Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it matters, they don't play their kids anyway.

Menzel was the only player playing for Blues that had been drafted in the last 3 years

Please, if anyone requires priority selections at the draft table it is my woeful side.

We haven't won more than 8.5 games a season in the last 9 completed seasons, and we have only managed that twice.

If the Dees didn't get a PP in the Neeld era, half of which remains on our inept playing list, no one will ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Melbourne didn't get one last year, then the AFL will be hard up justifying a PP in the future.
I cannot imagine a team more pathetic than the Demons over the past 5 years.
I would like to see the AFL do something about Melbourne and Carlton, or just fold them.
Frankly, I'm sick to death of having the watch these teams. I can imagine their supporters feel the same.

I don't think it matters, they don't play their kids anyway.

Menzel was the only player playing for Blues that had been drafted in the last 3 years
Meaningless stat. Menzel, Cripps, Graham, Buckley, Boekhorst, Rowe, Byrne, Bell and Smith have played this year. Holman and Sheahan debuted last year. Giles has had two serious foot injuries.

Docherty, Dick, Whiley and Jaksch are young recruits who have played for Carlton.

No need to gift games to youth and throw them to the wolves in the ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have already received multiple priority picks in their rebuild, Carlton got a few not too long ago as well. There's no way to justify them receiving a PP.

There will be no justifying any side receiving a PP after Melbourne didn't get one. Melbourne qualified for a PP last year.
I said last year that Melbourne desperately needed a PP - as I thought they were pathetic last year, and I thought their list was VFL quality.
All we are seeing now is a football club going backwards, I don't know why anyone would be surprised either.
The AFL has a simple decision to make, do they want Melbourne in the comp or don't they? If they do, they need to ensure they have a reasonable list.
Personally, I don't want them in the comp and believe the AFL should fold a couple of Vic sides, they can start with the Dees.

Meaningless stat. Menzel, Cripps, Graham, Buckley, Boekhorst, Rowe, Byrne, Bell and Smith have played this year. Holman and Sheahan debuted last year. Giles has had two serious foot injuries.

Docherty, Dick, Whiley and Jaksch are young recruits who have played for Carlton.

No need to gift games to youth and throw them to the wolves in the ones.

With the way Carlton is playing it wouldn't really be gifting. There have to be more young guys each week who are capable of doing something better than what the guys out there are doing. Especially considering the draft picks Carlton could get with where they have been finishing on the ladder.

Having a lot of average players in their late 20s isn't going to bring Carlton any closer to being a premiership team or even a finals team. And I think no one believes that Carlton will have a chance at a premiership before Judd and Carrazzo retire. So when Carlton is struggling to win anything, how is not playing more young guys useful?

They've been "rebuilding" for a while now and the under 25s who played this weekend (i.e. the future that was invested in this weekend) were:

Troy Menzel (20)
Matthew Dick (20)
Kristian Jaksch (20)
Sam Docherty (21)
Matthew Watson (22)
Tom Bell (23)
Jason Tutt (24)
Chris Yarran (24)

For comparison, under 25s in Geelong's team last night against Sydney ("the wolves"). Geelong has just started rebuilding and is accused of being old...

Cory Gregson (18)
Darcy Lang (19)
Jackson Thurlow (21)
Jed Bews (21)
Shane Kersten (22)
Josh Caddy (22)
Josh Walker (22)
Cameron Guthrie (22)
Jordan Murdoch (23)
Mitch Duncan (23)
Mark Blicavs (24)
Steven Motlop (24)
Sam Blease (24)
Rhys Stanley (24)

And that's just the ones who were playing.

Carlton supporters have an extremely high flog-rate ratio. Do you really want to put up with posters like Parrot again? No thanks. Let them dwell down the bottom for a long period of time :)

I thought Parrot was a troll. He was actually very amusing, whether intentional or not. :)

Melbourne got a priority pick last year, the AFL just didn't call it that in order to avoid controversy.

There's literally no chance chance of any teams getting any priority picks this year.

Melbourne got a priority pick last year, the AFL just didn't call it that in order to avoid controversy.

There's literally no chance chance of any teams getting any priority picks this year.

Frawley pick was judged by salary and contract length. First rounder.

Luck that Frawley left when that first rounder was a good pick due to Melbournes shitness.

Luck that Frawley left when that first rounder was a good pick due to Melbournes shitness.
He's on 500k a year at the Hawks; the same money Betts is on at the Crows.

I doubt there will ever be another band 1 compensation pick for a player leaving for 500k.

Pretty sure they said they took into account the fact they weren't giving them a PP in how they assessed what compo to give for Frawley. Otherwise it would have been an end of round 1 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back