Premier C 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to both teams on making it to the grand final and promotion to Premier B for season 2016. Looking for a great finale to the season with both teams playing their best football when it counts. With the rest, can't go past the Blues - Monash Blues vs Old Haileyburians.

Congratulations to both teams on making it to the grand final and promotion to Premier B for season 2016. Looking for a great finale to the season with both teams playing their best football when it counts. With the rest, can't go past the Blues - Monash Blues vs Old Haileyburians.

Clint

I have to agree, plus OH looked a little tired in the last quarter.

If it is windy, game will be close.

Max "Bring on Cricket Season" Leader

Terrific effort by OH to be at the big dance and get promotion. Panned by all and sundry after losing their coach pre-season and apparently having sparse playing stocks. Would love to see 'em take the silverware.

A "Reckon Maxie really means 'Bring on the 2016 Footy Season' "M

So you're tipping OH?

Still getting over Marcellins demise but looking forward to the big game tomorrow. Weather looks great and the Ashes have no excuses having enjoyed the week off after a long campaign.

Going for my boys to win our 5th flag. Too much depth of talent in the blue and turquoise and too many forward options with the likes of Petering, Taylor, Oppy , Ledin , Griffiths capable of hitting the scoreboard.

good luck to all.

Great effort from OH. Dominated the game for all but 15 minutes in the second term. Worked harder and got the reward. A different side to the one we saw during the season.

For Monash it was a disappointing end to a very good season. Could not settle and coughed the pill up repeatedly. Didn't run hard enough. Griffiths looked dangerous for a while and Rosetti will be a gun. Not much can be said about the rest today. Willing to make some excuses for the teenagers but not a great day all up.

Well done to spider, grovesy and all the crew on the year. Great turnout of support today. Including some of the 62 premiership side who beat old haileybury.

Bring on B in 2016.

Great effort from OH. Dominated the game for all but 15 minutes in the second term. Worked harder and got the reward. A different side to the one we saw during the season.

For Monash it was a disappointing end to a very good season. Could not settle and coughed the pill up repeatedly. Didn't run hard enough. Griffiths looked dangerous for a while and Rosetti will be a gun. Not much can be said about the rest today. Willing to make some excuses for the teenagers but not a great day all up.

Well done to spider, grovesy and all the crew on the year. Great turnout of support today. Including some of the 62 premiership side who beat old haileybury.

Bring on B in 2016.
Nice to read a post which acknowledges the opposition, Les. Not getting much of that in the 'B' thread.

As you say, the Blues had a terrific year. You have apparently found a coach in the process as well.

Bring on B in 2016.

Les

Bad luck but well done.

OH were fitting fit, and had tapered perfectly for the finals. Probably had their best 22 available for the last 3 weeks of football.

There physical make up was evident against the Hoes. Too strong over the ball with very good skills. Not much youth.

Monash have had an amazing turnaround from the date they were given a reprieve from being relegated.

It says alot about the club and the people behind to be given a second chance and take it with both hands.

Enjoy B Graded next year.

Max "Watching your results from C Grade" Leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Les

Bad luck but well done.

OH were fitting fit, and had tapered perfectly for the finals. Probably had their best 22 available for the last 3 weeks of football.

There physical make up was evident against the Hoes. Too strong over the ball with very good skills. Not much youth.

Monash have had an amazing turnaround from the date they were given a reprieve from being relegated.

It says alot about the club and the people behind to be given a second chance and take it with both hands.

Enjoy B Graded next year.

Max "Watching your results from C Grade" Leader

Thanks Maxie you're spot on and as you know it takes a lot of work from many and some luck. See you in B in 2017!!

Interesting that Marcellin:

Lost Seniors Prelim
Lost Reserves GF - (only dropped one game during H&A)
Lost 3rd's GF
Lost Superules GF

Tough year for the boys from Bulleen. Any silverware would have been great.

Interesting that Marcellin:

Lost Seniors Prelim
Lost Reserves GF - (only dropped one game during H&A)
Lost 3rd's GF
Lost Superules GF

Tough year for the boys from Bulleen. Any silverware would have been great.
Good point Pep, one must ask what happened to the Seniors?

Carey have ex Marc guns Coxy and Moose Seabury steering the ship.
Time to poach them back?

Carey have ex Marc guns Coxy and Moose Seabury steering the ship.
Time to poach them back?

Nothing to do with the coach/coaches.

Marcellin unfortunately don't have enough top end talent. They are a very even team through players 1-30 on their list. This is why their reserves are very strong (still don't know how PEGS could beat them considering their seniors were relegated).

Last edited:
Not
'

Nothing to do with the coach/coaches.

Marcellin unfortunately don't have enough top end talent. They are a very even team through players 1-30 on their list. This is why their reserves are very strong (still don't know how PEGS could beat them considering their seniors were relegated).

Yes Max, I am totally perplexed by this. I don't think I have ever come across such an odd scenario in my years following VAFA football.
I know they did lose 6 of top 7 B&F placer getters before the start of the year so this may have had an effect on the 1s.
How were their 1s Maxy? Were they that bad?

Yes Max, I am totally perplexed by this. I don't think I have ever come across such an odd scenario in my years following VAFA football.
I know they did lose 6 of top 7 B&F placer getters before the start of the year so this may have had an effect on the 1s.
How were their 1s Maxy? Were they that bad?
M11

I believe you just confirmed my response. Marcellin don't have, haven't had top liners (other than Carlson) who really can a game by the scruff on the neck and push them across the line. They can belt up teams who aren't competitive through out the year, but they need this edge during September which they haven't done. Whilst this sounds harsh, I believe that the last three premiers in C Grade all had that X Factor which Marcellin don't have.

Cheers

M11

I believe you just confirmed my response. Marcellin don't have, haven't had top liners (other than Carlson) who really can a game by the scruff on the neck and push them across the line. They can belt up teams who aren't competitive through out the year, but they need this edge during September which they haven't done. Whilst this sounds harsh, I believe that the last three premiers in C Grade all had that X Factor which Marcellin don't have.

Cheers

Maxie, thanks for your response but I was asking more about PEGS - how they can win the 2s and 3s but get relegated. How did you find their 1s? Were they that bad?

Maxie, thanks for your response but I was asking more about PEGS - how they can win the 2s and 3s but get relegated. How did you find their 1s? Were they that bad?
PEGS weren't that bad, but they weren't that good either. They just could beat the teams near them on the ladder.

They were no worse than the previous relegated teams, some say they were better than Banyule and Monash (lucky to survive after a team left the VAFA).

But they must be considered a poor club if their reserves and thirds win aGF's at the expense of the seniors.

I remember in the 90's Uni Blacks were relegated 3 years on the trot whilst their reserves were almost unbeatable winning a couple of flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back