticker. The bloke coached SKOB to a 20 - 0 season as well as previously coaching Balwyn to a premiership. What's your coaching resume look like Shik?
Here's a tip stick to being an anonymous keyboard Captain Courage.

Moving to 3pm to 7pm with Mark Allen

Coaching rumours. Start Now!!

With co-coaches it's not really big news. From what I hear Jon Edgar did most of the heavy lifting at training anyway. He will there on match day and I’m sure he will have a say in team selection.

With co-coaches it's not really big news. From what I hear Jon Edgar did most of the heavy lifting at training anyway. He will there on match day and I’m sure he will have a say in team selection.

If the players don't have a problem with one of the co-coaches not attending training, it's seems fine to me.

If the players don't have a problem with one of the co-coaches not attending training, it's seems fine to me.
Hmm! Seems a grossly unbalanced contribution for mine. Really can't see how it's feasible to make a fully informed contribution at match committee if you are completely oblivious to what's happening on the training track during the week - attitude, effort, skill level et al

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm! Seems a grossly unbalanced contribution for mine. Really can't see how it's feasible to make a fully informed contribution at match committee if you are completely oblivious to what's happening on the training track during the week - attitude, effort, skill level et al

Agree, but he has knowledge of players plus Saturday's to be able to contribute. Certainly JE will take a leading role along with assistants.
Big group effort. Not ideal but may be ok.

Can't see it. Maybe a Director of Coaching role where you don't have to be so hands-on

Harf will not be coaching. So it's a watch this space on who will.
Perhaps similar to when Lethal modestly said the Brisbane three peat team could have coached themselves...
But seriously I'm sure there are plenty putting up there hand.
Perhaps I will. Would look nice on my resume back home with my ice hockey and lacrosse friends.

I would suspect Harford would defer to Edgar on all of those issues/decisions. Remember Edgar has been a senior coach for several years and a VFL assistant. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Edgar runs the show and Harford "adds value" on match days rather than the reverse.

Harf will not be coaching. So it's a watch this space on who will.
Perhaps similar to when Lethal modestly said the Brisbane three peat team could have coached themselves...
But seriously I'm sure there are plenty putting up there hand.
Perhaps I will. Would look nice on my resume back home with my ice hockey and lacrosse friends.

FWIW why the change of heart in 30mins?

I would suspect Harford would defer to Edgar on all of those issues/decisions. Remember Edgar has been a senior coach for several years and a VFL assistant. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Edgar runs the show and Harford "adds value" on match days rather than the reverse.

Maybe he could be coach emeritus?:)

I'm aware of Edgar's coaching credentials, Scribe. His fire too!

All I was saying in response to you is I don't see how co-coaching arrangement can work. Director of Coaching possibly. Some sort consultancy arrangement maybe. With the wealth SKOB has via its supporters and the Trust they could probably pay him $100k to consult.:rolleyes:

At the end of the day the man himself might believe that if he can't commit wholeheartedly he'll move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing Richmond VFL, unlikely to play many games at OX.

Xavs are reporting that Tyson Thomas is joining the club with no mention of VFL commitments. is he definately playing at Richmond?

On top of Goss, Noonan, Bruno and a few others they also have Nick Wynne back full time from Richmond. He is in the best handful of players in the comp. Xavs locks for top 2 and to me they look stronger now than they did in 2013 when they were near on unbeatable. Mind you the quality of opposition looks to be better this year.

Interesting that Corp is departing the Lions. On his day he was a devastating but when not “on” was almost a liability. Against my mob last year he absolutely killed us the first time around but did not touch it the return match.

Xavs are reporting that Tyson Thomas is joining the club with no mention of VFL commitments. is he definately playing at Richmond?

On top of Goss, Noonan, Bruno and a few others they also have Nick Wynne back full time from Richmond. He is in the best handful of players in the comp. Xavs locks for top 2 and to me they look stronger now than they did in 2013 when they were near on unbeatable. Mind you the quality of opposition looks to be better this year.

Interesting that Corp is departing the Lions. On his day he was a devastating but when not “on” was almost a liability. Against my mob last year he absolutely killed us the first time around but did not touch it the return match.
Xavs PR machine going all out, one has to ask why though? I don't see any other clubs telling the world who they've recruited, and some of those blokes I know who have been recruited will be dominant players.
As far as Thomas goes, yes, he has signed on at Richmond, I'd expect he will play 95% of their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back