C Section Premier C - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm! Champion teams are anywhere, anytime, any conditions teams. Their form might vary a little according to conditions, but not to the extent of HRs in such a short time. And I'm confident Uncle Mick won't be using that as an excuse.

AM, if you are stating to everyone as per your initial comment that HR can't handle the wet or the cold, then that is an issue between you, Uncle Mick and others.
As for your last comment, I'd be interested to know how much experience you've had with premiership teams. I've seen tall, marking teams languish mid season then power to a flag. I've seen small, running teams get bogged down mid season but flourish when it counts. Some teams win all year and others create momentum. Which is better? It doesn't matter whether you handles the wet, or the wind or not - it never records the season's ups or downs next to a premiership.
Your original comment to HR? At best, I presume it was a poor attempt at humour between comrades. At worst, it was stupid.

AM, if you are stating to everyone as per your initial comment that HR can't handle the wet or the cold, then that is an issue between you, Uncle Mick and others.
As for your last comment, I'd be interested to know how much experience you've had with premiership teams. I've seen tall, marking teams languish mid season then power to a flag. I've seen small, running teams get bogged down mid season but flourish when it counts. Some teams win all year and others create momentum. Which is better? It doesn't matter whether you handles the wet, or the wind or not - it never records the season's ups or downs next to a premiership.
Your original comment to HR? At best, I presume it was a poor attempt at humour between comrades. At worst, it was stupid.
I really shouldn't bother responding to your inanity. But here goes for the last time as my post was directed to Uncle Mick not you and I don't quite know why you felt the need to stick your nose in.

I would have thought even a Primary School student would have got my reference to the wet etc as being jocular. Apparently even the smiley I included didn't click with you.

I'm not going down the football experience path other than to say I'm more than satisfied with my record.

As for your post comparing horses with football teams. Well........

Of course match committees are cognisant of conditions as they are with match ups and all manner of things in team selection. And the on-field personnel can affect the result of games to a degree as can conditions et al. Really doesn't bear remarking upon. My question to UNCLE MICK put affably and with a sense of humour was why the MARKED change in outcome within a week.

Frankly, I'm interested in his response as his first-hand experience as both an insider and coach is of way more interest than your unwelcome and, candidly, puerile intervention.

It's a strong rumour travelling around the inner east, Uncle Mick.
As for Parkside as a potential entrant, really??

Rissoles, just that at the moment - a rumour. A lot of water to pass under the bridge. It has been talked about as a possibility but a long way from occurring.
Obviously the club are struggling at the moment as we have lost 17 senior players from last year. We have a large numbers of 19's which is great, however, getting nos for ressies is a real struggle. We have superules now which makes it harder for the 2's as those who would normally play are now playing in over 35s.
90% of our players are tradies. In this tough economic climate, they would rather work on a Sat morning than travel 45mins - 1 hour to play Hampton, Ormond, Parkdale, Peninsula, Monash, Oakleigh.
All clubs go through it, 4 years ago we had 4 teams and won 2 flags and a runners up. We have been apart of the ammos since 1979, so there is a strong bond with the ammos. The club will make a decision on what' best for the club. In 2015 we will be apart of the ammos unless something drastic occurs.

I really shouldn't bother responding to your inanity. But here goes for the last time as my post was directed to Uncle Mick not you and I don't quite know why you felt the need to stick your nose in.

I would have thought even a Primary School student would have got my reference to the wet etc as being jocular. Apparently even the smiley I included didn't click with you.

I'm not going down the football experience path other than to say I'm more than satisfied with my record.

As for your post comparing horses with football teams. Well........

Of course match committees are cognisant of conditions as they are with match ups and all manner of things in team selection. And the on-field personnel can affect the result of games to a degree as can conditions et al. Really doesn't bear remarking upon. My question to UNCLE MICK put affably and with a sense of humour was why the MARKED change in outcome within a week.

Frankly, I'm interested in his response as his first-hand experience as both an insider and coach is of way more interest than your unwelcome and, candidly, puerile intervention.

Firstly, AM, inanity is a descriptive noun and should not be used at the end of a sentence.
Be that as it may, I accept your original comment as a very poor attempt at jocularity and humour.
By the way, I would take issue at any comment, attempted humour or otherwise, that questioned any team's performance.
End of story.

Rissoles, just that at the moment - a rumour. A lot of water to pass under the bridge. It has been talked about as a possibility but a long way from occurring.
Obviously the club are struggling at the moment as we have lost 17 senior players from last year. We have a large numbers of 19's which is great, however, getting nos for ressies is a real struggle. We have superules now which makes it harder for the 2's as those who would normally play are now playing in over 35s.
90% of our players are tradies. In this tough economic climate, they would rather work on a Sat morning than travel 45mins - 1 hour to play Hampton, Ormond, Parkdale, Peninsula, Monash, Oakleigh.
All clubs go through it, 4 years ago we had 4 teams and won 2 flags and a runners up. We have been apart of the ammos since 1979, so there is a strong bond with the ammos. The club will make a decision on what' best for the club. In 2015 we will be apart of the ammos unless something drastic occurs.

Thanks for the true update, oldtimer. I wish you all strength with your efforts into the future. As an old bugger, I can even remember the tussles I enjoyed against Banyule and the pleasurable after match convivials. I hope you can find a way through the current impediments. Banyule has always been a respected opponent and your Bearcave has always been met with some intrepidation.

I know Banyule has flown the Amateur flag strongly in an area of mercenary football surrounding your Club and I strongly applaud your efforts. I hope you will continue to offer amateur football in your area, oldtimer, and hope you prevail.

Sounds like I've missed plenty. No excuses out of the Boss. Dirty dirty day. Those inconsistencies don't get picked apart so easily in D1.

Hampton Rovers vs. Marcellin
Monash Blues vs. Parkdale Vultures
Old Camberwell vs. Banyule
P E G S vs. Peninsula
Oakleigh vs. Ormond

Hampton Rovers thrashed ladder leader Marcellin by 69 points at Boss James Reserve today in wet conditions, with the Eagles kicking 2 goals for the whole game.

Hampton Rovers thrashed ladder leader Marcellin by 69 points at Boss James Reserve today in wet conditions, with the Eagles kicking 2 goals for the whole game.
Don't go getting ahead of yourself now Jase. You guys were apparently average the previous week.

Good for the comp to see an evening up with the make-up of the final 4 still quite open.

Not sure the same can be said for the 2 teams to be relegated though.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't know.
Ormond absolutely shot, will get about 8 a graders back after the break, but its all too late. But mark my words we will be back.

Is there anyone on here from Marcellin that can confirm the rift in the playing group? Fair old rumour circulating that could prematurely end their season.

Would not want to miss promotion again.

It would be good for us next year, would at least make one team close to Pine Lodge.

Max "GPS" Leader

Is there anyone on here from Marcellin that can confirm the rift in the playing group? Fair old rumour circulating that could prematurely end their season.

Not from Marc camp, but know Freemantle well and no rift. A few to come back after the break. No panic stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back