Premier A 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the dairy belle today. Hats off to DLS. Proud club. Desperate to stay up. Great comeback. Thought Xavs were goin to win by 100 points early on, such was there dominance.
Trinity and Collegians losing good results for Xavs.

At the dairy belle today. Hats off to DLS. Proud club. Desperate to stay up. Great comeback. Thought Xavs were goin to win by 100 points early on, such was there dominance.
Trinity and Collegians losing good results for Xavs.
Agree. Xavs were all over DeLa in the first half. Particularly the first quarter. Can't readily recall the ball getting into the DeLa forward 50 in that quarter. Fine fightback by the Dairy Bell crew. Think they've found a coach too.

The miracle at Toorak Park continues, can the Xavvers go all of the way? I think they are a real chance.
Brian Speaking.....come on.....they are still 6th...and I know OT are struggling, but OT away in 2 weeks, Xavs will have to be at their best..I too think they will finish 4th, BUT, both Bernards and Blacks now have 3 weeks to prepare their squads for a 2nd semi and Scotch will be a formidable opponent for Xavs if, as I expect, they play each other in the 1st semi.....I still think the Premier comes from Blacks or Bernards......

Can't see Trinity beating anyone on the way home. Dela away tough, blacks very tough, Xavs very tough.
It will be a Scotch v Xavs first semi.
Can Xavs beat Scotch, Bernies and Blacks? Well they have done this in the last month, so answer obviously yes.

Have a listen to you blokes sooking about a trip down to the mean streets of Beaumaris, where the most likely injury you will receive would be a spilt latte or doing a hammy braking after being cut off by a 4WD. Back in the day when the Sharks were playing SFL, we played teams like Collingwood Districts and St Kilda City, where recruiting from Pentridge was a given. Playing out at Collingwood Districts against blokes who had down serious time with toothless supporters throwing stubbies at you; that was hard core. In our 20 years in the Ammos, beating Trinity today means there are very few teams who haven't heard the Sharks boys sing their song after a hard fought win. Toughen up Lads!

Can't see Trinity beating anyone on the way home. Dela away tough, blacks very tough, Xavs very tough.
It will be a Scotch v Xavs first semi.
Can Xavs beat Scotch, Bernies and Blacks? Well they have done this in the last month, so answer obviously yes.
Will be fascinating.....as I posted a day or so ago.....the wrinkle for all sides fighting for 4th spot will be those games against sides desperate to avoid the drop.....you just never know

Have a listen to you blokes sooking about a trip down to the mean streets of Beaumaris, where the most likely injury you will receive would be a spilt latte or doing a hammy braking after being cut off by a 4WD. Back in the day when the Sharks were playing SFL, we played teams like Collingwood Districts and St Kilda City, where recruiting from Pentridge was a given. Playing out at Collingwood Districts against blokes who had down serious time with toothless supporters throwing stubbies at you; that was hard core. In our 20 years in the Ammos, beating Trinity today means there are very few teams who haven't heard the Sharks boys sing their song after a hard fought win. Toughen up Lads!

dear diary...

Congrats on getting through the pentridge experience. Doesn't deflect from the fact your crowd is the most bogan we have seen. Filthy language. Hardly the latte sipping scene. More cappachino and bundy.

Do clubs ever prefer to be relegated? Rebuild, get the winning culture back....

Or is struggling in Premier, better than success in B Grade?

PBoy, Remember, "Assumption is the Mother of all F***ups".

You have made two assumptions : 1/ That going to B Grade will allow you to rebuild
: 2/ And once in B Grade you will retain the winning culture back again with your successes.

Good luck with.......................

PBoy, Remember, "Assumption is the Mother of all F***ups".

You have made two assumptions : 1/ That going to B Grade will allow you to rebuild
: 2/ And once in B Grade you will retain the winning culture back again with your successes.

Good luck with.......................

While the possibility of relegation looms large, from our point of view (De La) we would much prefer to be remaining in ‘A’ grade. I suspect St Bedes and Brighton would feel the same way.

Without even contemplating any new recruits, based on players returning from travel and injury alone we expect to be substantially stronger in 2015. It is easier to attract quality players in a higher grade and if the lure of not competing at the highest level is gone then we would also expect to lose a few to playing comps (having already been raped and pillaged this year!)

Like Uni Blues last season, all of the 3 sides in the relegation zone this season have pretty reasonable lists and with a few additions could all be solid ‘A’ grade teams. Having said that circumstances vary from club to club. In 2012 Caulfield did not win a game, last year Carey won just 1. The option of dropping back might sometimes be more attractive in these cases.

While the possibility of relegation looms large, from our point of view (De La) we would much prefer to be remaining in ‘A’ grade. I suspect St Bedes and Brighton would feel the same way.

Without even contemplating any new recruits, based on players returning from travel and injury alone we expect to be substantially stronger in 2015. It is easier to attract quality players in a higher grade and if the lure of not competing at the highest level is gone then we would also expect to lose a few to playing comps (having already been raped and pillaged this year!)

Like Uni Blues last season, all of the 3 sides in the relegation zone this season have pretty reasonable lists and with a few additions could all be solid ‘A’ grade teams. Having said that circumstances vary from club to club. In 2012 Caulfield did not win a game, last year Carey won just 1. The option of dropping back might sometimes be more attractive in these cases.

Carey has probably exceeded expectations on the rebuild in my opinion (internally would disagree). I speaking with one of their all time stalwarts last year out at the snake pit, he advised that their school was unable to field a year 10 football side in 2013 which you wouldnt think would bode well for the future. Not to mention that they had 4-5 drafted at the end of 2012 including Viney and Ploughman and co.

So good on them for potentially rebuilding and giving them a chance to bounce back to the top tier.

4th spot is basically in Collegians hands. They win their final 3 and they make it. Even if Xavs win their final 3. Trinity could be 6th by the saturday night if results go as expected. And Scotch not out of the woods yet either with StBernards and Collegians on the way home.

Intriguing end to the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey has probably exceeded expectations on the rebuild in my opinion (internally would disagree). I speaking with one of their all time stalwarts last year out at the snake pit, he advised that their school was unable to field a year 10 football side in 2013 which you wouldnt think would bode well for the future. Not to mention that they had 4-5 drafted at the end of 2012 including Viney and Ploughman and co.

So good on them for potentially rebuilding and giving them a chance to bounce back to the top tier.

4th spot is basically in Collegians hands. They win their final 3 and they make it. Even if Xavs win their final 3. Trinity could be 6th by the saturday night if results go as expected. And Scotch not out of the woods yet either with StBernards and Collegians on the way home.

Intriguing end to the year.

River M. Spot on..........Colleg V Scotch friday night at the Trott UNDER LIGHTS for the last round game . Will be an absolute belter!!!!!

No wonder the AFL attendences are dropping when we get footy scenarios as the one just mentioned.

Who do we think is favorite for the league b&f?

Tyson Kruse Uni Blacks. Has missed a few games recently but ticks every box. Midfielder who wins his own ball and uses it well, complimented by a long raking left boot. Only down side is that he plays in such a strong team and others might grab votes from him. Sullivan StB’s and Bull OS also legitimate chances. If defenders got votes Tom Humphrey from De La and Simon Caven StB's would be right in the mix but if you are not an on-baller forget it.

River M. Spot on..........Colleg V Scotch friday night at the Trott UNDER LIGHTS for the last round game . Will be an absolute belter!!!!!

No wonder the AFL attendences are dropping when we get footy scenarios as the one just mentioned.
I would expect Scotch to really set themselves for this week against Bernards. Win that at home, which they are capable of, and they probably then only need to win 1 of last 2 to play finals given their strong %.

I would expect Scotch to really set themselves for this week against Bernards. Win that at home, which they are capable of, and they probably then only need to win 1 of last 2 to play finals given their strong %.

Agree. Scotch would be desperate to avoid Xavs in finals. They know they can't beat them. They walk onto the ground on the big stage against Xavs and they know what's going to happen.
So perhaps resting a few against Collegians in rd 18 might do the trick....

Agree. Scotch would be desperate to avoid Xavs in finals. They know they can't beat them. They walk onto the ground on the big stage against Xavs and they know what's going to happen.

Canada, I cant see OS resting players against Coll just at the moment, OS a good chance to lose to Bernies this week. Coll a good chsnce to beat Beauy at Trott, therefore points equal. Rmd 17 : OS V Beauy, Coll V Bedes. Say they both win. That leaves the last round, could well be for fourth spot. The winner of Coll and OS?????

Canada, I cant see OS resting players against Coll just at the moment, OS a good chance to lose to Bernies this week. Coll a good chsnce to beat Beauy at Trott, therefore points equal. Rmd 17 : OS V Beauy, Coll V Bedes. Say they both win. That leaves the last round, could well be for fourth spot. The winner of Coll and OS?????

If the beat Bernies though, they would have to consider it. They don't have that inner something to get over Xavs.

You never flirt with your form. Resting players to throw a result and avoid a bogey team? Weak of mind, and so unlikely to be farcical.

Won't happen.

You never flirt with your form. Resting players to throw a result and avoid a bogey team? Weak of mind, and so unlikely to be farcical.

Won't happen.

Fully concur Hedgefund.........OS hardly in the same position wise on respective ladders as UB are. You cant start fearing who
you MAY play in the Finals before you GET there. And if you do? You have taken your "eyes" off the ball.....Fraught with danger...
Just worry about winning next week with the players who have got you there..................

Fully concur Hedgefund.........OS hardly in the same position wise on respective ladders as UB are. You cant start fearing who
you MAY play in the Finals before you GET there. And if you do? You have taken your "eyes" off the ball.....Fraught with danger...
Just worry about winning next week with the players who have got you there..................

Correct. FWIW OS will knock of Bernies this week, with UB and Bernies locking in double chance they can afford to "rest" players. Cracking set of games left, expecting a bit of bite out of StB, De La and OB to avoid relegation. No games set in stone yet!

Correct. FWIW OS will knock of Bernies this week, with UB and Bernies locking in double chance they can afford to "rest" players. Cracking set of games left, expecting a bit of bite out of StB, De La and OB to avoid relegation. No games set in stone yet!
I agree. I just think this week is MASSIVE for Scotch and they are a huge chance against Bernards.

Interesting that Caven and Merrington did not play for Bernards last weekend. Clearly focused on player management. Like OBs lately with Kruse and Hogan. And both sides still winning well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back