News Preseason 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back on topic for a minute, we need Smith on the park, he plays a crucial role in holding our defence together. Was just thinking about how he kept Rioli quiet in the grand final, this was one of the reasons we won. Maybe he has an edge over the others that play on Cyril because they were former teammates?

That or Ravioli is overrated and has about 5 good games a season provided he's not injured.

Some info here not sure if posted..
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-30/swans-preseason

Liking the draftee watch/report..

Draftee watch: First-round draft pick Dean Towers has shown good pace and excellent disposal skills in the club's pre-season drills. Rookie-listed utility Dean Rampe has also been a stand out in his first few weeks at the club. But the pleasant surprise so far might just be young ruckman Sam Naismith. Another member of the rookie list, Naismith stands well over 200cm, but has impressed already with his speed and agility for his size. He is also getting the perfect grounding, training alongside Shane Mumford, Kurt Tippett and Mike Pyke.

Some info here not sure if posted..
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-30/swans-preseason

Liking the draftee watch/report..

Draftee watch: First-round draft pick Dean Towers has shown good pace and excellent disposal skills in the club's pre-season drills. Rookie-listed utility Dean Rampe has also been a stand out in his first few weeks at the club. But the pleasant surprise so far might just be young ruckman Sam Naismith. Another member of the rookie list, Naismith stands well over 200cm, but has impressed already with his speed and agility for his size. He is also getting the perfect grounding, training alongside Shane Mumford, Kurt Tippett and Mike Pyke.

Somebody might be pushing there way into third ruck spot already.

A little bit off topic but does anyone know when the NAB Tickets go on sale for the Blacktown fixture?

Is there any news on Rohan? Is he running? Is he training with the main group? I haven't seen him in any footage.

There was an article a while ago, He was running on a compression machine.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2012-11-12/rohans-step-forward

After six months on the sidelines following the broken leg he suffered in round four, last week marked a significant milestone for the young Swan, who planted his right foot to run for the first time since April.

While it was only a small step, Rohan’s first run was a giant leap forward for the 21-year-old’s confidence levels.

“The first running session felt a bit weird. My mind was telling me that I shouldn’t be running because I’ve been out for so long but my confidence is coming back pretty well,” Rohan told sydneyswans.com.au.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Rohan running around with the other boys, will give him a boost. Don't expect to see him in the best 22 till late in the year, which could be a good thing. With him & Tippett coming in, it could be good running into finals.

I don't think we'll see him this year in the seniors. A broken leg is a two year injury. You can definitely tell he's a long long way off.

I don't think we'll see him this year in the seniors. A broken leg is a two year injury. You can definitely tell he's a long long way off.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d:+TheCourierMailAfl+(The+Courier+Mail+|+AFL)

Strikes home when Nathan Brown talks about his injury
"The newcomers were shown the sickening replay of Brown's foot facing the wrong way after his leg snapped.

But it just wasn't the broken leg, mended with the help of a metal rod, which Brown said was his only setback but his haste to get back for the opening round of the following season to play against the Bulldogs probably robbed him of 80 or 90 games of footy."

Hey guys, I'm in Sydney for a day tomorrow and really wanna see the boys train. Pretty sure they are training at lakeside tomorrow. How hard is it to get to lakeside from the CBD. Would prefer to take the public transport if possible. Anyone know what time is training? Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back