AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe:

1. Naitanui
2. Kennedy
3. McGovern
4. Shuey
5. ?

Yeah, after bagging out their efforts, I wondered how I'd order it myself. Naitanui was the easy choice in my mind as number 1. I'd probably go:

1. Naitanui
2. Shuey
3. Kennedy
4. Gaff
5. Yeo (can be a real match winner when he's on)
6. Hurn

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
Yeah i saw a photo of him and he wasn't smiling.

Bullshit ...... he's always smiling!! Sure the photo you're referring to wasn't one of his twin brother?

(Whoops .... sorry thought you were referring to Nic for some reason!! Getting the threads confused ... I'll go back to my BMT Subway and Dare iced coffee now)

Woobla Stainz

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Perth NOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Real Madrid
Bullshit ...... he's always smiling!! Sure the photo you're referring to wasn't one of his twin brother?

(Whoops .... sorry thought you were referring to Nic for some reason!! Getting the threads confused ... I'll go back to my BMT Subway and Dare iced coffee now)
Lamb didn't smile in a photo the other day apparently it means he's gone, unfortunately i saw a photo of Shep not smiling either gotta be careful....

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
Lamb didn't smile in a photo the other day apparently it means he's gone, unfortunately i saw a photo of Shep not smiling either gotta be careful....

What will we get for Lamb... should we open communication with St Kilda now or wait until the end of the season?

Mind you a Sheppard/Lamb package would be a novelty .... could get something good for that!!

Last edited:

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
No. because he can play on smalls as well as talls...

TBH I could only see Brown getting a gig if there are injuries, or McGovern plays up forward.
He can play on smalls but his ball use and decision making is much worse than the other guys who can play on smalls. Why play him on smalls?

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner
He can play on smalls but his ball use and decision making is much worse than the other guys who can play on smalls. Why play him on smalls?
Was only half serious about him playing well on smalls as well as talls, it was just an argument around here last season. It is all relative. I think he was better on smalls then A Selwood for example, but currently we have a lot better small defenders now.

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
Barter system . Lamb for a Hooker

Wrong club .... father and grandfather played with Saints. Is Gehrig still on their list?

(Note to SpaceClef: Purely supposition. Would like to see him make it with us!)

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
I have never seen a checkside banana on the tree . That would look odd on the tree . And bananas hang vertical not horizontal . Once picked you can have your bend to the left or right . You can have an inside banana or an outside banana .

You will need to take this up with a South Australian or maybe a Queenslander mate...

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Was only half serious about him playing well on smalls as well as talls, it was just an argument around here last season. It is all relative. I think he was better on smalls then A Selwood for example, but currently we have a lot better small defenders now.
nah you're right, it has been an argument used on here. But it's a bit like saying: Kennedy is agile and good when the ball hits the deck, so let's play him as a small forward and bring in another KPF

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
Kicked with the inside of your foot, across your body, is a snap, kicked with the outside of your foot, away from your body, is a banana. Well that's how I always knew it anyway.

.... or, in SA, checkside.....

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Kicked with the inside of your foot, across your body, is a snap, kicked with the outside of your foot, away from your body, is a banana. Well that's how I always knew it anyway.

My interpretation changed depending on "in play" or set shot. Felt like you could snap kick across the body for goal or to pass but it wasnt so much about curving or swinging the ball as much as it was getting off a kick without straightening up to drop punt.

Then when it came to set shots, banana would be curved off inside of the boot (left footer taking the kick from the RHS point post) and checkside would be off outside of the boot (left footer taking the kick from LHS point post).

Further, set shots kept the ball more horizontal to get that curve/swing where a snap in play would see the ball kicked and spinning more vertically. Over-analysis perhaps?

Back