C Section Premier C - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it hadn't been for the raising of this issue by people with actual experience and interest, current club executives and the VAFA would still be sitting on their hands.....
Completely understandable and agreed that raising issues of good intention be seen as credit where due, probably best be left to the existing hierarchy to evolve.I feel sure you would also agree, ranting about them serves no good purpose.

A rant is an argument that is fueled by passion, not shaped by facts. When the shouting starts on talk radio, or when a blog commenter resorts to ALL CAPS — you're almost certainly encountering an instance of ranting.

Rant comes from the Dutch ranten, "to talk nonsense." Rave is a close synonym — in fact, "to rant and rave" is a popular expression. When rant is used as a noun, it means something like tirade. The first recorded usage of rant is from the end of the sixteenth century, in Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor. By the middle of the turbulent seventeenth century, the name Ranters was used as a catchall pejorative for various groups of radical Christian dissenters.
For reference when/if required !

Round 17 Tips:-

I agree, Uncle Mick, all home games on paper. Forecast for Saturday is light winds and partly cloudy. That should mean about 40kph winds for PEGS at Keilor Park. The Pirates should've buried Old Camberwell last week with 12 shots to 2 in the first quarter, only to then let OC kick 9 goals to nil in the last. That was a game they had to win at home by plenty to get their percentage up. I'll have to stick with the Vultures at home.

Hampton Rovers vs Oakleigh
Monash Blues vs Ormond
Parkdale vs Peninsula
Marcellin vs Banyule
PEGS vs Old Camberwell

A rant is an argument that is fueled by passion, not shaped by facts. When the shouting starts on talk radio, or when a blog commenter resorts to ALL CAPS — you're almost certainly encountering an instance of ranting.

Rant comes from the Dutch ranten, "to talk nonsense." Rave is a close synonym — in fact, "to rant and rave" is a popular expression. When rant is used as a noun, it means something like tirade. The first recorded usage of rant is from the end of the sixteenth century, in Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor. By the middle of the turbulent seventeenth century, the name Ranters was used as a catchall pejorative for various groups of radical Christian dissenters.
For reference when/if required !

Demonstrate, I've never been particularly interested in reacting to preaching or being told to butt out from an anonymous person on a forum. Rest assured, I will be keeping a close eye on developments or the lack of them.

Demonstrate, I've never been particularly interested in reacting to preaching or being told to butt out from an anonymous person on a forum. Rest assured, I will be keeping a close eye on developments or the lack of them.
No doubt,
No preaching or butt outs intended purely a request to consider some problems.
From reading your considered recent posts I assume you would like to see a U18 and U20 competition as a pathway for kids.If yes some problems-
In April 2014 5 teams made up the competition for U18 and in your words not a true u18 ie. because kids born on/post 1/7/of the relative year are eligible.How does reducing the age criteria a further six months increase the chance of including enough teams to form a u18 competition?
Just say for the sake of common sense that 8 clubs do get a u18 team up-
Then consider we have a true under twenty comp.ie allowing kids born in January etc.-more problems !
The clubs that cant field 18s now have the younger ones playing against young men six months older than currently exists ie. a bigger void.
How does this assist the majority of young blokes transition from juniors to U/age seniors ?

Today's games:
Hampton Rovers - Oakleigh
Monash Blues - Ormond
Parkdale - Peninsula
Marcellin - Banyule
PEGS - Old Camberwell

Make that 167 thanks to Sandy F ing Dragons
More faith bedford.:)
2e4xlk5.jpg

So the top 4-Marcellin, Hampton Rovers, Monash, Parkdale Vultures-are now locked in. With the exception of Marcellin who are now minor premiers, positions 2-4 is now undecided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Home teams except that Oakleigh will beat Rovers to keep things interesting for another week.

Not quite, les. Although the margin flattered our boys. Felt a lot closer than 40+ for the majority of the game. Few junk time goals at the end.
Another great effort from a felatively young side. Martyn, Corp, Ting, Devereaux & Pinto a few handy names to come back in over the next few weeks.

Ormond vs PEGS - Monders to go out with a bit of pride.
Peninsula vs Marcellin - Pirates have fallen in a heap
Banyule vs Parkdale - teams 1, 2 & 3 will be looking over their shoulder. 20+ goals in their last 3 outings.
Old Camberwell vs Hampton Rovers - doing enough and should do again with some big names returning.
Oakleigh vs Monash Blues - minor upset. Honourable 5th place finish for the Krushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back