C Section Premier C - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bedford I will try and not let you down, but you are perfectly right the young blokes in the team are the future and it is important that you hang on to the really good ones and not lose them to De La or SFL or Country. I hope I do not detect a semblance of inevitability this year already in your voice Bedford still 8 rounds to go and beat Camberwell this week and who knows, lets hope for your sake that Camberwell send a few lads upstairs after the game this week, a courtesy that was not extended to Camberwell from Ormond when they met at Camberwell earlier in the year..

See, why would you worry about the last bit.
Hampton were sensational to deal with, before and especially after the game with their honesty after score stuff up and attending the after match, but hey its two suburban clubs, fierce rivals on the ground, but great off it. Talking about the score stuff up, thank god it wasn't only a goal in it at the end.

Talking about officials - Lets hope that Orm make sure that the person that is assigned to do the time keeping from Camberwell this week at the Gunn is as good as the Hampton people are...

Bedford, is it true that Camberwell are about to announce a signing of an ex AFL player prior to the June 30 close?

Bedford I will try and not let you down, but you are perfectly right the young blokes in the team are the future and it is important that you hang on to the really good ones and not lose them to De La or SFL or Country. I hope I do not detect a semblance of inevitability this year already in your voice Bedford still 8 rounds to go and beat Camberwell this week and who knows, lets hope for your sake that Camberwell send a few lads upstairs after the game this week, a courtesy that was not extended to Camberwell from Ormond when they met at Camberwell earlier in the year..

Persepctive why single out De La? Only Player Ormond have lost to De La was Matt Hine who after 2 solid seasons left for $ to play in the GVFL. Hope to see him back in the VAFA at some stage for either club. Can’t really count Tim Allan as went to De La and was always wanted to play there at some stage. As it happens he only plays the occasional game when on release from C’wood. Ormond have more kids going to Wesley, Caulfield Grammar, Brighton Grammar etc then De La so are more likely to lose kids to APS aligned clubs.

The greatest threat to Ormond is the same as it is for all VAFA clubs. And that is players going to cashed up suburban and country leagues paying way over the odds. Becoming harder and harder to retain you top end players each year.

Rooster just using De La as an example of higher up the ladder teams that attract the Ormond kids. The problem is that players like Matt Hine and Tim Allan played for Ormond in the juniors from under 9's through to seniors then when Ormond struggle they go and play with their old school side which is absolutely natural these days but it doesn't help the district clubs. If OAFC could keep their players including those 2 along with Trav Hine, Elkman, Dureau, Willis ( although many do not like him)Toolongs, Steet ( premiership player with St Pauls) the Mc Carthys, and the list goes on then they definitely would not be second last in C Grade. Turnover seems quite high at OAFC maybe it is the same at every club but just seems high at OAFC..I agree with you that every VAFA club loses players to cashed up suburban clubs but Ormond seem to lose more..Even blokes like Keleher and the Deledio's have gone. Tim Allan was provided employment by a past Oafc champ yet when he doesn't play at the Pies plays for De La....

Elkman is playing for a pathetic club in Murrumbeena in div2 of the s**t footy league. Hines still train at Ormond and will be back the same as Allan. Keleher will finish at Ormond, Deledios have retired, Toolongs was playing for Ormond , but his new boss said he plays for Oakleigh or no job and will be back. Willis was Murrumbeena and has now represented the GVFL, good on him, he has grown up and would be welcome back. Steet was St Pauls, was not an Ormond junior , the same as the McCarthy's, who are good people and would always be welcome back. The present crop of 19's who are on top of the ladder are mostly McKinnon High and love Ormond.
So once again get your facts right.

Last edited:
Well all that you have done is confirm the exodus from the club in recent years.. Just because they all go to Mc Kinnon does not mean they will stay at OAFC that has been proved with Steet and Mc Carthy's. Oh Steet was from St Pauls was he ?? He was from St Peters actually.. Steet, Mc Carthys,Clements, and a lot more players were recruited to OAFC from St Peters but you don't seem to be able to hold them..Tom Stach, Jak Wardley ( All Mc Kinnon College kids) the list goes on..
Standard wise the way you blokes are going you would be beaten by most SFL Div 2 clubs and perhaps 1 or 2 3rd Div clubs with definitely what I saw 2 Saturdays ago at Carrum, they would smash OAFC. But sounds like you are already planning for D Grade and the local derbys against traditional rivals Bulleen, Williamstown, Yarra Valley and Whitefriars... With Dave Robbins coaching the under 19's you have a chance of retaining the under 19's in 2015 and you would be smart to elevate him to the top job soon...

Where did I say Hine went to De La, throwing names around !
I think you are replying to the wrong person. By the way Allen was an Ormond C grade premiership player in 08

Sorry Bedford my apologies. Was meant to reply to Persepctive as he was claiming some people as being born and bred Ormond kids when that was not the case. Has since been corrected.

Yes I rember Allan from that G & F. Was still a school boy and playing TAC cup as well.

Well all that you have done is confirm the exodus from the club in recent years.. Just because they all go to Mc Kinnon does not mean they will stay at OAFC that has been proved with Steet and Mc Carthy's. Oh Steet was from St Pauls was he ?? He was from St Peters actually.. Steet, Mc Carthys,Clements, and a lot more players were recruited to OAFC from St Peters but you don't seem to be able to hold them..Tom Stach, Jak Wardley ( All Mc Kinnon College kids) the list goes on..
Standard wise the way you blokes are going you would be beaten by most SFL Div 2 clubs and perhaps 1 or 2 3rd Div clubs with definitely what I saw 2 Saturdays ago at Carrum, they would smash OAFC. But sounds like you are already planning for D Grade and the local derbys against traditional rivals Bulleen, Williamstown, Yarra Valley and Whitefriars... With Dave Robbins coaching the under 19's you have a chance of retaining the under 19's in 2015 and you would be smart to elevate him to the top job soon...
Fair dinkum , go back to the SFL thread and stop worrying about Ormond, its not your business. Don't worry you will be found out, already on to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rooster just using De La as an example of higher up the ladder teams that attract the Ormond kids. The problem is that players like Matt Hine and Tim Allan played for Ormond in the juniors from under 9's through to seniors then when Ormond struggle they go and play with their old school side which is absolutely natural these days but it doesn't help the district clubs. If OAFC could keep their players including those 2 along with Trav Hine, Elkman, Dureau, Willis ( although many do not like him)Toolongs, Steet ( premiership player with St Pauls) the Mc Carthys, and the list goes on then they definitely would not be second last in C Grade. Turnover seems quite high at OAFC maybe it is the same at every club but just seems high at OAFC..I agree with you that every VAFA club loses players to cashed up suburban clubs but Ormond seem to lose more..Even blokes like Keleher and the Deledio's have gone. Tim Allan was provided employment by a past Oafc champ yet when he doesn't play at the Pies plays for De La....

Fair enough mate but perhaps do you homework before throwing names around. Hine went to Mc Kinnon Sec not De La. Came to De La through mates and desire to play in a higher grade. Ormond was not his first junior club either. Allan was playing in the TAC/VFL by 2008/09 and was only an occasional player at Ormond, as he is it De La. Tolongs was a De La U19 player before he landed at Ormond. He was actually a Murrumbeena Junior, as was Daniel Willis. Steet, McCarty, Clements and some of the others who departed at the same time were all St Peters Juniors, not Ormond. In the case of McCarthy and Steet they had family connections to St Pauls so not surprises there. Point being player’s come and go. Ormond, like other clubs, recruit some and lose some. Swings and roundabouts.

Ormond have lost some good players but I guarantee plenty of other clubs have been hit harder. Our clubs has 28 blokes who played senior football in 2013 not playing this season for various reasons. 8 of the top 10 in last years B & F gone and most to paying leagues. Just have to dust yourself off and do the best with what you have. The people I know at Ormond certainly have a positive attitude and are dealing with things as best they can. If that means a re-build in D1 then so be it but they will be back again.

Bedford you will not get Tim Allan back if you cant spell his name correctly.. Why when he is striving to carve out a career nominate his "back to home" club as Ormond?? For his sake surely he would be best to nominate DLS??

Rooster are you serious 8 of the top 10 gone from your club ??? what club??

Realise this is a ‘C’ section thread but to answer your question the club is De La Salle. To add credibility to the statement here are the 8:

J Williams C’Wood
Pickett Bairnsdale
Haslem Southport
Baxter traveling
Hine Mansfield
Semmel Rye
Vickers Bairnsdale
Nick Roberts Meeniyan

The only 2 from last year top 10 in the B & F playing in 2014 are Tom Humphrey and Jake Gotch. As well as the ‘guns’ departurting we have lost plenty of other senior players so the clubs depth has been hammered.

Has been bloody tough but lots of clubs in the same boat. Just re-adjust your goals and get on with it.

Rooster thank you for that, apologies to all, sounds like it is a problem across all VAFA clubs - apologies to you Bedford.

Reported players
Dermot Cleary - Oakleigh
Andrew Khallouf - PEGs

Witnesses
Dermot Cleary - Oakleigh
Andrew Khallouf - PEGs

TV Ringside.

Who won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back