Premier League (April 7-12)

Remove this Banner Ad

He should've been subbed off way earlier. You could see a second yellow or straight red was coming his way sooner or later.

To be honest I was about to give him some credit for settling down, and not giving up the second yellow.

Still, only a 1 game match (plus probably 1 or two extra for repeat offences).

The earlier tackle should be reviewed.

Yeah, not sure what the rules are but it could be another ban for that.

I see that QPR are going to appeal the Derry ban, not sure how they will go about because I'm sure the FA won't overturn the penalty decision even though it was an obvious dive. And I don't think they can rule on the offside.

Has a 2nd placed team, with a goal diff of +49 and still 6 games to go, ever been in such disarray?

This time last year we would have still been 2 points clear in first place.

To be honest I was about to give him some credit for settling down, and not giving up the second yellow.

Still, only a 1 game match (plus probably 1 or two extra for repeat offences).

He had settled down after his all round stupidity from the first half, kept his cool under some Arsenal baiting. Should have had 4 or 5 The Gunners, what a ****ing winner...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said a long time ago that Balotelli would cost Citeh badly. Now he's hurt Spurs too...

You take the good with the bad with him. We shouldn't forget that while he's been an idiot today he's scored 20 times for us this season, without playing regularly.

So he's gained us plenty as well.

Yeah, not sure what the rules are but it could be another ban for that.

Towards the end it was stated that if the FA take action on the earlier tackle it would likely be 3 games for that, 1 for being a repeat offender and 1 from some other review. That was before the 2nd yellow so probably add 1 more there and the last 6 games are all gone

Towards the end it was stated that if the FA take action on the earlier tackle it would likely be 3 games for that, 1 for being a repeat offender and 1 from some other review. That was before the 2nd yellow so probably add 1 more there and the last 6 games are all gone

But can you be punished for two red card offences in a game?

He is an Arsenal employee and former player Stewart Robson. He does not seem to like any Arsenal players though.

What a clown he was, from memory I don`t think he appreciated being shuffled off to west ham. He was going on about Kompany being m.o.t.m, I thought Lescott had him covered.

This City team will go down in folklore like Newcastle did for choking at the pointy end of the season.

The Newcastle "choke" was an urban myth as well. They lost their lead in January and February of that season, long before the KK rant.

But can you be punished for two red card offences in a game?
I don't think a player should get a free pass on a serious bookable offence that an incompetent set of officials ignored. A 1 game suspension (for the sending off) is an insufficient penalty, disregarding an extra game or two tacked on.

I don't think a player should get a free pass on a serious bookable offence that an incompetent set of officials ignored. A 1 game suspension (for the sending off) is an insufficient penalty, disregarding an extra game or too tacked on.

What should happen, and what the rules allow happen are two different things unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back