C Section Premier C - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what its worth, i suppose we will have to agree to disagree but i think it is disrespectful to suggest that a team that is yet to be promoted in C grade is in a better position than a A grade team that is yet to be relegated. But just my thoughts I could be wrong...... i also find it disrespectful to call someone a chump, but again just my thoughts i could be wrong.

He might've meant champ rather than chump, FWIW....
By the way, Bedford, who gave Perspective a nice pill?
I hope Ormond's bandwagon has got plenty of wheels - he seems to have jumped back on with a thud!

Thanks Uncle, HR have had plenty of changes too, might just say that the depth is better based upon results.HR a good solid club, would have them anytime in preference to St Bedes.

To use those immortal words – surely you cannot be serious? A ridiculous comment that highlights your lack of knowledge about this competition. While they have not been without their battles this year to say that a ‘C’ grade club (no disrespect Mick) is traveling better is absurd.

St Bedes have beaten Scotch and Xavs this year, 2 teams likely to play ‘A’ grade finals and they lost by a kick to 2nd placed St Bernards. They have lost a handful of close games which, had they gone the other way, would have them sitting comfortably mid table. They have played an extraordinary number of current or graduating U19s, probably more than any other ‘A’ grade clubs and have some real diamonds in that lot.

I have not seen an ‘A’ grade comp with this much depth for years and unlike recent seasons there is no guaranteed wins. If they do get relegated and manage to retain most of their current list they will be straight back up. Thinking what the Richards and Tyquin brothers, Robertson, Kean, Barnes etc would do in ‘B’ grade is scary.

I have not seen an ‘A’ grade comp with this much depth for years and unlike recent seasons there is no guaranteed wins. If they do get relegated and manage to retain most of their current list they will be straight back up. Thinking what the Richards and Tyquin brothers, Robertson, Kean, Barnes etc would do in ‘B’ grade is scary.

People would have said the same about OC with players of the caliber of MM, Howatt, Freemantle, Rice Smithwick and Roach. They are not guaranteed of returning.

All B Grade Teams have days when they can beat anyone, and any team coming down from A Grade will have to be on their game. Blues lost to two of the lower ranked teams (Maz were on their way up).

Max "Fingers Crossed" Leader

People would have said the same about OC with players of the caliber of MM, Howatt, Freemantle, Rice Smithwick and Roach. They are not guaranteed of returning.

All B Grade Teams have days when they can beat anyone, and any team coming down from A Grade will have to be on their game. Blues lost to two of the lower ranked teams (Maz were on their way up).

Max "Fingers Crossed" Leader

True Max and based on what I saw of them last year I would not have tipped them for an immediate return to the top grade (although I must say on current positions you would be silly to back against it)

Carey’s depth was horrendous. Don’t think their ressies saluted once in 2013. St Bedes 2014 are a substantially better unit than Carey 2013 and to suggest they are worse off than a ‘C’ grade club (albeit a well performing one) is simply ludicrous.

Players used:
Banyule - 38
Hampton Rovers - 51
Marcellin - 35
Monash Blues - 34
Oakleigh - 41
Old Camberwell - 45
Ormond - 50
PEGS - 38
Parkdale - 46
Peninsula - 40
Hate to say it Mick but any top four spot represents a great achievement for your mob given those extraordinary numbers. 51 players used would generally put a side nearer the bottom than the top.

He might've meant champ rather than chump, FWIW....
By the way, Bedford, who gave Perspective a nice pill?
I hope Ormond's bandwagon has got plenty of wheels - he seems to have jumped back on with a thud!
Rissoles I am not on or off any bandwagon I simply call it as I see it, you and many may disagree but like you am entitled to an opinion and you have the opportunity to respond. I have always respected the likes of Bedford who work hard for the club and now a good President is in place the place will change.I don't respect apathy and you not knowing fully the financial assistance I have provided the club over many many years do not understand the reason behind me getting annoyed when they lose money.

Rissoles I am not on or off any bandwagon I simply call it as I see it, you and many may disagree but like you am entitled to an opinion and you have the opportunity to respond. I have always respected the likes of Bedford who work hard for the club and now a good President is in place the place will change.I don't respect apathy and you not knowing fully the financial assistance I have provided the club over many many years do not understand the reason behind me getting annoyed when they lose money.
Fantastic that you have been a financial supporter of the club.

Perhaps airing some of the pejorative stuff on a forum isn't in the clubs best interests though.

Interesting to note that the Northern Football League have an U19 league that is actually Under 19. That might help the Banyule boys retaining their players rather than jumping from U17 to U20 which is what the VAFA is. When oh when are the VAFA going to factually call the current underage competitions as U19 and U20. If you can be 19 or under on the 1st July, then you are playing U20 football!
Read this weeks A/F editorial and please share your thoughts with the rest of us.

Bedford not all contributions are done with a fanfare. But if that is the way you think ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably and they are the best, having said that your canteen is sensational and the people that work in it are the same, great stuff
Im surprised there would be any hotdogs left at any canteen if you are around Bedford. Well Bedford again you have not done your homework not all contributions are donations some are for work done for free that would normally cost ie: in kind. Think about it big shorts and when the penny finally drops I may blame you when I start charging the club for your disrespect. It is time for me to sign off for a while and allow you to enjoy the preparation for D grade.

Im surprised there would be any hotdogs left at any canteen if you are around Bedford. Well Bedford again you have not done your homework not all contributions are donations some are for work done for free that would normally cost ie: in kind. Think about it big shorts and when the penny finally drops I may blame you when I start charging the club for your disrespect. It is time for me to sign off for a while and allow you to enjoy the preparation for D grade.

#withfriendslikethis

Seriously, what passionate club person would remove their support based on what someone said on the internet.

Permanently would be preferable.

Read this weeks A/F editorial and please share your thoughts with the rest of us.

Demonstrate, I applaud Michael Sholly devoting his editorial in this week's Amateur Footballer to airing some serious issues that the VAFA has to address for the future.
What every senior football league has to address is meaningful and attractive pathways for footballers from junior to senior competitions.
Too many falsely assume that the feed from juniors automatically happens. AFL has the reported the continuation of increasing numbers in Auskick but they do not continue through to senior football. No-one seems to want to keep stats on how many kids drop off, perhaps because it is a disturbing figure.
I know for a fact that through my experience as a former President and coach of U17 teams that we lose a heap of kids to senior football.
We have to respect the wants and needs of these kids and give them pathways they will embrace.
The Yarra Junior Football League is the biggest junior league in Victoria. They have an U14, U15 and U17 competition.
They structure their U17 competitions based on teams that are predominantly lower age or predominantly higher age.
I'm aware that the VAFA has a large number of 'old boy' clubs who are affiliated with their private schools. Most of those boys leave U17 and play 1sts or 2nds or 3rds with their schools in their final year. How many others are there that didn't play for their school that choose not play after U17?
Their are also a lot more kids that are at government schools that finish because they don't see an immediate pathway.
They wait and see and then don't go on with the game.
In my view and experience, the VAFA needs to have a true U18 competition and a true U20 competition in order to attract the best possible number of under age players. I believe that these two 'junior' VAFA competitions would not only provide a logical feed for the 'traditional' amateur players but, more importantly attract the 'other' junior players to VAFA with an attractive pathway.
Our responsibilty as amateur footballers should be to develop meaningful and realistic pathways for kids to enjoy senior football in whatever grade.

Demonstrate, I applaud Michael Sholly devoting his editorial in this week's Amateur Footballer to airing some serious issues that the VAFA has to address for the future.
What every senior football league has to address is meaningful and attractive pathways for footballers from junior to senior competitions.
Too many falsely assume that the feed from juniors automatically happens. AFL has the reported the continuation of increasing numbers in Auskick but they do not continue through to senior football. No-one seems to want to keep stats on how many kids drop off, perhaps because it is a disturbing figure.
I know for a fact that through my experience as a former President and coach of U17 teams that we lose a heap of kids to senior football.
We have to respect the wants and needs of these kids and give them pathways they will embrace.
The Yarra Junior Football League is the biggest junior league in Victoria. They have an U14, U15 and U17 competition.
They structure their U17 competitions based on teams that are predominantly lower age or predominantly higher age.
I'm aware that the VAFA has a large number of 'old boy' clubs who are affiliated with their private schools. Most of those boys leave U17 and play 1sts or 2nds or 3rds with their schools in their final year. How many others are there that didn't play for their school that choose not play after U17?
Their are also a lot more kids that are at government schools that finish because they don't see an immediate pathway.
They wait and see and then don't go on with the game.
In my view and experience, the VAFA needs to have a true U18 competition and a true U20 competition in order to attract the best possible number of under age players. I believe that these two 'junior' VAFA competitions would not only provide a logical feed for the 'traditional' amateur players but, more importantly attract the 'other' junior players to VAFA with an attractive pathway.
Our responsibilty as amateur footballers should be to develop meaningful and realistic pathways for kids to enjoy senior football in whatever grade.
Good,expectation now would be that given your experience in past roles of various magnitude,that the current club executives and the VAFA be allowed to develop your sentiments without intervention from the past representatives.

Just about eat my shirt if the home sides don't get up tomorrow. Oakleigh never to be taken lightly though. They have a good record against our boys when it matters. Got the better of us a couple of times in 2007 of which one still burns in the guts. It would be nice to ensure an end to their season come tomorrow afternoon.

Hampton Rovers vs Oakleigh
Monash Blues vs Ormond
Parkdale vs Peninsula
Marcellin vs Banyule
PEGS vs Old Camberwell

Good,expectation now would be that given your experience in past roles of various magnitude,that the current club executives and the VAFA be allowed to develop your sentiments without intervention from the past representatives.

If it hadn't been for the raising of this issue by people with actual experience and interest, current club executives and the VAFA would still be sitting on their hands.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back