Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Do tell why you'd expect a side going through loss-after-loss in Prem 'A' would be naturally more resilient than one going through the same thing in a lower grade? Plenty of numbers in lots of lower grade teams. I'm led to believe even Chadstone weren't short of numbers on the track this year.

Just my experience. I've seen 10 people train on a Tuesday and 25 on a Thursday and then seen a few beg, borrow and steal to get the two teams filled as the wheels start to fall of during a season. But in A most teams have 100 plus in their 4 and sometimes more teams. A core of dedicated players who got them to and are keeping them in A.
I have seen this resilience on a few occasions.

Old Scotch and Beaumaris to play Premier B in 2016; Old Xaverians and Collegians avoid relegation. Scotch will be in Premier B for the first time since 1980.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What was better for Old Xavs today - winning to avoid relegation or beating the Scotchies and making sure they were relegated? I'm thinking both!!

Number 3 from Scotch. Massive flog. Must have thrown 50 jumper punches today. Was jumper punching like a big bogan when a teammate came in and whacked his Xav opponent. Scotch went to 17 men thanks to him. Massive bogan.
Hope he enjoys B Grade.

Not sure what is happening at vafa headquarters over this weekend - must have just realised finals at premier levels are starting next week - appears they do not have enough grounds for the finals being held...scrambling badly...might have to dust off Elsternwick no 2 ground

Not sure what is happening at vafa headquarters over this weekend - must have just realised finals at premier levels are starting next week - appears they do not have enough grounds for the finals being held...scrambling badly...might have to dust off Elsternwick no 2 ground
Think Sandy using TBO for a final might have caused some reshuffling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like all of the top 4 could be considered flag chances. And with no windblown GF at Elsternwick, could be one of the great finals series.
And for all the relegation kerfuffl
According to the coach - avoiding relegation. Perhaps that's why he's coach and you aren't.;)
all Old Xavs should be thinking is that if they had reversed the result of their 1 pt loss to De La they would be playing finals...

Looking like all of the top 4 could be considered flag chances. And with no windblown GF at Elsternwick, could be one of the great finals series.
And for all the relegation kerfuffl

all Old Xavs should be thinking is that if they had reversed the result of their 1 pt loss to De La they would be playing finals...

And if my auntie had ba..s she’d be my uncle!

Margin was actually 3 points and conversely had De La managed to get up in the return match, which was also decided by less than a kick they would have missed finals by 10 points not 6.

De La take strong momentum into this week and deserve to be playing against Blues. Much moreso than Xavs. Will be a cracking 1st Semi. Blues are very confident, as are De La. Feels like 22 players on each side will have a real crack.

Blues by 3-4 goals and then they will roll Trinity and then Snowdogs.
It's Gleeson season!

Bernards wont win it!!!!!

U Blues for the flag...
I disagree. I think if bernards win this week they will win the whole thing. They are flying under the radar so far and i expect a big finals series for the snowies. Although i do agree with you on uni blues, they are a quality side that will shine in the finals!!

And if my auntie had ba..s she’d be my uncle!

Margin was actually 3 points and conversely had De La managed to get up in the return match, which was also decided by less than a kick they would have missed finals by 10 points not 6.
Ha!. True enough. Was more a comment on the closeness of the comp than any sense of missed opportunities for OX. On form, they would have been destroyed if they made it to finals.

I would certainly hate to see the LaSallians cough up another close one in finals.

Ha!. True enough. Was more a comment on the closeness of the comp than any sense of missed opportunities for OX. On form, they would have been destroyed if they made it to finals.

I would certainly hate to see the LaSallians cough up another close one in finals.

You had better shut your eyes then......

Apparently Old Trinity are no chance then?

Despite having the double chance, being 1-1 with Bernies, 1-1 with De La and 2-0 with Blues. Losses to Bernies and De La by less than 2 goals.

Interesting.....

I thought (as did most) before the season started that DLS were a top four side this year, and despite the roller coaster ride to get there they are still on track to fulfill the potential that most of us saw at the start of the season.

I have no doubt that this year's winner will be out of Blues and DLS, and i feel as though DLS are playing slightly better football at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back