Remove this Banner Ad

Round 17 Tips:-

Old Ivanhoe vs Old Camberwell
Therry Penola vs Peninsula
Marcellin vs PEGS
Old Haileyburians vs Monash Blues
Oakleigh
vs Williamstown

Is the final four decided or will we have to wait until 5pm on the 29th August to know?

Marcellin vs PEGS
Oakleigh vs Williamstown

Is the final four decided or will we have to wait until 5pm on the 29th August to know?

Me too please.

Final four set.
Relegation is also set imo.

Max "Welcome Mr. Brownless to the Pine" Leader

Marcellin vs PEGS
Oakleigh vs Williamstown

Same for me please. If the results go this way the four is locked as is and Therry and pegs go down.

Interesting that OH have a 10-6 record but a rubbish %. Any theories on this?

Round 17.

Think there is still a twist or turn to play out before the season is settled. The threat of relegation does some strange things to clubs.

Marcellin vs PEGS
Old Haileybury vs Monash Blues
Oakleigh
vs Williamstown

With finals very close, Les has 3 questions:
Do Ivanhoe have the depth to get promoted?
Have Monash improved on the last couple of years enough to win finals games?
Can Marcellin get it done after being the best side yet again all season?

Such good questions. Surely the Eagles go up. Toss of the coin with Blues and OI IMO. Think Monash have improved. % and Ressies suggest Monash are deserving.

Round 18 Tips:-

Williamstown vs Old Ivanhoe
Monash Blues vs Oakleigh
Old Camberwell vs Old Haileyburians
PEGS vs Therry Penola
Peninsula vs Marcellin

Stranger things have happened - especially after researching past history this season.

• the second lowest defeat to Marcellin at their home ground this year was Peninsula who lost by 27 points on 20th June (ironically the lowest defeat to Marcellin at home this season was by Old Camberwell on 2nd May by 14 points.
  • Old Camberwell lost to Old Haileyburians at their ground by 1 solitary point on 30th May.
  • Therry Penola defeated Old Haileyburians by 23 points in Round 15.
  • Both Old Camberwell and Peninsula are playing round 18 at their home grounds.
I reckon the Pirates match up well with Marcellin and the Wellers match up well with Old Haileyburians. It could be an interesting afternoon tomorrow....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as confident as I probably should be with these final round selections as a fe have said, this round does throw up unlikely results;

Round 18.
Williamstown vs Old Ivanhoe
Monash Blues
vs Oakleigh
Old Camberwell vs Old Haileybury
PEGS
vs Therry Penola
Peninsula vs Marcellin

Final Tipping.png

Congratulations to Clint McCoy for winning this year's tipping and preventing my threepeat. Bask in the glory, Clint, because that's all you get!

Best of luck to all teams in the finals. I reckon its Monash & Marcellin by the length of the straight to play B-Grade in 2016.

Congratulations to Clint McCoy for winning this year's tipping and preventing my threepeat. Bask in the glory, Clint, because that's all you get!

Best of luck to all teams in the finals. I reckon its Monash & Marcellin by the length of the straight to play B-Grade in 2016.

Thanks Riss for your efforts. Congrats to Clint for his victory.

Form says yes, but don't be so sure. OI's form at Casey is 2nd to none. Just ask Monash and Marcellin.

Bring on Sunday.

Max "Winter is finally over" Leader

Congratulations Clint
Thanks Rissoles managing the tipping comp.
Marcelin and Monash to go up.
Sorry Max but watching your boys on the weekend when Willy had there weakest side in for the year. Not something I believe was good prep for the finals and a tilt at returning to B grade.

I have throughly enjoyed watching the teams I Prem C, the footy and teams after games have made it enjoyable.

Looking forward to next year all ready.

Thanks Rissoles for managing the tipping comp again this season, and have to agree that many of the results went to order making it a bit easier to get amongst the winners. And thanks to the other tipsters for making it another great comp. So for the weekend think that two teams that lost last wek will bounce back pretty well:
Marcellin vs Monash Blues
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Haileybury

Love finals time and love that my team are right there!

Very difficult to make a case for Haileybury. Suspect the hoes will get hold of them.

Looking forward to the big clash tomorrow. Will be a mighty contest. Monash win the ones but I'll concede the twos to the Eagles. Look for Georgey Smyth to wind back the clock and tear up Casey!! Also check out the Monash tall timber - great potential.

B grade spot for someone tomorrow night. Early 90s was the last time we were there! Spider and grovesy have done a great job with the club - promotion would be a great reward!!! Probably didn't look fantastic early with the loss of last years c grade b&f and a state rep.

Congratulations to Monash, I have thought they were the best team I have watched all year and well deserved good luck in a couple of weeks and in B Grade next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back