Bernards to defeat OT in a gripping tussle
Collegians to prevail over Scotch
Old Carey to defeat Blues
Blacks to defeat Xavs

Here we go. OT over Bernies.......
OS by less than a kick. They have some talent yet to click
OC over Blues.
Xavs to roll Blacks.
De La to slap Bernies, some good players missing.

WTF...........OT to good for Bernies
OS by less than a kick over Coll. They have some talent yet to click.
OC to beat Blues.
Xavs to out run Blacks
DeLa to slap Bernies. To many good players out for a few weeks.,

OC to beat Blues.
Xavs to out run Blacks

WTF indeed. De La to slap Bernies?

Beaumaris rumored to have Petering and also Lachy Boyd back from the SANFL for this weeks game. De La on the other hand cruelled by injuries and unavailability right through the club to the point that their 3s were close to forfeiting his week. Do or die for the Bellers and I think they can get up in a close game.

Other winners – Bernies, Colls, Carey, Blacks all in tight games.

OC to beat Blues.
Xavs to out run Blacks
You gotta stop hating on Bernards JJ

Oops....that is clearly my very poor skills at reading who the author is......meant (as a joke) for Flat Footy.....

Last edited:
I don't tip often. Only when I know I have a 5/5 in me. Here it is:
Collegians easily.
Xavs comfortably.
Uni Blues by 4-5 goals.
Beauy to push the nail deep into the DLS coffin.
Bernies by a fair bit.

Today's results reflect what is great about VAFA Prem footy. 1v2 decided by 1 goal. Scotch playing for their season scrape home by 5 points. Blues and OCarey decided by the narrowest margin. De La survive for now but will be shattered by Scotch result. And Blacks remain in the hunt for a top 4 spot.

OT and Bernards have significant daylight to 3rd and 4th.

Old Carey at 3rd, all the way down to 7th (Blues, Blacks, Xavs, Collegians) only separated by 2 points and %, and Scotch stay in touch with a remote hope for finals and more importantly have 6 and 8 points on Beauie and De La.

Bottom 2 still favored to drop....but never say never in this comp.

My final 4:
Old Trinity
Uni Blues
Old Carey
Old Xavs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What odds you after for the above happening? No way Bernards miss September action after today's result IMO. And now Blacks, Collegians right in the hunt for 3rd and 4th. Will be a fascinating last 8 weeks.

Today's results reflect what is great about VAFA Prem footy. 1v2 decided by 1 goal. Scotch playing for their season scrape home by 5 points. Blues and OCarey decided by the narrowest margin. De La survive for now but will be shattered by Scotch result. And Blacks remain in the hunt for a top 4 spot.

OT and Bernards have significant daylight to 3rd and 4th.

Old Carey at 3rd, all the way down to 7th (Blues, Blacks, Xavs, Collegians) only separated by 2 points and %, and Scotch stay in touch with a remote hope for finals and more importantly have 6 and 8 points on Beauie and De La.

Bottom 2 still favored to drop....but never say never in this comp.

Hate to take the loss off a great win but the reality is that right now De La are a ‘B’ grade club. Despite the incredible comeback (8 goals down at ¼ time and kicked 18 goals to 3 thereafter) they allowed the 9th placed team to kick 9 goals in the first quarter. On top of that our depth is shot with our Ressies really battling.

De La’s best 22 are pretty good and a match for anyone but you never have that luxury and other clubs are covering key absences far better than us. Having said that when the bottom team has a % over 80 you know the competition is pretty healthy. 4 losses by under 2 goals is what has killed the season for the Bellers. Good teams win their share of those games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotch's win certainly not a great result for bottom 2. They both need to win 4 of last 8 to stay up IMO.
Whilst 1 and 2 look a cut above, whoever finishes 3rd ad 4th will be a shot if they come in with a healthy list.
Healthy lists seem to be the key.

Time for some predictions.

Xavs, scotch, DLS and Beauy can't make finals. I'm finally off the Xav wagon. Yesterday was a bad result. Bad!
Top 2 certs for 1 and 2 end of home and away.
Carey, who are up and down like a yoyo in a good place to make finals.
That half game lead over the rest will be crucial. Play the bottom 3 at Dunshea Oval in the run home.
Blues have so many stars, will just sneak in.
Blacks and Wesley to finish 5th and 6th.

Time for some predictions.

Xavs, scotch, DLS and Beauy can't make finals. I'm finally off the Xav wagon. Yesterday was a bad result. Bad!
Top 2 certs for 1 and 2 end of home and away.
Carey, who are up and down like a yoyo in a good place to make finals.
That half game lead over the rest will be crucial. Play the bottom 3 at Dunshea Oval in the run home.
Blues have so many stars, will just sneak in.
Blacks and Wesley to finish 5th and 6th.
Am interested Canada. How many wins secures 4th spot in your view?

9.5 or 10 will get you finals this year.

Agree. In 2012 3rd and 4th had 12 and most seasons you need 11. However this year 10 will be enough. Likewise clubs in the past have avoided relegation with 5 wins and a reasonable % but this year minimum 6 and maybe 7 required. From memory Uni Blues went down with 6 1/2 wins in 2013.

Agree with JJ’s comments above re De La. Their best is capable of troubling any team but yet to put 4 quarters together this season. With Scotch banking early wins Beaumaris look likely to be back in B grade next year. Had their best team in for the year yesterday with Clark and Petering back and Boyd on a 1 match release from the SANFL but were outscored 18 goals to 3 after quarter time against the bottom side.

So top 2 and bottom 2 set and the other 6 fighting it out for 3rd and 4th.

Can any one give me more detail on Alex McLeod at St Bernards?

Anthony Rock just walking his second year magic.

Can any one give me more detail on Alex McLeod at St Bernards?

Anthony Rock just walking his second year magic.
2nd year at Bernards. On Essendon VFL list. Played alot of VFL last year. Stringing regular VAFA games this year and having an impact. Very handy.

Soft effort - Didn't man up in the back line at a BTI and let a bloke run straight past him. No wonder beauy are going terrible this year with guys like that playing.

The hit was a pretty soft effort too.

Round 11 tips:

Bernards - at Beauie always tough....but should be too strong
Scotch - better looking team
Trinity - to bounce back
Blues - too good
Carey - in a tight contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back