Premiership Fund - Do you pledge $ to win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a lazy $10 per win for me, on top of 2x Club 1870 and all the shirts and crap that I buy is enough I reckon... well my missus reckons anyway!!! LOL!!!

I'm intrigued by what comes up on my bank statement for these payments - PORT ADELAIDE FC MEM DOCKLANDS

'Docklands'? Are we still under AFL administration or something o_O

My name isn't in that list either, unless they know me as James rather than Tim :p
I often wondered about that Docklands thing?

Actually I'm unsure Lou but it was in for all of last season and of course this year - so I'm thinking it might have only been at the beginning of 2013 the club brought it in - does anyone else know exactly when?

Also, I don't think people need to say in here how much they pledge per win because some may not be able to afford as much as others and may feel reluctant to post that they have pledged a smaller amount per win than others - every $ helps and I hope that those who can afford to pledge even $1 per win should feel proud that they are able to do that.

I can't donate to the premiership fund because I spend all my centrelink money on smokes and grog.

Done a lot of things over the last few years, including buying out whole raffle books the club has provided ( never won anything :p), lots of merch, meals and countless drinks at the club, Mrs has put a bit of money into the pokies at the club, yada yada.

We haven't gone into the pledge money for a win, simply because its an expensive trip, getting to games as it is. We make as many as possible, when work commitments allow, and pump as much as we can into the club while down in Adelaide.

Geez that was a long winded way of saying no we don't :oops:

I am seriously looking at sponsorship of players next season though. Not for any benefits for us, but i know its a great initiative for this board to do so and i'd love to be a part of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better put $250 aside for next season ;)

If they go through the year undefeated, I will happily donate $250.
I'll donate 10 times that if we go undefeated - in fact, screw the premiership fund, lets go for the undefeated fund!

Don't get me wrong.Foodbank is a good thing but no one in this Country should be going hngry with all the handouts the Govt give.Like I said though,many of those Govt handouts are seen as a luxury to smoke Ice and drink grog.

Holy citation needed s**t batman those are some broad generalisations

I don't even use $ anymore, I only got £ lol... but considering how many wins we gonna get next season I may have to declare bankruptcy!

Done a lot of things over the last few years, including buying out whole raffle books the club has provided ( never won anything :p), lots of merch, meals and countless drinks at the club, Mrs has put a bit of money into the pokies at the club, yada yada.

We haven't gone into the pledge money for a win, simply because its an expensive trip, getting to games as it is. We make as many as possible, when work commitments allow, and pump as much as we can into the club while down in Adelaide.

Geez that was a long winded way of saying no we don't :oops:

I am seriously looking at sponsorship of players next season though. Not for any benefits for us, but i know its a great initiative for this board to do so and i'd love to be a part of that.

Fcuk, thanks for the reminder, they were due back yesterday.

I am in a similar boat to you, buy the lottery tickets (am yet to see the published results of any), merchandise, memorabilia and, as I mentioned above, I get an extra membership every year.

Don't get me wrong.Foodbank is a good thing but no one in this Country should be going hngry with all the handouts the Govt give.Like I said though,many of those Govt handouts are seen as a luxury to smoke Ice and drink grog.

Foodbank are simply one of those charities making the creators rich tax free. Find a small issue and then talk about it and flesh out a charity space where there really was no major problem. Create some programs that the gov wants to get it's name on to look like it's addressing said problem, say like supplying breakfast in schools and suddenly you can then say you are feeding 10,000 SA kids at school every morning because they were going to school without breakfast, except nearly all would have already had breakfast but we can count them as depending on foodbank anyway. Then we see a rash of other similar charities suddenly pop up in the same space that's been created chasing the tax free $$$.

oh and yes I'm in the premiership fund for $10 bucks a match, on top of buying the pre-season raffle book, post season raffle-book + dog, child, club 1870 memberships as well as merchandise and game day spending I can't really justify giving more!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back