A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavs PR machine going all out, one has to ask why though? I don't see any other clubs telling the world who they've recruited, and some of those blokes I know who have been recruited will be dominant players.
As far as Thomas goes, yes, he has signed on at Richmond, I'd expect he will play 95% of their games.

Each to there own but I think Xavs are to be commended for providing their supporters with up to date news. No matter what we might think about them they have always been one of the best at this type of thing and can always be relied upon to promptly put up a decent match report and other news.

No need to report every rumor or possible signing but once these blokes have committed I think it can be a good thing and creates a positive vibe around the club.

After De La had the cleaners put through them before the 2014 season it was fantastic to get a steady stream of positive news throughout the next pre-season about returning players and recruits. Same communications have been received this year about the other returning players and I am always grateful for some good news.

Xavs are peerless when it comes to communication. You would think bogfooty fans would be the last to criticise. More more and more for us VAFA die hearts. It creates interest and discussion.
Bring it on.

At the risk of upsetting Brian De La have announced on social media that Jake Williams is back at the club next year. He won a club B&F and Woodrow medal while still a teenager and has had 2 very good seasons in the VFL. 4 very good confirmed additions for next year, which should more than adequately cover the departures alluded to by R24.

They might give the other Catholic clubs a decent run for their money

Really good to see a couple of Brothers from a VAFA side looking to complete a preseason/join the Coburg VFL side

Any chance you could narrow the field as this could be could be one of many sets of brothers in the top grades.

At De La the Williams brother have been there and done that. The Humphrey boys are capable of playing VFL but can’t see them departing. The Hunts from Trinity or the Richards from SBMT maybe? The list goes on.......

I’m tipping you are referring to the two youngest Caven boys from the Snowdogs. Am I right?

That is correct. Reports are German is sure Hartley will get drafted and after watching footage and the VAFA grand final saidabout Simon "he is the fullback next year, get him." Michael is looking to secure a spot through pre season and I'd be inclined to think he is a pretty good showing

That is correct. Reports are German is sure Hartley will get drafted and after watching footage and the VAFA grand final saidabout Simon "he is the fullback next year, get him." Michael is looking to secure a spot through pre season and I'd be inclined to think he is a pretty good showing

Reasonable guess on my part then!

Good luck to them. Both very promising players. My guess is Simon would be 24 or thereabouts now so hardly a pup anymore. Hope the Lions give him a decent crack, as I hate to see good young VAFA talent wallowing in the VFL development league.

Any news of other VAFA lads trying their luck in the VFL. Steinhart from Trinity going to Richmond I beleive?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xavs PR machine going all out, one has to ask why though? I don't see any other clubs telling the world who they've recruited, and some of those blokes I know who have been recruited will be dominant players.
As far as Thomas goes, yes, he has signed on at Richmond, I'd expect he will play 95% of their games.

Incorrect! Spoke to Richmond about playing regular games of which they couldn't guarantee. Red and Black for the son of Grant along with his mate Bruno.

Jimmy Magnar to join his mate Jamar at TH King.

Last edited:
Can we count up the former AFL players (to be confirmed) lining up for SKOB in 2016?

Gilham
Jamar
Magner
Salopek
Gysberts

Who am I missing? Already this is a list to be weary of.

Last edited:
SKOB $1.90
Xavs $2.90
Bernies $8.00
DLS $15.00
Trinity $18.00
Blues $25.00
Blacks $25.00
Wesley $150.00
Carey $150.00
Melbourne $200.00

How many points is that?
Rough guess

Gilham - 5
Jamar - 6
Magner- 5
Salopek - 2
Gysberts - 5

23 points for 5 players.

27 points then split amongst 17 remaining players which allows an average of 1.6 per player which would probably leave them mid to high fourties.

Carey $150.0
Rough guess

Gilham - 5
Jamar - 6
Magner- 5
Salopek - 2
Gysberts - 5

23 points for 5 players.

27 points then split amongst 17 remaining players which allows an average of 1.6 per player which would probably leave them mid to high fourties.

A few whispers floating through (only whispers but hey, who am I to refuse speculation!)

Add Rohan Bail to the SKOB list...

Bernies in trouble - Jones, Boyse, Merrington and Gleeson gone from their fwd line.

Pollard from Frankston to possibly return to De La.

Rough guess

Gilham - 5
Jamar - 6
Magner- 5
Salopek - 2
Gysberts - 5

23 points for 5 players.

Any news on any other clubs? BTW those points guesses have been overstated.

Any news on any other clubs? BTW those points guesses have been overstated.
How so BS? Happy to learn, but rationale is:
Gilham is one year out of AFL, 5 points
Jamar is category 6, 6 points
Magnet, tier 1 state league, cat 5, 5 pts
Salopek (was a guess) 2 years out of state league, cat 2, 2 pts
Gysberts, as per Gilham, 5 points.

How so BS? Happy to learn, but rationale is:
Gilham is one year out of AFL, 5 points
Jamar is category 6, 6 points
Magnet, tier 1 state league, cat 5, 5 pts
Salopek (was a guess) 2 years out of state league, cat 2, 2 pts
Gysberts, as per Gilham, 5 points.
Pretty close, Salopek has played three years with Skev's so is a home player and one point whilst Gys last AFL game played was in 2012 and played with Skev's last year, so only 2 points (he may be a 3 pointer but not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back