Premiership Coach 2013 [Breaking news 12/03/2013]

Remove this Banner Ad

PC2014 might be a chance, however Ad has been partially active on the forums but he hasn't been posting in any of the Premiership Coach threads, he hasn't even put the forums and activation site back up so I have no idea if he plans to continue on with the game. However there is probably another developer working on a game that is most likely not PC2014 and that will definitely be better than nothing.
sure will!, cross fingers theres a game.

This game is one of my favorite games of all time. I have played countless seasons as numerous teams and enjoyed every second of it. Won 30 premierships in one save and still have a thirst for it. I make it harder for myself, I set challenges, anyway, I think I've set the scene that I have played this game a lot.

I am posting here because I have written a program to change the data files of the game so that I can easily do a bunch of things to maintain the game. The program loads all the players of a given save (or base ratings) and do the following:

- Change any player detail
- Create new players
- Remove players from the game
- Move players between clubs
- Export teams
- Import teams
- Randomize players
- Increase or decrease player's abilities by 10%

With these tools, I have played in a league where I have imported all of my best teams from playing this game so much and played in an "all stars" save. (My 2017 team won the grand final by the way).

I can update the lists of the base ratings to suit the current 2013 season (or onwards). The program basically makes the game work in the future.

So, I'm wondering if there's anyone that wants to come up with a 2013 list with the help of my program?

If you want, you can post your save files and I can add them into a base ratings file that you can download and play. That's if anyone wants to play anymore. :p

This game is one of my favorite games of all time. I have played countless seasons as numerous teams and enjoyed every second of it. Won 30 premierships in one save and still have a thirst for it. I make it harder for myself, I set challenges, anyway, I think I've set the scene that I have played this game a lot.

I am posting here because I have written a program to change the data files of the game so that I can easily do a bunch of things to maintain the game. The program loads all the players of a given save (or base ratings) and do the following:

- Create new players
- Export teams
- Import teams
- Randomize players

With these tools, I have played in a league where I have imported all of my best teams from playing this game so much and played in an "all stars" save. (My 2017 team won the grand final by the way).

I can update the lists of the base ratings to suit the current 2013 season (or onwards). The program basically makes the game work in the future.

So, I'm wondering if there's anyone that wants to come up with a 2013 list with the help of my program?

If you want, you can post your save files and I can add them into a base ratings file that you can download and play. That's if anyone wants to play anymore. :p
put up your 2013 ratings? im keen to play it but only if 2013 list

I haven't made a 2013 ratings list, I've made a program that would make it easy to implement.

If I go through the 700 odd players and make a 2013 rating list I will post it, but I'm asking if someone wants to use my program to make one easily implemented.

- Create new players
- Export teams
- Import teams
- Randomize players

Hey great working making the program up should really cool :) alot of us cant play PC2012 because of the servers being down on the website have you or do you know how to get through or past this problem. Thanks for the great work your doing !

I haven't made a 2013 ratings list, I've made a program that would make it easy to implement.

If I go through the 700 odd players and make a 2013 rating list I will post it, but I'm asking if someone wants to use my program to make one easily implemented.

I still have mine working, so i'd be happy to use your programe.

Ive been doing it the old fashioned way and it sucks and takes a hell of a lot of time!

- Create new players
- Export teams
- Import teams
- Randomize players

You program actaully sounds pretty good, and you should upload it for everyone to use. I use notepad ++ to do all my editing, sort of similar to you program in that you can edit all the files at once, Been very helpful through my conversion of PC2010 lists/fixtures to PC2011 and vice versa.

Upload your super teams!

I actaully have a few super teams aswell, I don't play on my career save anymore now, but I opened it today, I checked and found out that Adelaide, Geelong and Gold Coast all won 3 premierships in about 5 years each during the period 2055-2070. One of the guys happened to play in all 3 of those Adelaide and Gold Coast premierships, how lucky was he to get traded into a side that would be just as good as his old side.

Hey great working making the program up should really cool :) alot of us cant play PC2012 because of the servers being down on the website have you or do you know how to get through or past this problem. Thanks for the great work your doing !

I had my copy activated on my old machine. The servers being down simply means you can't activate it again, so what I did was look into what part of the machine the code was "attatched" to. It turns out it's linked to something called a "Locally Administered Address" on your network adapter. At least, I think that's what it was. So, I had to grab it from my old computer and put it into my new computer. My old computer doesn't exist since I got my new computer so it was literally a 1:1 swap. I'm not sure what else changing this Address would affect, but I did it the moment I built my new computer and haven't noticed anything weird, perhaps because other things became "attatched" to the same address. And then I could just use the same "License.txt" for my game as I did on my old computer.

As for uploading the program I made, does anyone know of a good place to upload it? That's the only thing stopping me.

I had my copy activated on my old machine. The servers being down simply means you can't activate it again, so what I did was look into what part of the machine the code was "attatched" to. It turns out it's linked to something called a "Locally Administered Address" on your network adapter. At least, I think that's what it was. So, I had to grab it from my old computer and put it into my new computer. My old computer doesn't exist since I got my new computer so it was literally a 1:1 swap. I'm not sure what else changing this Address would affect, but I did it the moment I built my new computer and haven't noticed anything weird, perhaps because other things became "attatched" to the same address. And then I could just use the same "License.txt" for my game as I did on my old computer.

As for uploading the program I made, does anyone know of a good place to upload it? That's the only thing stopping me.
mediafire goes alright. i download alot from there

Great to see that someone else managed to find out how to bypass the license limit without asking me first. I have had the Mac Address change for about a year and a half now and I haven't found anything to be affected, but obviously just like PC2011, there will be other programs recognising your new computer as your old one. Like Legendaka said before, Mediafire is the best place to upload the program, I would definitely love to try it.

Alright, guys, I've uploaded an early-build of the program you can download here.

Early-build details:
A couple of disclaimers:
It is not user-friendly. There are no instructions. I will give a couple of instructions here so that it is usable, but I would advise backing up your Premiership Coach folders before using it just incase you click on something and you think it does one thing but it actually does another thing.

This is intended to be run on Windows. If something doesn't work, post here. I am a Uni student who is studying this stuff but don't really have all that much experience yet so... bare with me. The advantage of me is that I am active and will respond.

Also, if you have features you want to see, I will respond to requests at this stage too.

I wanted to upload this version of the program so that you guys could see that I actually did make something and then can look forward to a better version.
Instructions:
Changing a player in a save or base ratings file:
1. Put the directory of the specific save's folder or the specific ratings folder into the text box at the top and click "find". It will load the players it finds, this may take a moment (wait and be patient). There is no loading incidator in this version so just try and move the window and if it responds then that means it has finished loading. If it's not responding, then it is still trying to load. If it doesn't find any players, make sure the directory is correct.
2. Look through the players and change whatever values you want. Just click and modify. Once you're done, click update. The text box at the bottom should give you a little bit of feedback.
3. If you want to make sure a change you've made has been saved, after you click update, click find again and see if it loads the correct value.

What you can modify about a player:
So you've loaded the players in an want to modify something, these are the things you can do:
1. Change any of these values in the player table: fname, lname, homeState, condition, age_day, age_month, age_year, height, weight, manMarking, verticalLeap, tenacity, skill, agility, courage, aggression, xFactor, strengthGroundLevel, strengthOverhead, strengthManOnMan, acceleration, speed, endurance, confidence, readPlay, consistancy, positioning, copeWithPressure, potentialTall, potentialMid, kickMaxDistance, diciplineMatch, disciplineTraining, disiciplineOffFirned, umpireLikes, umpireNotice, goHomeTend, injuryTend, loyaltyTend, clangerTend, leadership, imp_markLead, imp_markContested, imp_spoilContested, imp_spoilLead, imp_evasion, imp_catchPlayer, imp_tackle, imp_ruck, imp_goalSet, imp_goalRun, imp_hardBallGets, imp_handsInClose, imp_clearance, imp_getToContest, imp_footSkills, deg_markLead, deg_markContested, deg_spoilLead, deg_evasion, deg_catchPlayer, deg_tackle, deg_ruck, deg_goalSet, deg_goalRun, deg_hardBallGets, deg_handsInClose, deg_clearance, deg_getToContest, deg_footSkills, totalValue, jumperNumber, signed_day, signed_month, signed_month, signed_year, expired_day, expired_month, expired_year, draft_pick, draft_year, draft_draftType
2. In other words, don't change these ones: originalDocument, playerID, xmlFileName, club, age, clubID.
3. If you want to change a player's click, select the player row in the player table, select the club row in the club table and click on the "Change Club" button. You will need to update after this.
4. If you want to remove a player, select the player row in the player table and click on the "Remove" button. This auto-updates, you will not need to update after this.
5. If you want to randomize a player's numbers, select the player row in the player table and click on the "Randomize" button. You will need to update after this.
6. If you want to increase or decrease a player's attributes or improvementAttributes, select the player row in the player table and click on the respective button of "+ Attr", "- Attr", "+ Imp" or "- Imp". You will need to update after this.
7. If you want to randomize all of the player's numbers then click on the "Randomize All" button. You will need to update after this.
8. If you want to export a team, select the club row in the club table and click on the "Export Team" button. It will ask for a folder, I advise that you use a newly created folder.
9. If you want to import a team, select a club row in the club table and click on the "Import Team" button. It will ask for a folder that you used for "Export Team", so be sure you use one of those folders. The team imported will completely replace the club you selected. This auto-updates, you will not need to update after this.
10. If you want to create a player, select a club row in the club table and click on the "Create" button. It will create a player called "New Player" for the club you selected. You will have to find them in the list at the moment and they will have 50 in everything and be 18 years old. This auto-updates, you will not need to update after this. You can then treat them as any other player from this point.
This is an early-build and I am currently working on polishing it and making it more suited to people other than myself. If you want to use it as it is right now, download it. If you want to wait until I make it more user-friendly, I will be uploading a new version in the next couple days (probably tonight... I'm a Uni student after all).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't played PC 2011 and I just started playing it however when I started playing it, the game screwed up more than it ever did before and constantly froze whenever I did anything. Any suggestions that could limit this. Thanks

Alright, guys, I've uploaded an early-build of the program you can download here.

Early-build details:
A couple of disclaimers:
It is not user-friendly. There are no instructions. I will give a couple of instructions here so that it is usable, but I would advise backing up your Premiership Coach folders before using it just incase you click on something and you think it does one thing but it actually does another thing.

This is intended to be run on Windows. If something doesn't work, post here. I am a Uni student who is studying this stuff but don't really have all that much experience yet so... bare with me. The advantage of me is that I am active and will respond.

Also, if you have features you want to see, I will respond to requests at this stage too.

I wanted to upload this version of the program so that you guys could see that I actually did make something and then can look forward to a better version.
Instructions:
Changing a player in a save or base ratings file:
1. Put the directory of the specific save's folder or the specific ratings folder into the text box at the top and click "find". It will load the players it finds, this may take a moment (wait and be patient). There is no loading incidator in this version so just try and move the window and if it responds then that means it has finished loading. If it's not responding, then it is still trying to load. If it doesn't find any players, make sure the directory is correct.
2. Look through the players and change whatever values you want. Just click and modify. Once you're done, click update. The text box at the bottom should give you a little bit of feedback.
3. If you want to make sure a change you've made has been saved, after you click update, click find again and see if it loads the correct value.

What you can modify about a player:
So you've loaded the players in an want to modify something, these are the things you can do:
1. Change any of these values in the player table: fname, lname, homeState, condition, age_day, age_month, age_year, height, weight, manMarking, verticalLeap, tenacity, skill, agility, courage, aggression, xFactor, strengthGroundLevel, strengthOverhead, strengthManOnMan, acceleration, speed, endurance, confidence, readPlay, consistancy, positioning, copeWithPressure, potentialTall, potentialMid, kickMaxDistance, diciplineMatch, disciplineTraining, disiciplineOffFirned, umpireLikes, umpireNotice, goHomeTend, injuryTend, loyaltyTend, clangerTend, leadership, imp_markLead, imp_markContested, imp_spoilContested, imp_spoilLead, imp_evasion, imp_catchPlayer, imp_tackle, imp_ruck, imp_goalSet, imp_goalRun, imp_hardBallGets, imp_handsInClose, imp_clearance, imp_getToContest, imp_footSkills, deg_markLead, deg_markContested, deg_spoilLead, deg_evasion, deg_catchPlayer, deg_tackle, deg_ruck, deg_goalSet, deg_goalRun, deg_hardBallGets, deg_handsInClose, deg_clearance, deg_getToContest, deg_footSkills, totalValue, jumperNumber, signed_day, signed_month, signed_month, signed_year, expired_day, expired_month, expired_year, draft_pick, draft_year, draft_draftType
2. In other words, don't change these ones: originalDocument, playerID, xmlFileName, club, age, clubID.
3. If you want to change a player's click, select the player row in the player table, select the club row in the club table and click on the "Change Club" button. You will need to update after this.
4. If you want to remove a player, select the player row in the player table and click on the "Remove" button. This auto-updates, you will not need to update after this.
5. If you want to randomize a player's numbers, select the player row in the player table and click on the "Randomize" button. You will need to update after this.
6. If you want to increase or decrease a player's attributes or improvementAttributes, select the player row in the player table and click on the respective button of "+ Attr", "- Attr", "+ Imp" or "- Imp". You will need to update after this.
7. If you want to randomize all of the player's numbers then click on the "Randomize All" button. You will need to update after this.
8. If you want to export a team, select the club row in the club table and click on the "Export Team" button. It will ask for a folder, I advise that you use a newly created folder.
9. If you want to import a team, select a club row in the club table and click on the "Import Team" button. It will ask for a folder that you used for "Export Team", so be sure you use one of those folders. The team imported will completely replace the club you selected. This auto-updates, you will not need to update after this.
10. If you want to create a player, select a club row in the club table and click on the "Create" button. It will create a player called "New Player" for the club you selected. You will have to find them in the list at the moment and they will have 50 in everything and be 18 years old. This auto-updates, you will not need to update after this. You can then treat them as any other player from this point.
This is an early-build and I am currently working on polishing it and making it more suited to people other than myself. If you want to use it as it is right now, download it. If you want to wait until I make it more user-friendly, I will be uploading a new version in the next couple days (probably tonight... I'm a Uni student after all).

Just tried this out, you have done a nice job with this. I love the randomize all function, The first time I tried it, Gary Ablett is now a small defender rated 70, and the highest rated player is Daniel Cross at 90.

Just tried this out, you have done a nice job with this. I love the randomize all function, The first time I tried it, Gary Ablett is now a small defender rated 70, and the highest rated player is Daniel Cross at 90.

Thanks! Yeah, it's good fun to randomize it. It changes the dynamic of the game hugely. It was interesting to try randomizing it and then playing draft mode. It makes the first few year's national draft's all the more important.

I was thinking about writing some proper algorithms to generate players, just for fun, like make everyone a tall forward or something. I really enjoy this game in general. :p

Something else that I tried was going to one of my saves and grabbing my "ultimate team" from 17 different years and playing a game to see which year was the best. There were 13 Sam Day's running around and kicking bags for instance. For the record, 2017 won.

Thanks! Yeah, it's good fun to randomize it. It changes the dynamic of the game hugely. It was interesting to try randomizing it and then playing draft mode. It makes the first few year's national draft's all the more important.

I was thinking about writing some proper algorithms to generate players, just for fun, like make everyone a tall forward or something. I really enjoy this game in general. :p

Something else that I tried was going to one of my saves and grabbing my "ultimate team" from 17 different years and playing a game to see which year was the best. There were 13 Sam Day's running around and kicking bags for instance. For the record, 2017 won.

I actually play PC2011 as well as PC2010 quite often, so I do get somewhat bored with the repetitivety, I do love playing many seasons purely to see how players develop and to see if I can get a bad team to win a premiership.

It would be great to see an generate function, but from using your program, you should try make the randomised ratings higher as you find that the highest rated player is rated 84-90 and the strengths of the team are rated at around 30, when the Base lists has them rated at 60-80.

To be able to randomise players clubs would be great too, although some teams may get lucky with having all the good players while others will have all the bad ones.

I actually do quite a lot of editing with both Premiership Coach games, and you may have seen some of the things I have done, I don't really program that much and your probably better than me, but it would be great to possibly expand your program to include editing fixtures, draft picks and converting lists to the other game.

I actually play PC2011 as well as PC2010 quite often, so I do get somewhat bored with the repetitivety, I do love playing many seasons purely to see how players develop and to see if I can get a bad team to win a premiership.

It would be great to see an generate function, but from using your program, you should try make the randomised ratings higher as you find that the highest rated player is rated 84-90 and the strengths of the team are rated at around 30, when the Base lists has them rated at 60-80.

To be able to randomise players clubs would be great too, although some teams may get lucky with having all the good players while others will have all the bad ones.

I actually do quite a lot of editing with both Premiership Coach games, and you may have seen some of the things I have done, I don't really program that much and your probably better than me, but it would be great to possibly expand your program to include editing fixtures, draft picks and converting lists to the other game.

I've long lost my copy of 2010 unfortunately, but I do remember it fondly. Very happy to read your feedback on the program, the more the merrier. Absolutely agree with the generate function, will write an actual algorithm for it I think instead of a straight random. Randomising player's teams is a great idea too, I wanted to do that but didn't get around to it though it'd be fairly easy to do.

I think you're the person I learned the Network Address trick from when I did some google searches a few years back. I'm not very active on these forums so I've probably not been around for much.

I will look into modifying the fixture and the sorts. The main issue is when I programmatically change something, the game can sometimes crash because some values are not what it allows for. I need to progressively find out all the nuances that the game can and can't handle and so I can't realistically say if it's possible yet but I can look into it.

An import/export feature is already available, which would allow one save's lists to be copied to another save, or even a base ratings. In the new version, I've also allowed for salary scaling a bit so that teams from 2040 can still work in 2011 without salary cap issues.

I've long lost my copy of 2010 unfortunately, but I do remember it fondly. Very happy to read your feedback on the program, the more the merrier. Absolutely agree with the generate function, will write an actual algorithm for it I think instead of a straight random. Randomising player's teams is a great idea too, I wanted to do that but didn't get around to it though it'd be fairly easy to do.

I think you're the person I learned the Network Address trick from when I did some google searches a few years back. I'm not very active on these forums so I've probably not been around for much.

I will look into modifying the fixture and the sorts. The main issue is when I programmatically change something, the game can sometimes crash because some values are not what it allows for. I need to progressively find out all the nuances that the game can and can't handle and so I can't realistically say if it's possible yet but I can look into it.

An import/export feature is already available, which would allow one save's lists to be copied to another save, or even a base ratings. In the new version, I've also allowed for salary scaling a bit so that teams from 2040 can still work in 2011 without salary cap issues.

Your in luck with PC2010 because I have uploaded a copy here that had been cracked, however it isn't the latest patch, but it isn't the original version. You can download it here http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-games-lists-resoures-download-here.1006213/. I would also love to upload your program to that thread aswell (Giving you all the credit of course).

With the fixtures, You would have to load up the save (Preferably one from the beginning of a year). I have found that you can't change the day of the games, so there isn't a way to have those Thursday and Monday games, however you can change the day a team plays and who they play. Would be quite useful if you wanted to make the 2011 AFL fixture, or even your own. There is a similar thing with changing draft picks where you would have to load up the save, but this would have to be just before trade week. You could have this being similar to the changing the club of a player, where there is a separate form on the program that allows you to load the draft pick file and then it shows all the picks and the club ids where you can select which club you want to have the pick.

Your in luck with PC2010 because I have uploaded a copy here that had been cracked, however it isn't the latest patch, but it isn't the original version. You can download it here http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-games-lists-resoures-download-here.1006213/. I would also love to upload your program to that thread aswell (Giving you all the credit of course).

With the fixtures, You would have to load up the save (Preferably one from the beginning of a year). I have found that you can't change the day of the games, so there isn't a way to have those Thursday and Monday games, however you can change the day a team plays and who they play. Would be quite useful if you wanted to make the 2011 AFL fixture, or even your own. There is a similar thing with changing draft picks where you would have to load up the save, but this would have to be just before trade week. You could have this being similar to the changing the club of a player, where there is a separate form on the program that allows you to load the draft pick file and then it shows all the picks and the club ids where you can select which club you want to have the pick.

I'll look into it. I have no problem with you putting my download link elsewhere. :)

Everytime i try to click on rotations to make new rotations my game says error log and closes down. How do i fix this? And also will they ever be releasing another Premiership Coach game?

Everytime i try to click on rotations to make new rotations my game says error log and closes down. How do i fix this? And also will they ever be releasing another Premiership Coach game?

Select a team and play a game first. It crashes because when you go to the rotations it uses the last team you played that it loaded for the default names. If there aren't any names, it just crashes.

I would advise going to edit the rotations in the game that you play to ensure that it works. After the game you should be able to modify them as normal.

Does anyone know of a way I can get the game to work on Mac? Like creating an app or something?

No unfortunately, I have tried this many times but there is no way to actually getting it working on Mac OSX, I have tried Wine, Wineskin and Crossover and none of them work with Premiership Coach but they do work for TAR. You can install windows via bootcamp on your mac and play the game.

No unfortunately, I have tried this many times but there is no way to actually getting it working on Mac OSX, I have tried Wine, Wineskin and Crossover and none of them work with Premiership Coach but they do work for TAR. You can install windows via bootcamp on your mac and play the game.

I'm kinda new to Mac. What's the process of getting an iso to make a windows interface (via bootcamp [which i only just discovered was on the macbook])?

Is TAR an abbreviation for Footy Star? Haven't played that but interested in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back