Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe two of Balwyins biggest sponsors are one of the "Mens Clubs" in King St and Sophias Pizza in Camberwell.
Big $$$' s Im led to believe. Good luck to Balwyin..............

Not proper Clubs in the true sense of the word. More like Refuggee camps, with people coming and going..no fabric whatsoever.

Balwyn's main money man is President Richard Wilson. Former Melbourne Victory CEO. New spsonsor for Balwyn this year is Fraser Brown. Threw in a lazy $50,000.Agreed to a 3 years of the same. He lives opposite Wilson in Monomeath Ave. Poor part of the world. On a another note Diary Bell has to be renamed Mannix Reserve.

Fraser Brown is worth a squillion. Land Fill. Looks can be deceptive with him. Thought he was a bit of a nuffer at Carlton. Multi Multi Millions.

Balwyn's main money man is President Richard Wilson. Former Melbourne Victory CEO. New spsonsor for Balwyn this year is Fraser Brown. Threw in a lazy $50,000.Agreed to a 3 years of the same. He lives opposite Wilson in Monomeath Ave. Poor part of the world. On a another note Diary Bell has to be renamed Mannix Reserve.
That you Ben? :)

$50,000 would cover about one player at Balwyn.

Credit to them becoming so strong. Many in the SFL thought they'd be back in a year or two.

Has trouble staying on the park due to injuries.....Maybe A Grade pace will suit him better................

Anyone good enough to get on an AFL list, even if they managed just a handful of games, deserves the greatest respect. Has had a shocking run with injuries which suggests he may not dominate the VAFA as you might expect.

Based on the above posts it seems that Balwyn's raping of other compettions is not likely to end anytime soon. Would be nice to see them invest some of these $ in a junior pathway but so be it.

And just for you UW Diary Bell is to be re-named Ben Corin Reseve. I know you are a big fan.

Anyone good enough to get on an AFL list, even if they managed just a handful of games, deserves the greatest respect. Has had a shocking run with injuries which suggests he may not dominate the VAFA as you might expect.

Based on the above posts it seems that Balwyn's raping of other compettions is not likely to end anytime soon. Would be nice to see them invest some of these $ in a junior pathway but so be it.

And just for you UW Diary Bell is to be re-named Ben Corin Reseve. I know you are a big fan.

I need to wash my mouth out. Of course it needs to Corin oval. I beg my pardon.
To balwyns credit they have got u/19s up in the last two years. Which in the area is no mean feat considering the old boy schools around.
Rumour has it Eddy may be returning from the sanfl to Corin oval. If so, blue and gold look pretty dangerous.

I need to wash my mouth out. Of course it needs to Corin oval. I beg my pardon.
To balwyns credit they have got u/19s up in the last two years. Which in the area is no mean feat considering the old boy schools around.
Rumour has it Eddy may be returning from the sanfl to Corin oval. If so, blue and gold look pretty dangerous.

Eddy staying in SA for another year I believe. South Adelaide has their best season for many years in 2014 and the word is they think they can go one better in 2015, so a big effort towards player retention.

The De La connection (Brad Gotch) got him there but is a big chance to be back at the BCO in 2016. Led the SANFL goal kicking and played state footy. Went very very close to rookie contract as well. Despite the many new and returning players De La probably still lack a key forward so Eddy would have been very handy.

Word is your favourite player might step out for the Superules in 2015. A state guernesy a mere formality!

ek51jr.jpg

Job done.;)

Who'd be that silly going to that comp
I think "that" comp may have just negotiated a deal with another 3 of your players..you will see there names once transfers open..How have your numbers been at training ? I heard they have been excellent with a couple of past stars returning??

Eddy staying in SA for another year I believe. South Adelaide has their best season for many years in 2014 and the word is they think they can go one better in 2015, so a big effort towards player retention.

The De La connection (Brad Gotch) got him there but is a big chance to be back at the BCO in 2016. Led the SANFL goal kicking and played state footy. Went very very close to rookie contract as well. Despite the many new and returning players De La probably still lack a key forward so Eddy would have been very handy.

Word is your favourite player might step out for the Superules in 2015. A state guernesy a mere formality!
I hear that's not all for your vets team rooster - duggan and possibly a mannix or two? Handy ins for a premiership side. Could be a big year all round at corin oval!

Still a long way out but I'm going to pick a De La v Uni Blues GF, with the Blues taking it!

Blues have Young and Nicholson returning. Add in Flanagan, possibly Sewell and maybe Gleeson and you're looking at a pretty handy side.

Blacks were about the mark in 2013 when they came up (after a very similar year to what the Blues just had), losing in a prelim and I think the Blues have a better side than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a long way out but I'm going to pick a De La v Uni Blues GF, with the Blues taking it!

Blues have Young and Nicholson returning. Add in Flanagan, possibly Sewell and maybe Gleeson and you're looking at a pretty handy side.

Blacks were about the mark in 2013 when they came up (after a very similar year to what the Blues just had), losing in a prelim and I think the Blues have a better side than that.

That’s a massive call on De La. Will be better than last year and while depth is much improved they probably still lack to he absolute top end talent of Blacks, Collegians and St Bernards. I’m tipping that they will be battling it out with a few other clubs for 4 spot.

That’s a massive call on De La. Will be better than last year and while depth is much improved they probably still lack to he absolute top end talent of Blacks, Collegians and St Bernards. I’m tipping that they will be battling it out with a few other clubs for 4 spot.
nk no
Think you'll find the murphys pretty handy. I'd suggest the junior brother being the better at this point in time and will be one of the best players in the comp. Regular for box hill in a grand final and premiership side. Not bad with hawthorn as the feeder. Still only 24.

nk no
Think you'll find the murphys pretty handy. I'd suggest the junior brother being the better at this point in time and will be one of the best players in the comp. Regular for box hill in a grand final and premiership side. Not bad with hawthorn as the feeder. Still only 24.

Agree UW. Young Murphy a star and took the pi$$ in the one VAFA game he played last year. Plenty of talent amongst others coming back but they have a lot of ground to make up. Only beat 2 clubs home last year and their best player by a mile in 2014 is likely to play a fair bit of VFL. Reckon they would be eyeing off finals spot but making a GF might be stretch right at the moment.

Gleeson? Coaches bro?

Nothing. If Professional leagues are able to raise big coin and pay big dollars, good luck to both the club and the player.
The Ammos still has a great comp and a massive place in local Vic footy.
2015 will be big. 2 Uni team, 7 strong schools, Beauy. Should be very even.
I don't think this comment could be any more incorrect. The cash will not run out at local footy level for the top 3 or 4 teams in each comp. And as long as that is the case, then VAFA will see MORE than 4 State players (Goss, Roach, Waller, Anbrose) leak to suburban clubs each year. And that will undermine VAFA footy. To wish those clubs well purely on the basis of the strength of their benefactors, pokies (Noble Park) or pubs/clubs/bar $$ is a ridiculous position for any VAFA supporter to take. The largest metro comp in this State is being marginalised, placed at a competitive disadvantage and VAFA HQ MUST get AFL Vic to act now.

I don't think this comment could be any more incorrect. The cash will not run out at local footy level for the top 3 or 4 teams in each comp. And as long as that is the case, then VAFA will see MORE than 4 State players (Goss, Roach, Waller, Anbrose) leak to suburban clubs each year. And that will undermine VAFA footy. To wish those clubs well purely on the basis of the strength of their benefactors, pokies (Noble Park) or pubs/clubs/bar $$ is a ridiculous position for any VAFA supporter to take. The largest metro comp in this State is being marginalised, placed at a competitive disadvantage and VAFA HQ MUST get AFL Vic to act now.
Just venting on this issue....suburban footy is being butchered by unimaginative clubs simply using $$ to buy talent. That does not develop community football. That does not create a sense of shared community values and it does not see that money flow through a local clubs community.

What action would you suggest?

You make some good points but not sure what action VAFA HQ can take. While it does cause VAFA clubs a few problems it probably has a greater impact on clubs within those competitions trying to compete against those that have a huge financial advantage. I suggest that while many might protest about the injustice of it all, they probably also wish they had their own wealthy benefactor. While this does not do much for the fabric of community football I’m not entirely sure what the answer is. Salary cap might be an option but like any regulatory system it can create some underhanded activity. Points system probably a better solution.

Ammos has never been better. Sure we lose 4 rep players, but they will be replaced from a pool of another 30 Ammos guns.
We are the greatest!

What action would you suggest?
That is easy. AFL Vic is currently undertaking a review of all metro comps to address the $$ hyper inflation that is causing issues with competitiveness of their comps. VAFA need to engage with AFL Vic on this and be APART of this review. If points are allocated to recruits, then ranking gun VAFA players will need VAFA input. That would be a start. Excluding VAFA from this review would not be a good outcome.

Ammos has never been better. Sure we lose 4 rep players, but they will be replaced from a pool of another 30 Ammos guns.
We are the greatest!
I am not sure I agree with that. VAFA comp is great. It is even. It is high quality. BUT - the $$ around is getting ridiculous and VAFA execs MUST be engaged with AFL Vic on this in a proactive way - else iur comp will be impacted.

You make some good points but not sure what action VAFA HQ can take. While it does cause VAFA clubs a few problems it probably has a greater impact on clubs within those competitions trying to compete against those that have a huge financial advantage. I suggest that while many might protest about the injustice of it all, they probably also wish they had their own wealthy benefactor. While this does not do much for the fabric of community football I’m not entirely sure what the answer is. Salary cap might be an option but like any regulatory system it can create some underhanded activity. Points system probably a better solution.
Points system will be introduced. VAFA needs to be part of the development of this system IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back