Preparing to boo Goodes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks away from the Sydney game- are you going to boo Goodes? I feel that football is a man's game and that Goodes is clearly affected by it then opposition fans should continue to boo him. It has nothing to do with race, but more to do with his cry baby attitude an by the affect it has on his game. Lets not feel sorry for this multi-millionaire!! Pathetic !!

I think Goodes has been a little self deluded about what the outcome was going to be by his strong comments in the media.. Perhaps others with some race experience can speak from a strong pov.... Society is very PC now , and to some degree the booing is accumulation of all the things that Goodes is associated with ... whether that be staging for free kicks , his comments re the young girl , not accepting Eddies apologies or what ever. In normal day to day life now , to say they dislike what he is doing is just ignored as fringe racist. You have no way of voicing a protest.

However , whether I agree with his political views or his game attics or not ... I will not be booing him. I haven't booed anyone for a long time... Colbert would be the last , "rat" and "sinking ship" inflamed my anger , yet that only made him play better. so I just don't do it. Umpires , they make mistake but without them there is no game. And the booing of Goodes has a distressful element to it.. because even if some are boing him as a player ..just like Selwood gets.... there are probably some in the crowd booing him because he is a strong face for his political agendas.

I dont see him as Aust Muhammad Ali and I'd wish that this type of politics would be kept away from sport.... but booing will only make most of the crowd look like rednecks and KKK affiliates. I hope he doesn't get booed at Geelong.

Last edited:

I hope we don't go down the booing track. That said, I think Adam has made matters worse for himself by some provocative actions. Wish Michael Long would take him aside and explain how counterproductive some of his actions and words have been to the advancement of the aboriginal cause.

I'm glad he didn't accept Eddies apology. He shouldn't have. I love that he sticks up for his race.
As a player though he's been one of the worst stagers and constantly got off at the tribunal, when other players would've got weeks. That pisses me off. Don't think I'd boo him though.

I agree with Gillon in that its getting a little absurd now.

Reckon it would reflect well on club and its supporters if he received polite applause from the terraces

....every time he makes an error :p

Ah, what the heck- applaud him every time he walks past. Yell "Hooray Goodes!" when you see him standing nearby. Or whatever. That'll stuff him :D

I'll be thoroughly embarrassed if any of our fans boo Goodes.

Selwood is also perceived as a protected species, looked after by the MRP, given too many free kicks etc. Would you like it if he was booed from opening bounce to the end of the game every single week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we shut this s**t thread down? Only confirms I barrack for a hill billy, hicksville team supported by a lot of red neck bogans.
I did consider it but it's not breaking any rules and it's a topical issue so I can't see why people shouldn't be allowed to discuss it. As much as the subject matter disgusts me.

2 weeks away from the Sydney game- are you going to boo Goodes? I feel that football is a man's game and that Goodes is clearly affected by it then opposition fans should continue to boo him. It has nothing to do with race, but more to do with his cry baby attitude an by the affect it has on his game. Lets not feel sorry for this multi-millionaire!! Pathetic !!

Only two likes for this post, and both by hawks supporters. Sums it up really, s**t thread!
No problem with people letting out an odd boo or two, but when it becomes the norm it is quite distasteful and lacks class, at the very least

Ill boo him the same way i boo every opposition player. It's got nothing to do with he's skin colour and everything to do with the colour of the jumper he's wearing.

What a load of crap, if u sat there and booed every opposition player who touches the footy you would have no voice after 10 mins and probably be ejected from the ground for been a clown

What a load of crap, if u sat there and booed every opposition player who touches the footy you would have no voice after 10 mins and probably be ejected from the ground for been a clown

Come down from that Ivory Tower and find your way to the Ablett Terrace next weekend and see the idiocy of that statement. This is football, not a Saturday afternoon picnic.

If I was to boo any sportsman when I was a child my mother would have given me a good belting, booing is the height of poor sportsmanship. If I had thrown my tennis racket I would never have gotten another. What has happened to discipline in our society?

Ill boo him the same way i boo every opposition player. It's got nothing to do with he's skin colour and everything to do with the colour of the jumper he's wearing.

You are entitled to boo a player or the whole team.. but id consider not utilising that right.. because it may only encourage others who are not booing for football reasons. Not to mention others around you may misinterpret your motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back