Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Have they made developments with their obnoxious supporters? The most abusive in the VAFA bar none and the most disappointing part is that they carry on with absolute impunity and no one in authority at that club seems interested in pulling them into line.

The point has been made here plenty of times - Bernies players generally decent blokes and the facilities are great but they have a higher proportion of di#k he@d supporters then most. Maybe now they are flying high we might see some improvement
I doubt it. Club has actually done alot of work behind the scenes as I understand it. Sad but true though - we are a rabble game day in terms of supporters. Would like to think that will change.....not sure it will.

Hopefully though visitors will be impressed with the Oval redevelopment. Main oval now has two tiered car parking on Eastern hill for about 200 cars I believe. No steps between tiers nor to oval though which i don't like. Oval wider and longer. Genuine 50m arcs and slightly repositioned goal to goal. Will still be a "cricket wicket" in middle but surface seems excellent. First game this weekend for Anzac Day.

You have my sympathies Bagger, the supporters are generaly "shockers".

Shockers, yes...but clearly some great contributors off the field. 19's are guns and they attract fresh senior talent through job networking, not something they were know for in the past. Great President, and clearly some good people behind the scenes.

Changing tack....who has seen Carey in 1st 2 rounds? Thoughts?
I have seen both games. Panthers very solid over all quarters. Usual suspects performing with the new guys adding to the mix. Still think Blues the one to beat but early days. Blacks obviously missing some and things not working, they got very frustrated before half time as things not going their way. They will improve.
Getting back to Goss and why he went to EFL. A reason he gave to Balwyn why he wanted to play for them was he was sick of playing in front of 50 people. Maybe a bit arragant but he does put on a show and not many witness it. Money no doubt would have come into it but if the crowd factor is his reason good on him.

I have seen both games. Panthers very solid over all quarters. Usual suspects performing with the new guys adding to the mix. Still think Blues the one to beat but early days. Blacks obviously missing some and things not working, they got very frustrated before half time as things not going their way. They will improve.
Getting back to Goss and why he went to EFL. A reason he gave to Balwyn why he wanted to play for them was he was sick of playing in front of 50 people. Maybe a bit arragant but he does put on a show and not many witness it. Money no doubt would have come into it but if the crowd factor is his reason good on him.

C’mon. Surely you don’t believe for one millisecond that the number of the people in the crowd had anything to do with it.

It was about money pure and $imple.

Carey's top 5 - 6 is as good as anyone's.

You will find Gossy left Xav's because the Xavier Mafia didn't hook him up with a new gig he was in line for.

Yep agree re Carey top end.
Rice, Smithwick, MCQueen, Rowe, Crozier, Howat, Cust, Rimmington.
Always players 10-22 plus depth and injuries that they need to worry about.
Of course it was the $ with Goss. Getting 20k to play for Balwyn would be hard to refuse.

The Goss theory on low crowds........what a lot of CRAP!! $$$$$s pure and simple...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW it's worth this sums up the Bernies from today's H-S. Poor form and too many old dheads down there still.

And plenty of young ones too. Worst group of followers in the VAFA by a mile. Now that they are up and about it seems they are now smug as well as being feral. NOBs a great club who were a VAFA power for many years. Extra credit to NOBs for being able to reinvent themselves despite the demise of the school from which they were established.

Full marks to the St Bernards official who posted the apology. Seems they are trying to change the culture down there and not before time.

nicholas-carman1-3434.jpg

Full marks to the St Bernards official who posted the apology. Seems they are trying to change the culture down there and not before time.

FWIW it's worth this sums up the Bernies from today's H-S. Poor form and too many old dheads down there still.

They are just low lifes. Absolutely no class what so ever. Having some success on the ground will probably make them worse, (if thats possible)...............

Fellas....no rooms were trashed by any players at Bernards.....like the clubs you are likely to be involved with, the Bernards 2015 playing group is a group of high quality young men....as for the moron who took the time to post that stupid message in the Herald Sun, the administration and leadership groups at the club will be embarrassed and angry at that. A great win last week for sure, but we are 1:1, and its only 2 rounds in. Goes to my earlier post - we have dickheads at the club. Most now hangers on - can't shake them unfortunately. But the people running the club have done an enormous amount of work improving things on and off field. This type of stupid public commentary in the paper is uncalled for.

Fellas....no rooms were trashed by any players at Bernards.....like the clubs you are likely to be involved with, the Bernards 2015 playing group is a group of high quality young men....as for the moron who took the time to post that stupid message in the Herald Sun, the administration and leadership groups at the club will be embarrassed and angry at that. A great win last week for sure, but we are 1:1, and its only 2 rounds in. Goes to my earlier post - we have dickheads at the club. Most now hangers on - can't shake them unfortunately. But the people running the club have done an enormous amount of work improving things on and off field. This type of stupid public commentary in the paper is uncalled for.

I think you will find that the trashing came some years ago following a semi or grand final loss in the early 2000's. I have worked with their president in the past, he is a ripper guy. I hope they sound out captain anonymous who was behind the article and shame them. Still speak loudly though.

I think you will find that the trashing came some years ago following a semi or grand final loss in the early 2000's. I have worked with their president in the past, he is a ripper guy. I hope they sound out captain anonymous who was behind the article and shame them. Still speak loudly though.

All jokes and barbs aside..............Im sure there are more "better" people on their Committee who are trying to set a better course for the Club than the die hard dick heads who think its funny when everyone bags them for being Bogans etc....and see it as a badge of honour..

FWIW good luck Bagman, I hope it happens, every club has dheads, but unfortunately St.Bernies have a few more than usual that have dragged the club down with their behaviour.

Collegians
Trinity
Bernards
DLS
Blues

InnerFM match of the round between blues and blacks.

Blues by 88 points. Unless it is wet all day, in which case we can bring that back to 46 points.

Collegians
Trinity
Bernards
DLS
Blues

InnerFM match of the round between blues and blacks.

Blues by 88 points. Unless it is wet all day, in which case we can bring that back to 46 points.
Think Old Carey can upset Trinity.
Scotch to easily account for Collegians and go top of table (see later)
Bernards
De La
Blacks in an upset...backs to wall approach

Carey v Trinity- Carey look good, as do Trinity. Carey by 8 points
Scotch v Collegians- Not sure about this one, but going with the undefeated team. Scotch by 10 points
Blacks v Blues- Tough to see Blues losing at the moment.
St Bernards v Beauy- Bernards should win this by 40+
Xavs v De La- Another close game. De La were good last week and big ground will suit them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back