C Section Premier C - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't meant to be disrespectful, ML. Simply pointing out they had an ordinary year and that it would be expected a side looking to play in a Grand Final would get over that hurdle.

Wasn't meant to be disrespectful, ML. Simply pointing out they had an ordinary year and that it would be expected a side looking to play in a Grand Final would get over that hurdle.
UJM

Good luck for tomorrow.

Obviously the team that they had in against Banyule was less than good, but I agree that it is surprising that they made it all the way through.

Marcellin must still be in shock.

Max "Happy not to have to travel to Boss or Vultures grounds during 2015" Leader

You wonder what more Marcellin have to do to a) gain promotion and b) be premiers. Noticing in the Amateur Footballer, that loss to Parkdale Vultures was the Eagles's 5th finals loss in a row.

You wonder what more Marcellin have to do to a) gain promotion and b) be premiers. Noticing in the Amateur Footballer, that loss to Parkdale Vultures was the Eagles's 5th finals loss in a row.
Your attention should be focused 100% on tomorrow Jase.

Hopefully it'll be a disappointing start to the day for you. Go Monders!!!!!!:)

Congratulations to both clubs on making the grand final and gaining promotion for next season.
Grand Final.
Hampton Rovers
- Parkdale Vultures

If ever there was a need to end the argument about serving alcohol at VAFA games once and for all take a look at what happened in a neighboring comps grand final today. An all in blue at half time between one clubs drunken supporters and opposition players. Escalated down the player’s race and into the rooms. Several players KO’d. Spot fires everywhere, game called off, police attended and investigating several complaints of assault...... The league in disgrace.

One of the teams involved was one that a dear friend of the ‘C’ grade board likes to promote. Will be interested in his Perspective of the that competition now. Bedford’s pet name for this particular competition seems very much on the money today.

BTW well done to the Rovers and good luck to them and the Vultures in B grade. Some pretty handy players running around in Prem B’ at the moment. With Blues and Carey going up, Ivanhoe going down, St Bedes and Brighton coming in it is very much a southeast competition.

Not good Rooster 24. We got reports of what happened in another venue. Gives a bad name to the comp and two clubs have managed to tar the rest. Disappointing. Well done to the Rovers on the flag and to Parky on promotion. Two good bayside clubs.

I know this is not an SFL forum but the no alcohol policy of the VAFA does attract some criticism and is in fact the subject of much mirth amongst other comps. But what happened today at Heatherton confirms that the VAFA are on the right track with is one. My mail came from someone at the ground and they reckon it is bad as anything they have seen in 40 plus years of watching local footy. Sadly an own goal for the SFL who have made considerable ground in recent seasons. This really sets them back which is a shame for the people who have worked hard to clean it up.

John Dillon, the late Noel Rundle, Peter French and the rest of the VAFA Executive/Board who made the big call-in fact one of the biggest decisions ever made in VAFA history-in 1983 to ban all alcohol consumption during VAFA games must be fully vindicated after the disgraceful incidents in the SFL Division 3 Grand Final today.

John Dillon, the late Noel Rundle, Peter French and the rest of the VAFA Executive/Board who made the big call-in fact one of the biggest decisions ever made in VAFA history-in 1983 to ban all alcohol consumption during VAFA games must be fully vindicated after the disgraceful incidents in the SFL Division 3 Grand Final today.
Don't get distracted by stuff extraneous to this thread Jase.

Celebrate a terrific year by your club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get distracted by stuff extraneous to this thread Jase.

Celebrate a terrific year by your club.
I know, but it's very rare to see a grand final abandoned at half time due to violence. In regards to the grand final today, give full credit to Parkdale Vultures for the way they fought back in the third qtr to send a few shivers down the spines of the Rovers supporters. The Rovers were able to regain their composure to win back-to-back flags for the first time since 1946/47. One question: could the Rovers do the three-peat in 2015 Premier B?

I know, but it's very rare to see a grand final abandoned at half time due to violence. In regards to the grand final today, give full credit to Parkdale Vultures for the way they fought back in the third qtr to send a few shivers down the spines of the Rovers supporters. The Rovers were able to regain their composure to win back-to-back flags for the first time since 1946/47. One question: could the Rovers do the three-peat in 2015 Premier B?
If someone wants to start a conversation about what occurred in another comp then open a thread. Mean spirited to rain on your parade in this thread.

In answer to your question Jase, it's possible as St Bedes showed a few years back.

You've clearly got some talent coming through the juniors as your decisive win in the under 19s illustrated. You have a more than useful addition in Corp returning next year too. And the links your club is forging with Sandringham is another positive.

Holding on to the majority of your list will be important too.

Not a bad coaching effort by Guy Martyn (aided by Owie no doubt). Two years of coaching and two flags. Snagged 6 today too.

If someone wants to start a conversation about what occurred in another comp then open a thread. Mean spirited to rain on your parade in this thread.

In answer to your question Jase, it's possible as St Bedes showed a few years back.

You've clearly got some talent coming through the juniors as your decisive win in the under 19s illustrated. You have a more than useful addition in Corp returning next year too. And the links your club is forging with Sandringham is another positive.

Holding on to the majority of your list will be important too.

Not a bad coaching effort by Guy Martyn (aided by Owie no doubt). Two years of coaching and two flags. Snagged 6 today too.

Was a great post on a topic relevant to the VAFA and proves what a great community competition we have. Post also showed due respect and acknowledgement to the grand final combatants.

I for one will be interested in what response the C grade board agitator comes up with. If a great Rovers man like Jase feels inclined to comment then good on him. Rissoles & Rooster are the best contributors to the VAFA boards for mine. Thoroughly enjoy their comments so keep it coming.

What's the standard of Premier B games like this year as opposed to Premier C matches. I'm planning to watch some Premier B games on the VAFATV service to get an idea of the standard of Premier B.

Bad luck yesterday, bedford. Sensational effort by our boys. 19s turned at 3-6 and went on to win 12 straight to secure the flag.

Full credit to Parky in the late game. HR burst out of the blocks to which Parkdale slowly crept back into it before we pushed it out to about 8 goals. Last few minutes of the 2nd and all of the 3rd was relentless Parkdale attack. Had they not wasted some easy chances it could have been a different story. Thankfully they did and whilst both sides were still going as hard they could in the last it looked a very tired affair for much of the quarter. 3 goals to 1 was enough to seal it.

Curious to know when the last time 4 senior VAFA teams went back to back in the same year. With us, Kew and Northern along with Therry being a good chance today, it would seem like a unique result.

Thanks UM, great effort by Rovers, such a well run club. No excuses for our kids, but I think they went in to celebration mode after the 2nd semi. How bad were the boundary umps, had to come in 15 m and then could only thow it another 10, not good enough for a GF

What's the standard of Premier B games like this year as opposed to Premier C matches. I'm planning to watch some Premier B games on the VAFATV service to get an idea of the standard of Premier B.
Jase, your Rovers looked very slick at times yesterday, they will be fine in Premier B next year.
Parky on the other hand have a lot of work to do.
In regards to grog at games, I saw 250 people getting drunk at the Sandy game yesterday upstairs all day.

Last edited:
Agree with much of what Brian said, Jase.

You will be very competitive with the team you had on the park this year. Blend in some of the juniors and add a gun like Corp and who knows.

In regards to the Rovers Under 19s, can anyone recall a team-any team, not just the Rovers Under 19s-that was 3-6 after Round 9, go 9-0 in the second half of the season, win all three finals in comprehensive fashion and ultimately be premiers?

I know this is not an SFL forum but the no alcohol policy of the VAFA does attract some criticism and is in fact the subject of much mirth amongst other comps. But what happened today at Heatherton confirms that the VAFA are on the right track with is one. My mail came from someone at the ground and they reckon it is bad as anything they have seen in 40 plus years of watching local footy. Sadly an own goal for the SFL who have made considerable ground in recent seasons. This really sets them back which is a shame for the people who have worked hard to clean it up.
Rooster and the other blokes wishing to take a swipe, please go ahead and swipe hard as whilst Roosters "source" is a bit off the money in terms of the extent of the incident, there was nothing in the rooms and 2 people were treated for bad face cuts, no ko"s. it is a disgrace and I eat a very very large piece of humble pie, I thought from what I had seen over my journeys that they the SFL had made significant inroads into behaviour in fact when I visited a number of VAFA, MPNFL and SFL games this year there was little diff between crowd behaviour. but this incident puts them back at below square one. What this does is not just smash the reputation that the SFL was slowly starting to develop but it also impacts on footy generally. And whilst Rooster you consider my posts off the mark and unresearched and I consider you pompous and inaccurate it doesn't change the fact that the SFL have let themselves down badly and also footy to a degree. Alcohol fuelled this incident not surprisingly and whilst the MPNFL allow alcohol and the VAFA have alcohol served during the game at Sandy upstairs during finals the SFL should review the policy to not allow alcohol to be sold in the ground. Recipe for disaster.

I am sorry for the likes of Mc Dougall and Holsworth that saved the SFL they worked hard for nothing it would appear.

So I apologise for trying to promote the SFL in your VAFA eyes the SFL did not deserve it and I take my medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back