Preparation H

Remove this Banner Ad

With the pending departure of Harry/Heritier we need to prepare for life without him (on the footy field).
I believe that our line breaking player who must step up is Paul Seedsman.
He can become our 'take them on' man & pump the ball into our forward line to hands of Cloke, Reid, White or Clark.
He has pace, kicking skills & confidence. Just need to build his core a bit more over the summer.

With the pending departure of Harry/Heritier we need to prepare for life without him (on the footy field).
I believe that our line breaking player who must step up is Paul Seedsman.
He can become our 'take them on' man & pump the ball into our forward line to hands of Cloke, Reid, White or Clark.
He has pace, kicking skills & confidence. Just need to build his core a bit more over the summer.

My only worry with The Seed is his light frame. We are going to miss H's strength and mature body. Nice thread title BTW!

Lumumba for O'Rourke, who can then play half back and wing himself, as well as helping out the midfield.

O'Rourke could be a massive upgrade on H within 12 months.

Lumumba for O'Rourke, who can then play half back and wing himself, as well as helping out the midfield.

O'Rourke could be a massive upgrade on H within 12 months.

Problem is does Lumumba want to go to GWS?

Problem is does Lumumba want to go to GWS?
It doesn't really matter, trade him to the club he wants to go to, then on trade whatever we get for him to GWS, and throw in a sweetener if they want one.

Sign up Malceski for 2 years, would be perfect helping the young kids down there.

I don't believe Collingwood are in serious contention for a flag in 2015/16 so a recruiting coup for a 30+ yo player doesn't fit out needs imo.

We may miss H's run, carry and breaking of the lines. But we wont miss his awful defending & turnovers.

Been sowing the seed for years young Paul. It is now time to flower.

comicbookguy-worst-thread-ever.jpg

We have line breakers in Marley, Seeds and Sinclair. H's body size will be missed but not his defensive or disposal capabilities. Brown will return and Reid may return to CHB but we're still short a good solid third tall; I don't consider Keeffe or Toovey to be adequate replacements for Maxwell in that regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's time to plant the seed! We need him to put on a bit of bulk and become more consistent. If the consistency issue is related to fitness then we are in trouble, as he won't be bulking up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back