C Section Premier C - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see who plays Hampton Rovers on the day the Rovers unfurl the 2013 Division 1 premiership flag. Will it be Ormond in a replay of the grand final, or will it be the Krushers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not too sure. BTW, you'll be interested to know that Leigh Fletcher has won his 5th straight Rovers B&F last Friday.

Not too sure. BTW, you'll be interested to know that Leigh Fletcher has won his 5th straight Rovers B&F last Friday.

Question: Do you think it's a good or bad thing a bloke wins 5 straight B and F's at one club?? I don't ask to cause offence or s**t stir anyone, just interested in People's thoughts. Is it best for the club?? How many votes does he win by each year???

T

That's incredible Jase! Never heard of that sort of run by any player anywhere. Anyone else know of a better run of B&Fs?
David "the Freak" Martin won 6 straight clubs & 7 straight league BnFs. And before you scoff 4 of those league BnFs were against the Noble Parks & Balwyns of the mid-late 90s

I’m going way back to the 70s & 80s here but Roger Paul from Haileybury won about 10 and I reckon 6 or 7 of those might have been on the trot.

I'm not sure what the point of the B&Fs question is. To answer the other part of the question; 2012 was a blowout. To be expected given the quality of player Fletch is and the season the club had. If the externals were aware how much Fletch has invested himself into the club they would understand why we'd love to see him win many more. He also won a Best Clubman Award which was no token gesture. And let's not forget 2 comp B&Fs.
As for Marto, the hip is 'fixed'. He had surgery mid-season and is expecting to play next year as announced after the Grand Final 2 weeks ago. Owie will pick up the slack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure what the point of the B&Fs question is. To answer the other part of the question; 2012 was a blowout. To be expected given the quality of player Fletch is and the season the club had. If the externals were aware how much Fletch has invested himself into the club they would understand why we'd love to see him win many more. He also won a Best Clubman Award which was no token gesture. And let's not forget 2 comp B&Fs.
As for Marto, the hip is 'fixed'. He had surgery mid-season and is expecting to play next year as announced after the Grand Final 2 weeks ago. Owie will pick up the slack.
Meaning Marto will relinquish his coaching role I assume?

Great addition to the playing ranks. One player who can influence a game.

Any predictions re end of season ladder, final 4 placings, grand finalists and player to watch/comp b & f?

Never too early to speculate, Bedford. This is the lying-in-bed-after-the-nightmare period of stretching out in the warm and daydreaming about the triumphant season to come, before having to get up and face gritty reality.

Us Richmond supporters go through it every year.
So poetic it makes me almost want to weep. And from one of those mean spirited umpires too. :rolleyes:

Richie Simon to be the Prez in 2014 bedford.

Rumour has it that PEGS are about to announce a couple of Mazenod boys as part of their coaching group. If it is true, fantastic appointment by PEGS.

Which of the two Division 1 grand finalists-Hampton Rovers (premiers) and Ormond (runners up) do you think will have a good season next year in Premier C, bearing in mind clubs that come up to a higher section usually find it hard in the first year to try and adapt to a tougher standard than what they've used to in the lower grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back