Multiplat Project CARS

Remove this Banner Ad

how does it compare with a sim like iRacing?

I haven't play iRacing..but I can say he gas a real strong car sim focus to it. Each car has its own feel which needed adjustment when driving for the first time. Damage is good with the open wheelers losing wheels realistically if you hit the wall...pretty much when you lose control in this game you do everything u can not to hit a wall. Tire temperature really effects car preformance/grip, car recovery when you get out of sharpe is realistically hard and I find I go into "dont put it into a wall" mode. Only early observations... i cant wait to get stuck into car settings

oh... Bathurst is bloody hard first up...especially at night when you lose your lights after kissing the wall head on

lol yeah I've been sticking to tracks I've played in other racers, and thought i'd take the McLaren out for a spin at Bathurst. car was well and truly stuffed before i'd made it all the way round once!

lol yeah I've been sticking to tracks I've played in other racers, and thought i'd take the McLaren out for a spin at Bathurst. car was well and truly stuffed before i'd made it all the way round once!

Yup, it's nightmare trying to keep control through all the bloody hills and bumps on the top of the mountain.

Sounds like good impressions from those who've played it. Might get onto this in a week or so (once I'm done with Bloodborne lol).

Car loses control so easy. Even in my little Clio. Finally put one semi good lap together and qualified 1st by a second. Won the race. But I felt like i earned it!

Should try the Ford that's in the same class as the Clio. You can't fully pull the trigger until you're in at least 3rd, or else it's spinny time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok last night after spending 2-3hrs stuffing around with Tyre pressures to try and improve car handling I waa getting good results on the slower/tight corners but was pulling my hair out trying to sort out the handling on those fast sweeping bends etc.. I actually got sick of trying to find the right setup which would suit both slow & fast cornering and used traction control just to get me through my 1st career race. After that I decided to muck around with the Steering Deadzone in settings and put mine at 18 (later settled on 23) and it made a huge difference.

Picko signs in and I give him the heads up after my hours of setup misery... Tested it with him and he too had great results.

Best thing is I could do a cleanish lap around Bathurst now

Ok last night after spending 2-3hrs stuffing around with Tyre pressures to try and improve car handling I waa getting good results on the slower/tight corners but was pulling my hair out trying to sort out the handling on those fast sweeping bends etc.. I actually got sick of trying to find the right setup which would suit both slow & fast cornering and used traction control just to get me through my 1st career race. After that I decided to muck around with the Steering Deadzone in settings and put mine at 18 (later settled on 23) and it made a huge difference.

Picko signs in and I give him the heads up after my hours of setup misery... Tested it with him and he too had great results.

Best thing is I could do a cleanish lap around Bathurst now

Was there something else we changed? Can't remember

Was there something else we changed? Can't remember

I tinkered a bit with steering sensitivity and braking deadzones... but I think the Steering Deadzone is all you did (that would affect high speed handling) and we test it before and after. You were looking for something else that you found on the net but couldn't find it in game??

Unfortunately I went but when I got home ripping out a few laps of Bathurst in the Mclaren P1 made a good night!

yeah your team stunk, but thank god Langdon got 2nd half mid junktime to get me some DT Pts :p

How is the McLaren? I was going to give it a burn last night but was stuck testing car setting in the Renault Clios for 3 hrs instead:cry:

yeah your team stunk, but thank god Langdon got 2nd half mid junktime to get me some DT Pts :p

How is the McLaren? I was going to give it a burn last night but was stuck testing car setting in the Renault Clios for 3 hrs instead:cry:
Very easy to light up the rears , sounds fantastic , just the way I like em:D

Graduated from Clio cup to GT5. The Ginetta g40 junior is a lot easier to drive. Fun little class. I might sign on with a GT4 team when I'm done and sit in that for a season or with longer races.

I have put the difficulty up to 80% now so the next race will be interesting.

Graduated from Clio cup to GT5. The Ginetta g40 junior is a lot easier to drive. Fun little class. I might sign on with a GT4 team when I'm done and sit in that for a season or with longer races.

I have put the difficulty up to 80% now so the next race will be interesting.

how do you change the difficulty? I pick the hardest level at the start and I don't know how to change it...thinking of dropping the difficulty down a bit so I can move through the career a bit faster and try it on hard later on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back