Premier League Greatest Ever Players List

Who do you think is the Greatest Premier League Player Ever?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry is the clear number one for mine once everything is taken into account.

Giggs was a good player who played on the best team, but he is obviously being rewarded for his persistence and longevity moreso than his ability.

Henry is the clear number one for mine once everything is taken into account.

Giggs was a good player who played on the best team, but he is obviously being rewarded for his persistence and longevity moreso than his ability.
Giggs had plenty of ability but not as much as the top 7 in this list

You realize that Bale dominated the EPL for the same length of time as Suarez but say he shouldn't be added?
No I dont realise that at all because it's simply not true. Gareth Bale had one good year, not the amazing crazy barnstorming year, it was a good year. 21 goals in 33 games which is very good, but most top line strikers get those kinda numbers. It's the greats that have the one in one ratio. Pretty much only Messi, Ronaldo as of late Suarez. Before that season, Bale never scored in double digits in any league season.

So no I dont realise that Bale dominated the league.

I understand that as a Liverpool supporter and hater of Man United that you must dislike Wayne Rooney and Gary Neville. However, Rooney is an excellent player and one of the smartest players in the comp. unfortunately his best is probably behind him. Who overrates Solskjaer? A gun super sub who would have started for 3/4 of epl clubs at the time but rejected moves to stay at united.
Gary Neville if I had to sum him up in one word. Id say... steady. A pretty good, reliable defender, average going forward, no very quick. Does a job. Was in a terrific side that won a lot. He played his part. He isnt some exceptional RB though, up there with the greats.

Rooney never got any better. He burst onto the scene and it looked like he was gonna take the world by storm. But he is exactly the same player he was when he first showed up. Which is great, he is a great player. But I and a lot of other people thought, wow, he could be the best player in the world very soon. Yet he never threatened it. He will probably become United's all time leading goal scorer too which is nothing to be sneezed at but you would have him far down the pecking order if you were picking United best all time XI. Plenty of strikers you would take before him.

No I dont realise that at all because it's simply not true. Gareth Bale had one good year, not the amazing crazy barnstorming year, it was a good year. 21 goals in 33 games which is very good, but most top line strikers get those kinda numbers. It's the greats that have the one in one ratio. Pretty much only Messi, Ronaldo as of late Suarez. Before that season, Bale never scored in double digits in any league season.

So no I dont realise that Bale dominated the league.
Yeah but Bale isn't a striker.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is how I see it also, its not the best individual players who happened to have played in the EPL. Suarez is one of the top few players to have played in the league in terms of talent, but in this discussion he should be nowhere near the top (#18 in the list is probably about right).

Agree mostly with the top 10 in terms of who is in there, would definitely reshuffle them a bit though.
Obviously longevity is taken into account which is why Giggs is ridiculously 1st and Suarez down in 18th due to him only spending 3 and half years in England. Because obviously Suarez is three times the player Giggs was, even in Giggs' prime.

Also very strange to have Giggs first yet Gerrard or Lampard so low. Lampard played for 19 seasons in the EPL. Giggs 24 and Gerrard has now played for 17 seasons and will no doubt play for another 2 or 3 years. When three blokes play close to, or over 20 seasons. I think longevity goes out the window and you just judge them on talent which Lamps and Gerrard have Giggsy easily covered.

Gary Neville if I had to sum him up in one word. Id say... steady. A pretty good, reliable defender, average going forward, no very quick. Does a job. Was in a terrific side that won a lot. He played his part. He isnt some exceptional RB though, up there with the greats.

Rooney never got any better. He burst onto the scene and it looked like he was gonna take the world by storm. But he is exactly the same player he was when he first showed up. Which is great, he is a great player. But I and a lot of other people thought, wow, he could be the best player in the world very soon. Yet he never threatened it. He will probably become United's all time leading goal scorer too which is nothing to be sneezed at but you would have him far down the pecking order if you were picking United best all time XI. Plenty of strikers you would take before him.
United have had a lot of excellent strikers so that's fair enough. United would have Ronaldo and Law up front with George Best on the wing I'd say. GNev was a no frills right back who got the job done. There aren't many great English. RB's but he's one of the better one's.

No s**t. I think United fans were behind this list. Cantona in front of Lampard and Gerrard? Lol. Keane also in front of those two. Anyone but Henry in front of Ronaldo?? Stupid list.
List was compiled by football 'Experts' read Hacks from the Telegraph.

Obviously longevity is taken into account which is why Giggs is ridiculously 1st and Suarez down in 18th due to him only spending 3 and half years in England. Because obviously Suarez is three times the player Giggs was, even in Giggs' prime.

Also very strange to have Giggs first yet Gerrard or Lampard so low. Lampard played for 19 seasons in the EPL. Giggs 24 and Gerrard has now played for 17 seasons and will no doubt play for another 2 or 3 years. When three blokes play close to, or over 20 seasons. I think longevity goes out the window and you just judge them on talent which Lamps and Gerrard have Giggsy easily covered.
Jamie Carragher thinks Giggs is the greatest player in EPL history. Must really hurt. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-Premier-League-history-Jamie-Carragher.html

Back