Premier C 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad way to do it. Ammos coaches get paid massive overs, why not share some of that love and get a few key players.

To be read in conjunction with other VAFA DIVISIONS Div 1 Hedge Fund etc

I think you have all missed the "Hidden Agenda" of the VAFA with this one. The VAFA ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN CREATING A 2 YEAR PATH TO GET NEW TEAMS FROM THE BOTTOM DIVISION TO C GRADE. It currently take 4 promotions to get to C Grade which the VAFA think is too long and a DISINCENTIVE to Eastern Division clubs etc to join the VAFA. The rubbish about umpires/roads in 2020 is just a smoke screen.
If the division 2/3/4 don't fight this it will be the start of the end for some bottom of the rung Div 4 teams. Imagine Chadstone & other lower Div 4 sides playing against division 3 teams who may have been in finals the year before!! there WILL BE BLOW OUTS EVERYWHERE.
This was tried 15 years ago and was a failure so why would it be brought out again? Answer: So that "Better more professional clubs" from other Leagues will enter because it will take just 2 years to get to "Premier Sections" of the VAFA. It will be at the expense of lower grade clubs who is some cases have been the heart and soul of the VAFA for many, many years.
I had to laugh when Mr Goodman said this move would bring more consistency in umpiring [one of 6 key improvements if this goes ahead, noted in the VAFA Club memo we all received]? The AFL are now considering buying apartments near Etihad & The G to improve their umpires!

Big appointments by Monash. If they keep the same list as the two previous years, they will be very hard to beat! Playing coaches and assistant coaches, seems to be a loophole in the ammos to attract quality players. Parkdale did this well in the past!
FWIW there is no loophole, you cannot pay playing assistant coaches full stop.

To be read in conjunction with other VAFA DIVISIONS Div 1 Hedge Fund etc

I think you have all missed the "Hidden Agenda" of the VAFA with this one. The VAFA ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN CREATING A 2 YEAR PATH TO GET NEW TEAMS FROM THE BOTTOM DIVISION TO C GRADE. It currently take 4 promotions to get to C Grade which the VAFA think is too long and a DISINCENTIVE to Eastern Division clubs etc to join the VAFA. The rubbish about umpires/roads in 2020 is just a smoke screen.
If the division 2/3/4 don't fight this it will be the start of the end for some bottom of the rung Div 4 teams. Imagine Chadstone & other lower Div 4 sides playing against division 3 teams who may have been in finals the year before!! there WILL BE BLOW OUTS EVERYWHERE.
This was tried 15 years ago and was a failure so why would it be brought out again? Answer: So that "Better more professional clubs" from other Leagues will enter because it will take just 2 years to get to "Premier Sections" of the VAFA. It will be at the expense of lower grade clubs who is some cases have been the heart and soul of the VAFA for many, many years.
I had to laugh when Mr Goodman said this move would bring more consistency in umpiring [one of 6 key improvements if this goes ahead, noted in the VAFA Club memo we all received]? The AFL are now considering buying apartments near Etihad & The G to improve their umpires!

I love a good conspiracy theory!

Although Chadstone is a bad example as unfortunately they would be up against it if there was a division 5 (not trying to be a smartass)

Yes there will be blow outs, but there were blowouts galore in D2, D3 & D4 this year anyway. You only have to go through the results online for some big scores

When are most c grade teams starting pre season? Thoughts on sessions pre Xmas v starting mid Jan? It's a long season, not a big fan personally of the pre Xmas training. Jan-April still plenty of time to get fit and work on game style plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When are most c grade teams starting pre season? Thoughts on sessions pre Xmas v starting mid Jan? It's a long season, not a big fan personally of the pre Xmas training. Jan-April still plenty of time to get fit and work on game style plan
Agreed! Sides just do it because everyone else is. Whatever happened to cricket in summer and football in winter?

Speaking of OH, was Brewer's resignation club related or due to personal circumstances?
What kind of numbers are most clubs getting to training?30-45 would be standard pre XMAS. I have heard OH numbers to training have been very light on.

Speaking of OH, was Brewer's resignation club related or due to personal circumstances?

I'm a newbie to BF....but from what I have heard, from one of Brewer's mates, is that they have been getting under 10 to training - surely this can't be correct for a C Grade club. If true, they could be in a world of hurt in 2015.

I'm a newbie to BF....but from what I have heard, from one of Brewer's mates, is that they have been getting under 10 to training - surely this can't be correct for a C Grade club. If true, they could be in a world of hurt in 2015.

Double drop?? Surely not a proud club such as them

This would not really surprise. Reserves and U19s have generally battled for numbers and they are a club that has usually relied on a few stars rather than overall depth. Surprising considering they are a massive school.

I am aware of a few departures. Nicolopolous going bush and Collins back to De La to name a couple.

That's disappointing. However there remains plenty of time to straighten things out if they get the right people in place.

My question still remains though. Did Brewer leave for personal reasons or club related reasons? Or was he dispensed with?

This would not really surprise. Reserves and U19s have generally battled for numbers and they are a club that has usually relied on a few stars rather than overall depth. Surprising considering they are a massive school.

I am aware of a few departures. Nicolopolous going bush and Collins back to De La to name a couple.

Mick Meehan to Edi-Asp. Mclaughlan & Weekes also supposedly leaving

Putting up an my early ladder prediction
1. Monash
2. Ivanhoe
3. Caulfield
4. Marcellin
5. Willy
6. Therry
7. Peninsula
8. Pegs
9. OH

Remove this Banner Ad