Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

What is going on with the VAFA? They show Watts doing that and put it up as a joke to everyone. Disgraceful act

Talking of disgraceful acts #17 from collegians starting the melee featured by doing what I would classify as one of the most disgraceful and dangerous acts iv seen on a footy field. Wonder what the VAFAs view would of been if the st. Bernard's player sustained a serious neck/head injury. Laying unprotected on the ground with #17 going directly for the head as 3rd player in. Vafa/St.bern kidding themselves if they'd don't take action on this. But instead the vafa choose to trivialise this by putting it in as "whine" of the week.

Would be interested to hear Penskis thoughts on the incident. Doesn't make Collegians Fc look great.

Same thing happened to Coll"s S Taft two weeks prior...10 stitches later. There were extenuating circumstances to the incident you mentioned and no, Im not condoning his actions.... You obviously havent seen to much football

Same thing happened to Coll"s S Taft two weeks prior...10 stitches later. There were extenuating circumstances to the incident you mentioned and no, Im not condoning his actions.... You obviously havent seen to much football

I saw the incident. Not good, but seen much much much worse, but I agree to trivialise the incident was again the Tragic's trying to he hard hitting as Carro's non preferred hand.

May need to have VAFA MRP.

The same did not happen to Taft. He was not intentionally trodden on (ala Watts). That case was referred to the tribunal and he was found not guilty. It was also in play, unlike the intentional act by Watts.

The same did not happen to Taft. He was not intentionally trodden on (ala Watts). That case was referred to the tribunal and he was found not guilty. It was also in play, unlike the intentional act by Watts.
In fact, the only outcome of the Taft incident was the other Watts brother carrying on like a peanut.

In fact, the only outcome of the Taft incident was the other Watts brother carrying on like a peanut.

I wasnt comparing J Watts actions to that of Tafts incident, but Archange mentioning #17 of Colls actions as the worst action he has seen in footy. He goes onto criticise the Coll footy club. After the incident Taft incident Coll didnt "squel, after the Bernies incident St Bernards didnt
squel. The only one "arcking". up is Archange

I wasnt comparing J Watts actions to that of Tafts incident, but Archange mentioning #17 of Colls actions as the worst action he has seen in footy. He goes onto criticise the Coll footy club. After the incident Taft incident Coll didnt "squel, after the Bernies incident St Bernards didnt
squel. The only one "arcking". up is Archange
Read the posts carefully. Not me.

On a different note, I have had a chance to see Fitzy's section on VAFA tragics.
My initial response is that the section is designed to be controversial, so we should take most of it with a grain of salt.
However.. what does he gain by belittling a struggling club and questioning their desire to improve? Many clubs in their situation would not exist anymore. Nevertheless they turn up every week and have a go, and Schwabby is a legend who has always given his all. They do not have the resources, nor the player pools of probably 75% of the amateur clubs, let alone the 400 boys leaving Xavier College each year. Maybe Fitzy would like to direct some of the boys missing games at Xavier down there, or offer a hand to their committee. Being controversial is one thing, bullying, denigrating, pontificating,and grandstanding are another. I think I know where Fitzy stepped this week, hopefully he can avoid treading there in the future.

Darwin," the only outcome of the Taft incident was the other Watts brother carrying on " You failed to mention his visit to the Drs. surgery.
I'd love you next to me in the "trenches" when things get willing.........not.
And you failed to mention that it went to the tribunal where the UB player was found not guilty. Taft isn't the first bloke to get some stitches.

Would love to be in the "trenches" with you, fainting all over the plce whenever a bloke needed a couple of stitches.

And you failed to mention that it went to the tribunal where the UB player was found not guilty. Taft isn't the first bloke to get some stitches.

Would love to be in the "trenches" with you, fainting all over the plce whenever a bloke needed a couple of stitches.

You missed the point totaly...........You critised F Watts for carrying on like a peanut, he was only remonstrating against the hit on Taft, as any team mate would.
What would you have done if in the same position???

On a different note, I have had a chance to see Fitzy's section on VAFA tragics.
My initial response is that the section is designed to be controversial, so we should take most of it with a grain of salt.
However.. what does he gain by belittling a struggling club and questioning their desire to improve? Many clubs in their situation would not exist anymore. Nevertheless they turn up every week and have a go, and Schwabby is a legend who has always given his all. They do not have the resources, nor the player pools of probably 75% of the amateur clubs, let alone the 400 boys leaving Xavier College each year. Maybe Fitzy would like to direct some of the boys missing games at Xavier down there, or offer a hand to their committee. Being controversial is one thing, bullying, denigrating, pontificating,and grandstanding are another. I think I know where Fitzy stepped this week, hopefully he can avoid treading there in the future.

I suspect Fitzy may be doing a little back-peddling next week. Otherwise this 'tragics' show is going to go downhill very quickly. You can't have a program like this and use it as a vehicle to knock down the clubs that need the most support. Maybe Fitzy can go down there himself this weekend and volunteer for Chadstone in some capacity, rather than swanning around Toorak Park on a Saturday afternoon.

Was watching the 1993 VAFA Grand Final between Collegians and De La Salle on YouTube. Couldn't believe the muddy state of the ground at Elsternwick Park/Sportscover Arena.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect Fitzy may be doing a little back-peddling next week. Otherwise this 'tragics' show is going to go downhill very quickly. You can't have a program like this and use it as a vehicle to knock down the clubs that need the most support. Maybe Fitzy can go down there himself this weekend and volunteer for Chadstone in some capacity, rather than swanning around Toorak Park on a Saturday afternoon.

What a fool. Should be ripped off that show immediately and forced to make a public apology in VAFA record this week.
Totally disrespectful.
I actually admire Chadstone. Don't think I could stick around getting belted by 200 points for too long. The players and club show remarkable resolve.

Although both lodged on the same day (Sunday 17th), I notice that Petering's clearance to Beauy has been approved (as expected), yet Milne's is still pending.

Anyone willing to move on and post some tips for this weeks games?

Outgoing Media & Communications Manager LennyVAFA has gone this way:

Beaumaris v Collegians

De La Salle v University Blacks

Old Carey v St Bernards

University Blues v Old Trinity

Old Xaverians v Old Scotch

That's it FF. I didn't see blacks on the weekend but they trailed Beauy in the third quarter and I think the only time they've shown a full game effort was against Trinity.

As a MUFC supporter, I'm not sold that the blacks have solved their issues yet.

As for the blues, I think some very narrow losses and key players out is masking how good they are.

Every round throws us some excellent games and this round is no exception.

Beaumaris v Collegians- Interesting game. Collegians were average for the first 3 rounds but have knocked off Bernards and Blues in the past two. Going on form Collegians should win this.
Carey v St Bernards- Winner of this game will be two games clear of 5th. Game of the round for me. Carey have been moving the ball very well this year and the bottom 6 players have improved. Carey by 10 points.
Uni Blues v Trinity- Blues are better than there record shows, however, the big ground at uni is similar to the Daley and Trinity will win it by 3 goals.
Xavs v Scotch- No one knows which Scotch will turn up. Will be a close game but Xavs to win by less than a kick.
De la v Blacks- De la are desperate for a win, however, they come up against a confident Blacks team. Blacks in another close game.

Every round throws us some excellent games and this round is no exception.

Beaumaris v Collegians- Interesting game. Collegians were average for the first 3 rounds but have knocked off Bernards and Blues in the past two. Going on form Collegians should win this.
Carey v St Bernards- Winner of this game will be two games clear of 5th. Game of the round for me. Carey have been moving the ball very well this year and the bottom 6 players have improved. Carey by 10 points.
Uni Blues v Trinity- Blues are better than there record shows, however, the big ground at uni is similar to the Daley and Trinity will win it by 3 goals.
Xavs v Scotch- No one knows which Scotch will turn up. Will be a close game but Xavs to win by less than a kick.
De la v Blacks- De la are desperate for a win, however, they come up against a confident Blacks team. Blacks in another close game.

Colls - Just by 1 goal. (Mine playing??)

St B. - They have to bounce back or people will start talking.

Trinity - A good honest team, UB's a bit flakey at this stage.

Xavs - To jump out early and hang on, just!!!

De La - At home, A MUST win!!! Some illness going through "Blacks".

No "blow outs" in this round, all to be very close.

What were the extenuating circumstances?

Since the point system is a topic.
How many does say a player who comes from the bush as a kid(think Uni sides here) plays a few years, moves to VFL( or even AFL), plays senior football, then returns get given? Current examples are Ross Young, Dan Nicholson, Julian Rowe off the top of my head. It would be 5 or 6 points under the system suggested but I believe should be 1 or 2 points in reality as they are returning to their home club

The windbag made an interesting comment on Inner FM this morning (happens occasionally:)) re the points system. He said during his time at the VAFA they arranged for teams over one weekend to provide the VAFA with sufficient player information to allow them to assess the value of a player points system.

To their surprise the teams that scored the highest were lower division sides with Power House being top of the pops.

A system similar to that proposed by the AFL has been operating in the MPNFL with the purpose of evening the comp. By and large it's had little effect. The power clubs remain the power clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back