Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Can tell you now that this year's Premier Grand Final won't be at Sportscover Arena this year. Likely venue to be either Visy Park, Carlton, or Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham. Decision to be made later this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Happy for it to be at Trevor Barker.

Would it be fair to say that the change rooms that Collegians were using which was flooded with water last year might have convinced the VAFA that Elsternwick Park was no longer a suitable venue to host the VAFA's showpiece match of the year?

Would it be fair to say that the change rooms that Collegians were using which was flooded with water last year might have convinced the VAFA that Elsternwick Park was no longer a suitable venue to host the VAFA's showpiece match of the year?

Not the first time Coll have played there and its flooded. Not only water but sewege!!!

The VAFA heirachy are truly hopeless.............

Can tell you now that this year's Premier Grand Final won't be at Sportscover Arena this year. Likely venue to be either Visy Park, Carlton, or Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham. Decision to be made later this year.

Trevor Barker would be my choice.........

Rather than put the boots into the Chaddy perhaps Fitzgerald could influence some of those running around in the two Xavier 3s teams and the flat track bullies in their Clubbies to play some senior football at a battling club that desperately needs players. Some of the Xavs blokes turning our in their 3rds and Clubbies would be a godsend to a club like Chaddy.

Perhaps he can also explain on this weeks episode of VAFA Tragics how stockpiling players in multiple 3rds sides is good for football. Most are never likely to get anywhere near playing ‘A’ grade seniors. It is obscene that some clubs can have 5 senior teams, and plenty still missing out, when other clubs in lower grades remain uncompetitive and are battling to fill a reserves team.

One of the best things that happened to Kew was enticing some Xavier 2s and 3s players across and developing them into decent division level senior footballers.

I have the greatest admiration for Chadtstone and Fitzgerald’s comments were unwarranted and disrespectful.

FWIW why is it Xavs problem that Chadstone can't field teams? Linking everything that Fitzgerald says to Xavs is like linking BrianSpeaking to SKOB

FWIW why is it Xavs problem that Chadstone can't field teams? Linking everything that Fitzgerald says to Xavs is like linking BrianSpeaking to SKOB

Fair call, but when a known Xavs person comments that there are teams with too many players (ie Xavs )and there is Chadstone who is struggling to field two teams, why not see whether there is any surplus footballers who would like a game of football, plus help out a struggling team.

Would have loved to see what Fitzy would have said about St. Bedes when they had to forfeit a game in Premier A reserve. Probably nothing, as they aren't that easy a target.

PS

Not a dig at St.Bedes, as I know each week a lot of clubs struggle with numbers due to injuries, work or lack of interest, and that year St. Bedes just had a shocking year for injuries.

Anyone think O S could drop? Yet to play Bernies or U Blues.....

Not sure that Uni Blues are putting the fear of god into anyone at the moment. They've dropped four in a row now.

I think that OS have too much talent to drop this season. They run deep enough to get through the harder winter months. DLS and Beauy's ressies are also struggling, so they still have to be where the smart money is in terms of heading down.

Have Strauss and Evans been playing?

Like every year, Scotchies are about to enter their finals period with a grand final clash against Beauy in round 12.
Strauss has played last 3. Played 5 in total I believe. Evans must still be overseas.

One thing's for sure. If OS do somehow turn it around and make the finals, I can't see them actually winning one. Their winless finals streak is not likely to end any time soon.

One thing's for sure. If OS do somehow turn it around and make the finals, I can't see them actually winning one. Their winless finals streak is not likely to end any time soon.

From what I hear, Strauss is head and shoulders over Evans in ability,and he Strauss,isnt setting the "world on fire" either.
J Bull is the only one getting the ball.....if goes down their stuffed. No rucks to speak of, Perry young and willing but not tall enough.
Evans I believe is still away..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BLUES - If they are serious about 2015, the cannot drop this game. It's a massive one for them.
TRINITY - Have proven me wrong on too many occasions. Not through a lack of respect, more so that I thought their opponents would be up for it. This game should be a belter as XAVS have been in good form since their forgettable round 5 showing.
CAREY - Although Carey dropped their last match, I think they are still just above the BLACKS this year who are on a 3 game streak. Not sure BLACKS can handle the star power of the Panthers.
COLLEGIANS - The in form team of the competition meets arguably the team most out of form.
BERNARDS - If DLS aren't the most out of form team, then SCOTCH are. BERNARDS played some good footy on the weekend and should easily account for SCOTCH.

Of course its not but it is about the Haves and Have Nots

Fitzgerald is on the Xavs Committee and makes no secret of his allegiance. So how can someone affiliated with a powerful club like Xavs with its 5 senior and 2 x U19s teams have any idea about the challengers faced by clubs like Chadstone.

Just my view but I also think its a bit greedy to stockpile players in multiple Thirds teams when other clubs are battling to fill their ressies.

Just give it back to the traditional occupants. Venue is under utilized.:cool:

BLUES - If they are serious about 2015, the cannot drop this game. It's a massive one for them.
TRINITY - Have proven me wrong on too many occasions. Not through a lack of respect, more so that I thought their opponents would be up for it. This game should be a belter as XAVS have been in good form since their forgettable round 5 showing.
CAREY - Although Carey dropped their last match, I think they are still just above the BLACKS this year who are on a 3 game streak. Not sure BLACKS can handle the star power of the Panthers.
COLLEGIANS - The in form team of the competition meets arguably the team most out of form.
BERNARDS - If DLS aren't the most out of form team, then SCOTCH are. BERNARDS played some good footy on the weekend and should easily account for SCOTCH.
If your tips come in, that will really set the season up as follows:

OT, Bernards, Carey solid in positions 1 to 3
Collegians leading the pack chasing that 4th spot, followed by Xavs and Blues
Scotch and Blacks really needing to find something in the 2nd half of the season to stay in touch with the other 6
Beauie and De La in even more trouble

If Blacks continue their resurgence Briza will surely be the first to congratulate them on turning their season around.

Or maybe not:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/b-section-2010-part-1.697811/page-29#post-17988391

Last edited:
If you look back over the last 6-7 seasons, maybe only once have Collegians beaten DLS at the Trott, regardless of ladder positions. This game will be much closer than people think, and wouldn't surprise me if DLS get up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back