Premier B 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? You have accused them of cheating. Offering inducements such as free education is banned under VAFA rules. I am sure you already know that.

I’m taking AMs advice and not being so precious but still think it’s poor form to make this accusation on such flimsy evidence.
Well Loewes kids went there, but I never knew that was against the rules as they could have a job at the school.

Well Loewes kids went there, but I never knew that was against the rules as they could have a job at the school.

The provision of employment is not against VAFA rules but offering inducements, such as free education, is.

Happy to accept you were unaware and time to move on but to be clear – the coaching gig at the school was initiated by the sport master at the time (can’t remember his name but his son Tom Lynch plays at the Adelaide Crows). He and Loewe had known each other for years.

Loewe playing at football club was more due to his best mate being the senior coach. Obviously the two were not mutually exclusive but the inference that he played at OH on the basis of free education for his kids was incorrect and a shame the same incorrect inference is being drawn now.

Have heard ex Sandy VFL B&F winner and multiple Balwyn premiership player Shane Tregear suiting up for the Vultures next year also. Handy pick up if true.

Now that is a pick up. 26-27 I'm guessing. In his prime. Very skilful and speedy. Would be top echelon playing B Grade next year that's for sure

Anyone want to pick a final 4 and eventual premiers yet?

Here's my tips:

Old Scotch
Old Haileybury
St Bedes Mentone Tigers
Hampton Rovers

Grand Final: Old Scotch v Old Haileybury

Premiers: Old Scotch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hearing that Parkdale could have two massive recruits coming their way.
One a BOG in the WAFL GF. The other cashed up bogan performed on the big stage down "Nepean" way in a Premiership side.
No doubt both playing for the love of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One a BOG in the WAFL GF. The other cashed up bogan performed on the big stage down "Nepean" way in a Premiership side.
BOG in the wafl gf would be Jason bristow I reckon. Best on for Subi in 2014, comes from Chelsea way I believe...handy get if so

Careful now UM, some people here are quite precious when it comes to nuanced references like that.:)

Good to have an informed and civilised poster back. Any news down Boss James way?

Careful now UM, some people here are quite precious when it comes to nuanced references like that.:)

Good to have an informed and civilised poster back. Any news down Boss James way?

Agree AM – nice to have UM back. An informed poster who also has a nice way of delivering a subtle backhander.

Boland has very strong family ties to Parkdale. Third generation of Boland to play for the various iterations of the Parkdale club and played at the Vultures before moving to a higher level. I had actually heard that he was being courted by another B grade club and an A grade club who share ‘brotherly’ links! Also the same mob that scalped Mick’s mob a few years back having a decent crack and offering some good $. Has not yet confirmed his intentions but Parkdale have the inside running.

UM – no doubt those that returned to the Rovers a few years back from down "Nepean" way did it for the love of the game also.

Last edited:
Agree AM – nice to have UM back. An informed poster who also has a nice way of delivering a subtle backhander.

Boland has very strong family ties to Parkdale. Third generation of Boland to play for the various iterations of the Parkdale club and played at the Vultures before moving to a higher level. I had actually heard that he was being courted by another B grade club and an A grade club who share ‘brotherly’ links! Also the same mob that scalped Mick’s mob a few years back having a decent crack and offering some good $. Has not yet confirmed his intentions but Parkdale have the inside running.

UM – no doubt those that returned to the Rovers a few years back from down "Nepean" way did it for the love of the game also.

Our mercenaries nearly sent HR bankrupt paying for the 2013-14 flags, Rooster. In all seriousness though, we know Boland is a product of Parkdale. I don't know much about Bristow, but I was at the Nepean Grand Final and he was one of the better players on the day. Wasn't aware he'd previously played at Subi. No idea on the mob that scalped us, but I have heard Sorrento are making a play at Bristow's premiership teammate, Forrest, who bagged a couple in the Rosebud win. The mail is he's pretty much narrowed the decision down to Parkdale and $orrento. Could well be scuttlebutt though as I know nothing of these players and clubs.

AM - not a lot to report from HR at the moment.

Our mercenaries nearly sent HR bankrupt paying for the 2013-14 flags, Rooster. In all seriousness though, we know Boland is a product of Parkdale. I don't know much about Bristow, but I was at the Nepean Grand Final and he was one of the better players on the day. Wasn't aware he'd previously played at Subi. No idea on the mob that scalped us, but I have heard Sorrento are making a play at Bristow's premiership teammate, Forrest, who bagged a couple in the Rosebud win. The mail is he's pretty much narrowed the decision down to Parkdale and $orrento. Could well be scuttlebutt though as I know nothing of these players and clubs.

AM - not a lot to report from HR at the moment.
Believe that to be so. There's the Nick Jewell connection.

The provision of employment is not against VAFA rules but offering inducements, such as free education, is.

Happy to accept you were unaware and time to move on but to be clear – the coaching gig at the school was initiated by the sport master at the time (can’t remember his name but his son Tom Lynch plays at the Adelaide Crows). He and Loewe had known each other for years.

Loewe playing at football club was more due to his best mate being the senior coach. Obviously the two were not mutually exclusive but the inference that he played at OH on the basis of free education for his kids was incorrect and a shame the same incorrect inference is being drawn now.

I guess there is many a way to skin a cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back