Pride of South London: The CPFC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For any Palace fan who has ever been on holmesdale.net before its with sadness that great member "staffie" has passed away. Staffie would post radio and TV links to the games back when it was impossible to find any and even on Saturday as he was in the early stages of a heart attack he posted this:

"Ive got to go to hospital now - urgently. I have bad chest pains and after having 2 heart attacks I have to get things checked out.

I have a few links for todays game..."
Helpful right to the end. This may not mean anything to most but to Palace fans who have tried to follow their team from abroad over the years he was often the only way to follow the game. it is a sad day...
RIP Mate. :(:cry:

For any Palace fan who has ever been on holmesdale.net before its with sadness that great member "staffie" has passed away. Staffie would post radio and TV links to the games back when it was impossible to find any and even on Saturday as he was in the early stages of a heart attack he posted this:

"Ive got to go to hospital now - urgently. I have bad chest pains and after having 2 heart attacks I have to get things checked out.

I have a few links for todays game..."
Helpful right to the end. This may not mean anything to most but to Palace fans who have tried to follow their team from abroad over the years he was often the only way to follow the game. it is a sad day...
RIP Mate. :(:cry:

Terrible news Milang and a big loss for all those connected with the club.

Amazing to hear him being as helpful as ever to the very end - shows his character and the legacy he left behind by wanting to help out his fellow fans. Sounds like one of those rare breeds who was happy to go out of his way for others. :(

RIP.

Terrible news Milang and a big loss for all those connected with the club.

Amazing to hear him being as helpful as ever to the very end - shows his character and the legacy he left behind by wanting to help out his fellow fans. Sounds like one of those rare breeds who was happy to go out of his way for others. :(

RIP.
Yeah was basically the only way a lot of people overseas were able to follow Palace (especially when we were in the championship). I'm sure all clubs have a guy like him just a massive loss.

Was very sad news, as you said Milang, Staffie would always post audio / video links and p.m messaged us several times with updates and hard to find video highlights when we were in the Championship. Great loss for Palace and Holmesdalers.

very helpful, would have made a great friend in "real life" I'm sure.

Like the new away kit, the old white shirt red/blue sash was my favourite all time. Started to like the Brazil strip too - gone altogether? Had some good wins in that one this season.

We've had some great signings since we came up but surely Scott Dann has been our most important, fantastic but he might need a new central partner next year. Think Hangelaand and Delaney might be ready to move on. Interesting to see what happens with Bolasie.......can we keep him? Interesting he turned it on at Liverpool given the supposed interest from Brendan Rodgers.

Wear that Jedinak strip with pride Milang, seems out of favour with Pardew though since he returned from Asian Cup - will he stay? Hope he does, getting used to seeing regular Palace match photos in our press.

Yeah like the new away as well but yeah the red and blue sash one is the best. I think the yellow (or some variant of it) will stay as a third kit maybe?
Hopefully we can hold on to Bolasie because the last thing we need is lose these sorts of players. Mile, I'm hoping he stays he's a great leader and yeah his passing can let him down at times but I think the other stuff does around the ground makes up for that.

Well guys, it was a battle and a bit, but you managed to prove to the rest of us that you're a top 10 team. Must be a nice change rather than getting relegated every time you come up.

I hope Leicester can aim for 10th next season. Hopefully we can have some good battles next season.

Great job on 10th!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate.
I think your first aim should be to stay up again and the keep on building, don't aim too high too early. Still can't believe we are a top 10 team in the PL, doesn't feel all that long a ago that I was staying up listening to the football classified results on the radio because it was the only way to keep up to date :D or 5 years ago the final day against Sheffield Wednesday where it would've been disastrous to be relegated.
But the down times are what make the good times so good, enjoy your good times mate they're well deserved :thumbsu:

Been a good day. My Jedinak kit arrived from England. Only ordered a week ago so wasn't excepting to get it so quick :D
I bought a kit when at Selhurst Park early Dec 2013 and some of the peeling along the front is coming off, have you had that?
I wouldn't mind a new Jedinak one, but not if it's only got a 1.5 year lifespan before deteriorating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back