Project 147. Stage 1: Planning

Would you be in favour of the section 147 plan?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not lol
L3gYdeU.jpg

I have a chant idea for every time Jack Martin takes a screamer. "Jack is in the air! Whoa oh oh whoa oh oh!" To the tune of Love is in the air

Please / the "how goods (insert name here)" chant
Needs a lot of work. The he's fired up bit.... Just doesn't sit well with me. I think it should be kept as it is

Please / the "how goods (insert name here)" chant
Needs a lot of work.
Been plenty of talk about this before. It was once performed very well but a change in personnel has basically ruined it. It has been suggested that the original guy make a return up the river end in 147 but I don't think anyone his has contact details. Bit of a shame.

Been plenty of talk about this before. It was once performed very well but a change in personnel has basically ruined it. It has been suggested that the original guy make a return up the river end in 147 but I don't think anyone his has contact details. Bit of a shame.

Where I usually sit (if I havnt gone off with a few other members who write here) there is a guy who really gets he "Gold Coast" chant going. The screamers should poach him! He dresses up and is fully decked out lol. Think he's in bay 221/222. Which is directly above the screamers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different idea, Same movie. SUNS wrestles a bear.
Haha, that could work. Would you wear the bear costume?

The red and yellow colour scheme really does lend itself to plenty of costume ideas such as the ones I have previously suggested in Hulk Hogan, the Dalai Lama, the Flash and Iron Man. I also think it would be really great to float this around several rows in 147:

dshHCbY.jpg

SUNS, would you and Big Red Machine do this?

Some of the things they do at games - dancing, cry baby action directing at opposition players, handstands, waving flags, wearing santa's hat, coat and beard, ticking opposition players names off santa's naughty list, waving cardboard cut outs of people, the hulk hogan ripping shirt and headband, wearing glasses and just staring. I think it's about time we bring the red men to Metricon!

Obviously the Christmas stuff is hard to do considering our season doesn't run through December but there are other options for props during our season. Some include:
  • 17 March (Round 1) St. Patrick's Day - A leprechaun hat and green coat. A pot of fake gold and a four leaf clover. A pipe.
  • Early April Easter Weekend - Bunny ears. Chocolate eggs. Good Friday - Crown of thorns and white robe (might be pushing it with this one).
  • 25 April ANZAC Day - Slouch hat and war medals. Should only be worn during the national anthem out of respect to the war veterans.
  • 2nd Monday in June Queen's Birthday - Royal Crown, glasses, white gloves and a wig that resembles Queen Elizabeth's hair.
  • End of August Gold Coast Show weekend - Turning clown head mask like the ones at the show.

Here is the link to where you can buy the red morphsuits - http://www.morphsuits.com.au/red-original-morphsuit

SUNS, would you and Big Red Machine do this?

Some of the things they do at games - dancing, cry baby action directing at opposition players, handstands, waving flags, wearing santa's hat, coat and beard, ticking opposition players names off santa's naughty list, waving cardboard cut outs of people, the hulk hogan ripping shirt and headband, wearing glasses and just staring. I think it's about time we bring the red men to Metricon!

Obviously the Christmas stuff is hard to do considering our season doesn't run through December but there are other options for props during our season. Some include:
  • 17 March (Round 1) St. Patrick's Day - A leprechaun hat and green coat. A pot of fake gold and a four leaf clover. A pipe.
  • Early April Easter Weekend - Bunny ears. Chocolate eggs. Good Friday - Crown of thorns and white robe (might be pushing it with this one).
  • 25 April ANZAC Day - Slouch hat and war medals. Should only be worn during the national anthem out of respect to the war veterans.
  • 2nd Monday in June Queen's Birthday - Royal Crown, glasses, white gloves and a wig that resembles Queen Elizabeth's hair.
  • End of August Gold Coast Show weekend - Turning clown head mask like the ones at the show.

Here is the link to where you can buy the red morphsuits - http://www.morphsuits.com.au/red-original-morphsuit

Maybe you should do it. At least your identity will still be hidden

The Red Men idea sounds like it is taking off.

Would you do it Ryano316? If you're keen then we should get you and Big Red Machine to try it out at the Bulldogs game in 18 days. I already provided a link to where you can purchase the morphsuits but here it is again - http://www.morphsuits.com.au/red-original-morphsuit. GCFC Digital has already said that he'll make sure you get on the big screen and social media pages so the idea has legs if someone is willing to do it. Probably the best thing about this idea is that anyone can do it on any given week so you wouldn't have to commit to it.

GCFC Digital, we plan to put the guys in section 147 so they are right next to the opposition supporters bay. Wouldn't it be awesome if one day we could fill the entire 147 bay with people in red morphsuits?

Okay, so presuming BRM and Ryano are willing to do it, what props can they bring along with them to the Bulldogs game? I suppose they could bring a dog collar and leash put it around a toy dog in western bulldogs colours and make it look they are telling it off. Just an idea, I'm sure we can think of better ones.

Last edited:
Hah yea I'll do it for sure!

Lol, imagain if we could ( one day) get a heap of ppl in red, yellow and blue morph suits :p

Fair call. Not sure you could get a mankini that is both red and yellow. Might just have to settle for getting both colours and wearing one slightly to the side.

You're right about most of the sledges at the opposition supporters will be topical and will pop up at the right time. Richmond is such an easy target for Suns fans which is why I thought they'd be perfect to test it out on. I have another idea for someone to dress up as Hulk Hogan (see pic below). He wore red and yellow back in the day and instead of having HULKAMANIA on the the shirt/singlet, you could have SUNSMANIA or something along those lines. Also, ripping the shirt Hulk Hogan style after a really big play up the river end would be pretty legendary too.

Vl8rd86.jpg
This will be come the suns first gf.
"What ya gonna do brother, when the Gold Coast suns run wild on you"

Back