Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Any goss on the other A grade Teams???????????

Carey lose Roach to Balwyn but nobody else. Have lost a few to retirement but not to $ elsewhere.
Got back Smith, Cater and Rimmington from overseas. Got back Crozier from Bentleigh.
Finished 3rd home and away in B last year and 1-17 in A the year before. You would think they would need another 3-5 recruits that I'm unaware of to be a real chance. Probable bottom 2 IMO with Beauy and my 2 sliders OT and Collegians.

Carey lose Roach to Balwyn but nobody else. Have lost a few to retirement but not to $ elsewhere.
Got back Smith, Cater and Rimmington from overseas. Got back Crozier from Bentleigh.
Finished 3rd home and away in B last year and 1-17 in A the year before. You would think they would need another 3-5 recruits that I'm unaware of to be a real chance. Probable bottom 2 IMO with Beauy and my 2 sliders OT and Collegians.

I had Collegians last year as struggling to avoid the drop, and look where they ended up. Haven't heard any team news from them but they know how to win a game of a grade football that's for sure.

I had Collegians last year as struggling to avoid the drop, and look where they ended up. Haven't heard any team news from them but they know how to win a game of a grade football that's for sure.

Agree Penski. Extraordinary effort by Collegians to make the GF. A great club. Battling just to make finals for most of the year and on the 2 occasions I saw them they looked a mid-table team at best. I know that Ferguson is giving away the VFL. Heard he might be travelling but I guess if he plays anywhere it will be with Collegians. Any news from Scotch? For a few years now they have threatened to go to the next level without actually delivering. They usually manage to find a few big name recruits.

Agree Penski. Extraordinary effort by Collegians to make the GF. A great club. Battling just to make finals for most of the year and on the 2 occasions I saw them they looked a mid-table team at best. I know that Ferguson is giving away the VFL. Heard he might be travelling but I guess if he plays anywhere it will be with Collegians. Any news from Scotch? For a few years now they have threatened to go to the next level without actually delivering. They usually manage to find a few big name recruits.

Collegians had 6 dual winning Premiership players who played only 7 games between them (for the usual reasons, injury, travel work etc)in
season 2014. All back for 2015.......plus the usual recruit or two who wanders in......No one retiring or leaving.

Until Scotch can win in finals, they just don't have that feeling of being a real challenger, and it's an awful finals record they have of late, having not won a finals game for a while now, even though they've made a number of finals series over the past few years. Bernies need to capitalise on their strong list as well, and get some winning finals under their belts. It makes such a difference to the playing group to know that they have what it takes to win one.

Collegians showed what winning a final can mean from a players mental perspective when faced with the challenge again, now making 5 grand finals in the last seven years, and its also something Xavs teams have been feasting on for 20 years.

Rumblings about L Tapscott making his way down to Harry Trott with his billett family after being cut from Melbourne.

Would be an interesting prospect if he was able to get on the park.

Canada, on Collegians performance last year, winning their last 7 games and just getting better and better(especialy the younger kids) plus their returns, who barely played a game last year, with no retirees or anyone leaving. I would think they would be "there abouts" for 2015

Possibly. I have them bottom 4. Who are your bottom 4?

Put it this way........who is going to rise to knock them out. OS, OC, OT, Beauy.... I doubt it St Bern will battle to keep in touch.
Uni Blacks losing plenty and UB are prety much unknown. . De La and OX to rise.

Put it this way........who is going to rise to knock them out. OS, OC, OT, Beauy.... I doubt it St Bern will battle to keep in touch.
Uni Blacks losing plenty and UB are prety much unknown. . De La and OX to rise.

In my humble opinion DLS come into the four, and i'm thinking it's at Scotch's expense, although i haven't heard of their recruits, just Passador retiring at this stage, which leaves a huge hole up forward. Blacks won't be as dominant next season, but will still make the top 4. Bernies may lose Merrington to retirement, but new recruit Adam Campbell should fill that hole. The question would be how many games they get from Chad Jones, but i can't see them dropping out of the four regardless.

Collegians are a well drilled unit that dont seem to be losing any, and will get more out of a few top liners that didn't see much action last year, so they'll still be in contention come September.

OX need to replace some real quality in Waller, Goss and Ambrose to move from mid-table. Anyone know how much validity there is to the Luke Ball rumour?

I dont see Trinity improving on last season to be around 5-6. Uni Blues i also think will be mid-table. They are touting the return of Ross Young, but with him they were relegated two years ago, so he's not the difference maker on his own.

Carey (Roach is a huge loss) and Beauy to drop at this stage.

I can't believe that typing this has made me think about doing a ladder. It's december FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my humble opinion DLS come into the four, and i'm thinking it's at Scotch's expense, although i haven't heard of their recruits, just Passador retiring at this stage, which leaves a huge hole up forward. Blacks won't be as dominant next season, but will still make the top 4. Bernies may lose Merrington to retirement, but new recruit Adam Campbell should fill that hole. The question would be how many games they get from Chad Jones, but i can't see them dropping out of the four regardless.

Collegians are a well drilled unit that dont seem to be losing any, and will get more out of a few top liners that didn't see much action last year, so they'll still be in contention come September.

OX need to replace some real quality in Waller, Goss and Ambrose to move from mid-table. Anyone know how much validity there is to the Luke Ball rumour?

I dont see Trinity improving on last season to be around 5-6. Uni Blues i also think will be mid-table. They are touting the return of Ross Young, but with him they were relegated two years ago, so he's not the difference maker on his own.

I can't believe that typing this has made me think about doing a ladder. It's december FFS.

Pen, agree with all you say. OS have also lost their top half forward to money. My money is on Ball NOT playing.....

Go on! I want to bookmark it.:)

Interesting musings though.

Blacks were such a dominate side last season that they can probably cover a few player losses but a few more big departures and it might bring them back to the field a bit. Uni Blues looking to challenge - Ross Young returning, a TAC Cup Morrish medallist and maybe even Brad Sewell. That’s a scary thought.

Any news from the Snakepit? For most of last season it looked a 2 horse race between St Bernards and Uni Blacks. Have heard unsubstantiated reports that Merrington hanging them up and Chad Jones might be non-starter due to VFL coaching commitments. His absence in the prelim was massive when it clashed with a VFL final.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bernies set to loose Nathan Kazuro & Tom Gleeson to VFL also... their 19's will need to fill these holes also

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bernies set to loose Nathan Kazuro & Tom Gleeson to VFL also... their 19's will need to fill these holes also

Flogged by Collegians in 2014 Prelim. Final (admitt no C Jones) and with these departures imminent (if it happens). How will they shape up for 2015?.....When the whips were cracking, they went missing....

Flogged by Collegians in 2014 Prelim. Final (admitt no C Jones) and with these departures imminent (if it happens). How will they shape up for 2015?.....When the whips were cracking, they went missing....

Can excuse the Bernies one poor game as they were pretty consistent most of the year. From memory they had more scoring shots in the prelim but conversion was horrible. Gleeson is a gun and will be a big loss but I still see them as thereabouts next season.

Reckon it will be a very tight competition next year with no real standouts just yet. My mob (DLS) will be vastly improved but they are coming from a fair way back. With some luck could find they vying for 4th with a few others. Humphrey to the VFL is a big loss. Ferguson possibly back to Collegians and they will be a better again in 2015. No logic to this but I get a sense that Scotch, OT and Beaumaris will be the sliders. Blacks will come back to the pack a bit and Blues could cause some headaches. Xavs could finish anywhere from 1st to 8th. Carey a bit of an unknown but unless they can improve their depth they might battle.

Can excuse the Bernies one poor game as they were pretty consistent most of the year. From memory they had more scoring shots in the prelim but conversion was horrible. Gleeson is a gun and will be a big loss but I still see them as thereabouts next season.

Reckon it will be a very tight competition next year with no real standouts just yet. My mob (DLS) will be vastly improved but they are coming from a fair way back. With some luck could find they vying for 4th with a few others. Humphrey to the VFL is a big loss. Ferguson possibly back to Collegians and they will be a better again in 2015. No logic to this but I get a sense that Scotch, OT and Beaumaris will be the sliders. Blacks will come back to the pack a bit and Blues could cause some headaches. Xavs could finish anywhere from 1st to 8th. Carey a bit of an unknown but unless they can improve their depth they might battle.

Rooster, Home and Aways for sur

To true Rooster......but the Prelim
Thanks Nostradamus!

ROUND 18: Xavs finish 9th!
DAY AFTER GRAND FINAL: VAFA executive announce 2016 season will feature a 12-team Premier A Section... :)

VAFA Executive couldnt count to 12...................

VAFA Executive couldnt count to 12...................[/QUOTE]

Yes they can.

Show of hands, "how many of us are going on the next Ireland junket"

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and Me (Michael Sholly) that makes twelve.

Micheal: "Sue, can you book 12 tickets to Ireland, Business Class of course"

Sue: "How will we pay for these tickets"

Michael: "Variable Ticket pricing, it worked so well for the AFL"

Max "Merry Christmas" Leader

Thanks Nostradamus!

ROUND 18: Xavs finish 9th!
DAY AFTER GRAND FINAL: VAFA executive announce 2016 season will feature a 12-team Premier A Section... :)

I know. Really sticking my neck out with this one;). Got burnt last year when I predicted them to win the flag! OX a bit of an unknown next season. Despite their well publicised departures they still have heaps of talent and depth and will no doubt land some big recruits between now and April 2015. Most likely scenario will seem them battling with a group of other clubs for 3rd or 4th.

I find this highly offensive for the following reasons.

1. Tullamarine only advertised on the Premier boards, and drew the line at Division 1. That's insulting to the likes of the Bannister brothers (Jared rejected $1,200 a game from Oak Park last year) and several other key players who dominate Div 1 and would waltz into Tullamarine FC if they had a decent culture.

2. I'm a forward, but not really classy, yet I run hard, so why can't they be seeking hard running but honest half forwards who block and protect the classier ones and make them look classy ($250/game perhaps?)

3. Their new senior coach apparently came across on the promise of bringing talent from Strathmore to Tullamarine. Hardly a good advertisement for the club.

4. This feeds the cancer which is slowly killing local footy

Edit: Removed highly offensive quote - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this highly offensive for the following reasons.

1. Tullamarine only advertised on the Premier boards, and drew the line at Division 1. That's insulting to the likes of the Bannister brothers (Jared rejected $1,200 a game from Oak Park last year) and several other key players who dominate Div 1 and would waltz into Tullamarine FC if they had a decent culture.

2. I'm a forward, but not really classy, yet I run hard, so why can't they be seeking hard running but honest half forwards who block and protect the classier ones and make them look classy ($250/game perhaps?)

3. Their new senior coach apparently came across on the promise of bringing talent from Strathmore to Tullamarine. Hardly a good advertisement for the club.

4. This feeds the cancer which is slowly killing local footy
The fact the ad runs at all is an insult. This is a VAFA board, not a paid suburban league. Clubs like Tullamarine who need a coach that promises to bring paid talent is not creating a sustainable model nor are they developing any sort of culture others would either aspire to or look to replicate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back