Premier C - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Simon Williams need a co-coach? Gun coach and top bloke.

It's a big job for not much coin I'm guessing. Why not share the load.
Wasn't a small decision by the president I'm guessing. Williams is young. Probably has a good job and young fam. In sure he's happy about it.

It's a big job for not much coin I'm guessing. Why not share the load.
Wasn't a small decision by the president I'm guessing. Williams is young. Probably has a good job and young fam. In sure he's happy about it.

FWIW this isn't true. SW coaching the seniors alone but they have convinced a group of ex-players to lead the ressies team, so plenty of help on hand.

Why would Simon Williams need a co-coach? Gun coach and top bloke.

Williams is the only Senior Coach

The Co-Coaches and 2 Assistant Coaches are for the Reserves.

The Co-Coaches are great mates and will work brilliantly together in their first coaching foray. The assistants are great club man and will be balancing family and other club commitments.

Williams is the only Senior Coach

The Co-Coaches and 2 Assistant Coaches are for the Reserves.

The Co-Coaches are great mates and will work brilliantly together in their first coaching foray. The assistants are great club man and will be balancing family and other club commitments.

Wow!

That's a fair amount of coaching support for the curtain raiser.

Even the great Kornel Dachs (SKOB reserves guru) would be chuffed to have such a vast array of coaching resources at his disposal.

Hope they haven't put all their eggs in the early basket!

Wow!

That's a fair amount of coaching support for the curtain raiser.

Even the great Kornel Dachs (SKOB reserves guru) would be chuffed to have such a vast array of coaching resources at his disposal.

Hope they haven't put all their eggs in the early basket!
The great K Train a guru, went out in straight sets. Had a good record at Ormond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Northern Blues Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Ian Aitken as the new Development Head Coach.

Aitken comes to Northern as part of a new look coaching panel, taking over the role from Simon Pasinati who has been given a change in role for season 2016.

A Carlton premiership player in 1987, Aitken played 66 VFL/AFL games over seven seasons at the Blues and St Kilda.

Aitken has coaching experience most recently at the Kew Football Club, where the side won three consecutive premierships and he was voted 2013 VAFA Coach of the Year.

General Manager Garry O’Sullivan said the club was elated to add Aitken to the fold, citing his experience at both playing and coaching level as the key.

"His experience sticks out more than anything," O'Sullivan said.

"He's coached at metro, country and A-grade and lower-grade amateur level, he's built clubs up and he's taught a number of young players who are now on AFL lists.

"His development at amateur level in recent years speaks for itself. He's got a terrific coaching and developing record when it comes to nurturing younger players and his man management skills are second to none."

Along with his coaching experience at Kew, Aitken has played an integral role in establishing and fine-tuning football programs and systems at both Xavier and Box Hill Secondary College.

"He's been at Kew quite a while and helped build the club up: he's won three flags and brought them up a division each time. He's also started up a football program at Box Hill so he's very much into the mentoring side of things," O'Sullivan said.

"On the surface he seems a very good fit. He's certainly a Carlton man and a premiership player: he's thrilled to have a link back albeit through the Northern Blues."

The club’s full coaching panel will be unveiled in the coming days.

I like him. Runs ripping kids sports clinics. Ridiculously successful with huge attendance. Great rapport with kids who love him.

Given the recent murmurings about changes to VFL footy, and particularly the inevitable demise of the AFL Development league (VFL reserves) by end of 2017, this is slightly odd. Only has two seasons before the competition he coaches in ceases to exist.

Still, it would seem ever stranger if he went next year instead!

I guess he will be angling for a push up the coaching ranks before the Develoment League folds.

Given the recent murmurings about changes to VFL footy, and particularly the inevitable demise of the AFL Development league (VFL reserves) by end of 2017, this is slightly odd. Only has two seasons before the competition he coaches in ceases to exist.

Still, it would seem ever stranger if he went next year instead!

I guess he will be angling for a push up the coaching ranks before the Develoment League folds.

With his recent form would be welcomed back onto Ammos coaching by many. Bull Temp and Ormond excluded of course.

No. Ammos love him. They love his work at junior footy level. Highly respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back