Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Two good young colts...should add plenty to OS. Be very interesting to see how they go, Have youth on their side with sound bodies. Will it be enough?
They are a great age to recruit ex-AFL players though I would contend that Michael Evans has anything but a sound body. If he did he would still be playing at Melbourne

They are a great age to recruit ex-AFL players though I would contend that Michael Evans has anything but a sound body. If he did he would still be playing at Melbourne

They would probably be about the only two ex AFL players who havent gone to a Money Paying League..............Must both be indepedently
wealthy........

They would probably be about the only two ex AFL players who havent gone to a Money Paying League..............Must both be indepedently
wealthy........

Correct. Both do all right. One is an ex Scotch Collegian whose mates are at Scotch. The other is his mate.
Good get by the finger biscuits. Ammos is the king of mates footy. 'Play with your bro don't go for the doh!'

anyone heard about a bloke named Cooper playing magoos at blacks? former state NSW player. CHB prospect. Big wraps on his off-season.

wealthy........
Evans was contracted to Melbourne for 2015..would've received a handsome payout

If that's the case, I'd be very interested to see what the VAFA's take on it is.

While it might have something to do with why the player is not bothering to chase $ in other leagues, if he is not receiving a benefit from, or as a result of playing for Scotch I dont think it would have relevance to the VAFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While it might have something to do with why the player is not bothering to chase $ in other leagues, if he is not receiving a benefit from, or as a result of playing for Scotch I dont think it would have relevance to the VAFA.
If the payment covers the 2015 season, would that come into it?

If the payment covers the 2015 season, would that come into it?

Don’t profess to be an expert on this but as I understand it unless the payment was by Scotch, or by MFC on the basis that he plays for Scotch, I don’t think it has any bearing on his amateur status.

I just had another look at the post – we might be getting ahead of ourselves here as it only posed the question would receive a payout, not that he did.

Don’t profess to be an expert on this but as I understand it unless the payment was by Scotch, or by MFC on the basis that he plays for Scotch, I don’t think it has any bearing on his amateur status.

I just had another look at the post – we might be getting ahead of ourselves here as it only posed the question would receive a payout, not that he did.

I think it is pretty safe to say that he is getting money from somewhere.......................

Melbourne paid out the rest of his contract, and then he came to the VAFA to play with a good mate. Am i missing something?

Caught Uni Blues training on Monday night. Big numbers and appear to have recruited very well from Barwon League. Some very handy sorts (see the transfer list).

Also a few likely types from up North (QLD). See the transfer list again.

Caught Uni Blues training on Monday night. Big numbers and appear to have recruited very well from Barwon League. Some very handy sorts (see the transfer list).

Also a few likely types from up North (QLD). See the transfer list again.

'Likely types' and 'handy sorts'. A riveting insight! Big numbers at Uni Blues (and a lot of recruiting from country leagues and interstate) is nothing short of the norm.

The biggest news for them so far is Jack Watts leaving which is just a massive hole to fill, and the ins of Nick Rippon, George Cameron and Piers Flanagan. Anyone care to comment on anyone else of note that hasn't been made public yet?

'Likely types' and 'handy sorts'. A riveting insight! Big numbers at Uni Blues (and a lot of recruiting from country leagues and interstate) is nothing short of the norm.

The biggest news for them so far is Jack Watts leaving which is just a massive hole to fill, and the ins of Nick Rippon, George Cameron and Piers Flanagan. Anyone care to comment on anyone else of note that hasn't been made public yet?

Ross Young returning to Blues is a massive in for them. Think they will be amongst a group of clubs on the cusp of playing finals. Most of the big name ins and outs have already been touted on here. I do notice on the clearance page that Sam Cust transferred to Old Carey from Collegians but would assume that OC would be his local club when not on VFL duties. Anyone from Carey able to confirm?

Ross Young returning to Blues is a massive in for them. Think they will be amongst a group of clubs on the cusp of playing finals. Most of the big name ins and outs have already been touted on here. I do notice on the clearance page that Sam Cust transferred to Old Carey from Collegians but would assume that OC would be his local club when not on VFL duties. Anyone from Carey able to confirm?

Quite right. I completely forgot about Ross Young returning. My concern with the Blues is that they had Summers, Watts and Young on the ball in 2013 and still did the drop. It's the lower half of their best 22 where they need to add some depth (only going on what I saw two years ago, as i didn't follow them at all last year while they were in B).

Sam Cust played a total of 1 game in two years while at Collegians (initially coming to Collegians from Old Carey), so i can't imagine he'll play that many at Old Carey either. He's playing great footy at Box Hill.

Quite right. I completely forgot about Ross Young returning. My concern with the Blues is that they had Summers, Watts and Young on the ball in 2013 and still did the drop. It's the lower half of their best 22 where they need to add some depth (only going on what I saw two years ago, as i didn't follow them at all last year while they were in B).

Sam Cust played a total of 1 game in two years while at Collegians (initially coming to Collegians from Old Carey), so i can't imagine he'll play that many at Old Carey either. He's playing great footy at Box Hill.

Good points but they were far from the worst side to get relegated. From memory won 7 and went very close is several others. Most seasons they would have comfortably avoided the drop. They seem to have assembled a pretty good list and depth always good for the Uni Clubs.

Sam Cust will play every game at Carey, until he goes overseas mid year for 4 weeks then comes back, has left Box Hill.
Opportunity missed for his old boys side Old Camberwell.

Re Uni Blues, absolute monties to fight for a top 4 position, they recruited well before last year and have kept it up this year.

Word on the street re Blacks is they've lost 9 of their premiership team and recruited only one of quality so far. Pattison staying has certain helped them.

Have also heard St Bernard's gun new forward has been poached by Aberfeldie, perhaps they should have kept him off their website pre Christmas?

Last edited:
Sam Cust will play every game at Carey, until he goes overseas mid year for 4 weeks then comes back, has left Box Hill.
Opportunity missed for his old boys side Old Camberwell.

Re Uni Blues, absolute monties to fight for a top 4 position, they recruited well before last year and have kept it up this year.

Word on the street re Blacks is they've lost 9 of their premiership team and recruited only one of quality so far. Pattison staying has certain helped them.

Have also heard St Bernard's gun new forward has been poached by Aberfeldie, perhaps they should have kept him off their website pre Christmas?
Blacks have lost a couple, Laurie, Slabbert and Blake the keys. It's certainly not 9 though. They get Richardson back and Curnow from the Blues (not Ed).

I was criticised earlier for not naming names wrt the Blues recruits. Refer to the the transfer lists, anyone that knows a little about local footy will recognize the talent coming out of Barwon.

Blacks have lost a couple, Laurie, Slabbert and Blake the keys. It's certainly not 9 though. They get Richardson back and Curnow from the Blues (not Ed).

I was criticised earlier for not naming names wrt the Blues recruits. Refer to the the transfer lists, anyone that knows a little about local footy will recognize the talent coming out of Barwon.

Not all of us do mate, particualrly longtime VAFA watches who (like me) might have limited knowledge of country leagues. As such if you could provide a bit more than 'handy type' it would be appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back