Premier B - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips for round 1, a guessing game at best.

St Kevin's over St Bede's by a goal. Both sides nowhere near full strength, should be a great game at Brindisi.

Old Brighton over Fitzroy by 3 goals, I know nothing about recruits or losses from either team.

Mazenod over Hampton by 4 goals, welcome back Hampton, Mazenod are on the rise this year. Hampton spruiking back to back to back, let's see how they go......

Caulfield to get the bikkies by 11 points over Parkdale because of home ground advantage. Both very young with Caulfield decimated by losses over the summer.

OM's to defeat Ajax at the junction by 25 points, a very good young team are OM's.

Why is that bob? A bit early for injuries? It's not cold enough to be lured away to Thailand and there is no snow on the alps just yet!

The much touted and rated new recruits for SKOBS. Dont know much about them but what you read on this site it sounds like they could nearly get into the Hawthorn AFL team. Are they Old boys or just new to the club? If the latter, why on earth (if they are so good) would
they front up to SKOBS? Whats the attraction?.........Can anyone shed some light?
Good que$$$tion...I have no idea

I'm sure you used to be involved in Ammos. So you know how good it is and that coin isn't needed.

Anyone have any info on whats happening with Caulfield? This seems to be a make or break year for them, they appear to be in a similar position to Haileybury and PEGS with the school having a lot of high quality players on scholarships who don't play at the old boys footy club.

Lost Tom Silvestro and Tom Quinn to Uni Blues - apart from that looked very similar to last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s**t coaching panel which has changed numerous times already @ Premier C

I see they have appointed Wayne Oswald this year. Ossie was director of coaching at OM’s and Uni Blues in the seasons they got relegated on the back of almost achieving the same thing at Scotch a few years earlier. Seems they have already begun preparations for C grade.

Hampton Rovers made a big statement in Premier B defeating Mazenod by 69 points at Boss James Reserve today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hampton Rovers made a big statement in Premier B defeating Mazenod by 69 points at Boss James Reserve today.

Impressive result Jase. The Nodders felt they would be very competitive this year too. Still, a long way to go.

See the VAFA website has been as useful as **** on a bull when it counts once again.

I tried to get into the VAFA website but it wouldn't go. The timing of it couldn't be worse...on the opening day of the season.

Last edited:
I see they have appointed Wayne Oswald this year. Ossie was director of coaching at OM’s and Uni Blues in the seasons they got relegated on the back of almost achieving the same thing at Scotch a few years earlier. Seems they have already begun preparations for C grade.

1 win doesn't make a season and playing at home helps, but the early reports on Caulfield's death seem a touch premature.

CGFC have lost some kids to A Grade, some Reserves players to Waverley Blues, but they have appointed an exceptional Captain and they are a united group.

It's a funny game football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW I agree big win by the Rovers be interesting to see if they back it up this week. I really fear we are going to have a 2 division comp in Premier B, thinking a 5/5 split.

But alas,Jas,this week they face what I use as the litmus test to judge both individual players and all amateur teams by:how do they go about playing at Brindisi St.?Sure the Tigers aren't as daunting as they once were but it's still a big challenge!Hope they perform well which will add a bit of interest to the season.Best odds I've been able to get all week on the top 4 of SKOB/Tigers/Brighton/OM's is 1.10!!!!

If Hampton Rovers and Old Brighton win their respective games this weekend, how big is the ANZAC Day game at Boss James Reserve going to be?
Whoever decided to have two old rivals-Hampton Rovers and Old Brighton-to play on the most important day on the Australian calendar, ANZAC Day gets top marks from me. It is the VAFA equivalent of Essendon v Collingwood.

Tips for this weekend?

Mazenod vs. BRIGHTON
ST. BEDE's vs Hampton
AJAX vs. Parkdale
Caulfield vs. OM's
SKOB's vs. Fitzroy

Big test for Fitzroy and Caulfield to see if they can be competitive also see how Mazenod goes if it was a bad week or if they're no good.
Expect SBMT to get the job done in absolute belter of a match!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expect to see St Bedes Mentone Tigers there in Premier B Grand Final Day. I was watching the Under 19s at Boss James Reserve. It was a good effort from the Rovers to come from 4 goals down to hit the front by 3/4 time, but couldn't withstand the Tigers 9-goal onslaught.

Brian..please...
Everyone knows it SKOB vs someone. Unless they lose a dozen to injury their list is better than the bottom half of A Grade.

Jase, who will they play? Very early to make a call re the GF, some top quality teams in this competition.
Unlike Old Brighton, St Bedes lost round one. Old Brighton looking very strong as are OM's.
Putting Premier Section aside, this is probably the strongest standard of competition in the whole of the VAFA. Every team-even the promoted teams from Premier C like Hampton Rovers and Parkdale Vultures-will need to bring their A-game if they want to be competitive in this section.

Putting Premier Section aside, this is probably the strongest standard of competition in the whole of the VAFA. Every team-even the promoted teams from Premier C like Hampton Rovers and Parkdale Vultures-will need to bring their A-game if they want to be competitive in this section.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen written. Putting the A grade aside, the B grade is the strongest competition? That's why it's B grade. Einstein, you are not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back