Premier C 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW never thought I would see the day where Therry beat PEGS, but here we are......

Short memory FWIW.
The year PEGS got promotion to Premier C in 2000, Therry won the Premier B flag.
Unfortunately 2005-2012 the Lions collapsed a bit, but they've spent more years in Premier B than in any other Division. Proud club, deserving of a spot in the VAFA's top 30 at minimum.
Don't have the funds or school backing as PEGS does, which makes their past 2.5 years even more impressive.

Short memory FWIW.
The year PEGS got promotion to Premier C in 2000, Therry won the Premier B flag.
Unfortunately 2005-2012 the Lions collapsed a bit, but they've spent more years in Premier B than in any other Division. Proud club, deserving of a spot in the VAFA's top 30 at minimum.
Don't have the funds or school backing as PEGS does, which makes their past 2.5 years even more impressive.

FWIW gee whiz I would have thought 15 years was longer than short term, we might as well throw Aspendale & State Bank in the conversation then......I remember fondly playing Therry in A Section I am aware of their history and it's great they're back to C, but more recently PEGS were seen as a club on the rise and in Premier while you were inside D2.
It is a crack at PEGS more than at the Bannisters I mean Therry. Good luck for the year I hope you consolidate this year your win on the weekend goes along way in doing that.

Short memory FWIW.

Mazenod def Brighton to win the B Section flag in 2000.
Therry got relegated from B in 2000 if my memory serves correctly.

Short memory FWIW.

PEGS have school backing?? You may want to let the school and the footy club know this.

Which is the best of the current Premier C Clubs at turning up to the post game?
As much a part of the Ammos culture as losing players to a mid-year trip abroad.

Mazenod def Brighton to win the B Section flag in 2000.
Therry got relegated from B in 2000 if my memory serves correctly.
Short memory FWIW.
PEGS promotion in 2000 - was Ludderschmidt captain? Old Essendon back then as I recall. Very solid team, with an ex-AFL listed bloke on the wing who could certainly play also. Lost GF in extra time to Caulfield perhaps. It's all getting hazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love all the comments going down memory lane, but it's te present we are about today:

Monash Blues vs PEGS
Therry Penola vs Williamstown
Peninsula
vs Old Camberwell
Old Haileybury vs Marcellin
Oakleigh vs Old Ivanhoe

Last edited:
I know its early on but we could be seeing the grand final preview this weekend between OH and Marcellin, both teams have look good early

I know its early on but we could be seeing the grand final preview this weekend between OH and Marcellin, both teams have look good early
G'day guys, long time reader, first time poster.

OI have been good early, would have them before either of these teams

PEGS have 15 players under age of 22 playing today. Huge task against Monash. Livori gone to play in sydney due to work, lost pound the captain last year , Flaherty is living in WA for work, Forrest is overseas. Few other 200 gamers out with injury, won't name. They have lost 3-4 top 5 best and fairest from last year. Anyway as I eluded to, 15 players under 22 playing today.
Tips
Monash
Willy
Peninsula
Marcellin
Oakleigh

The only thing more boring than people telling us they have a young list...is.... Actually I can't think of anything.

The only thing more boring than people telling us they have a young list...is.... Actually I can't think of anything.
Just stating facts. Not easy losing 4 of top 5 b&f players in a year and losing leading goal kicker in C grade last yr in Forrest in a season. Let's hope the young kids do the club proud today.

PEGS promotion in 2000 - was Ludderschmidt captain? Old Essendon back then as I recall. Very solid team, with an ex-AFL listed bloke on the wing who could certainly play also. Lost GF in extra time to Caulfield perhaps. It's all getting hazy.
Lutters captain, Drew Fletcher, cousin of Dustin you are referring to. Went D-A 2000-2008.

PEGS have 15 players under age of 22 playing today. Huge task against Monash. Livori gone to play in sydney due to work, lost pound the captain last year , Flaherty is living in WA for work, Forrest is overseas. Few other 200 gamers out with injury, won't name. They have lost 3-4 top 5 best and fairest from last year. Anyway as I eluded to, 15 players under 22 playing today.
Tips
Monash
Willy
Peninsula
Marcellin
Oakleigh
Hoping there's a few of your ressies from last season promoted to plug these gaps. Couple of them need some humility lessons!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back