Projection for 2015

How many games will we win in 2015

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty pessimistic not to have an 11+ option. The kids took the reigns in the 2nd half of last season and will only get better

We ended the season with 10 goal losses to Hawthorn, Sydney and North and a loss to GWS at Etihad, in which Ryan Griffen was our best player.

Everyone who's "predicting" improvement next season seems to be basing it on the win-fairy sprinkling magic dust on our season.

Once again, I hope we improve dramatically next season, but how/why are so many expecting that to happen?

Winning three or four games? I've read some ridiculous posts on here, but that almost takes that cake.

Sorry but I agree. Im think more 4-5 wins myself.
Sit down and put our best 22 on paper, Brisbanes best 22, GWS best 22, St Kildas best 22, Carltons best 22 and Melbournes best 22.
Then remove the eye patch and place it next to you on the coffeee table.

All those sides have got drastically better this offseason, except St.Kilda and Melbourne. These are the sides that are around us on the ladder.
Personally I see us better than the Saints, and probably equal to Melbourne next year.

Take Griffen, Cooney and Higgins out of any midfield and we will go backwards. There are no two ways about it.
GWS, Lions and Carltons midfield much better and mature and hardended than ours going into next year and that will hold them in good stead.
Take those three out and who gets the tags each week - Libba and Macrae. The ripple affect filters down.
Id also argue that at this stage of their careers jones is probably as good as boyd.
If we were playing a game tomorrow id still pcik jones over boyd purely cause of his exeprience.

Its ok I am prepared for a down year. Surprised at those who see us improving when we have lost 3 of our top 10 most mature talented players.
Anything more than 5 wins would be a great year considering our losses.

Depends who the coach is I reckon. We have massively turned over the list....suddenly we have got very very young. Lost our best player and another 2 or 3 from our best 22. That could be good or bad and it depends on how much of a drag they were. Griffen aside.

A new coach will hopefully structure up the team better, that will help. Tom Boyd can't be expected to make a massive difference in year 2, but will help with structure. Skill level needs to lift, Higgins out will help that. But if we can lift skills and structure properly and have a coach who brings belief like Plough and Rocket did then we will could surprise I reckon. I think media expectation will be low..that's always a good thing.

Sorry but I agree. Im think more 4-5 wins myself.
Sit down and put our best 22 on paper, Brisbanes best 22, GWS best 22, St Kildas best 22, Carltons best 22 and Melbournes best 22.
Then remove the eye patch and place it next to you on the coffeee table.

All those sides have got drastically better this offseason, except St.Kilda and Melbourne. These are the sides that are around us on the ladder.
Personally I see us better than the Saints, and probably equal to Melbourne next year.

Take Griffen, Cooney and Higgins out of any midfield and we will go backwards. There are no two ways about it.
GWS, Lions and Carltons midfield much better and mature and hardended than ours going into next year and that will hold them in good stead.
Take those three out and who gets the tags each week - Libba and Macrae. The ripple affect filters down.
Id also argue that at this stage of their careers jones is probably as good as boyd.
If we were playing a game tomorrow id still pcik jones over boyd purely cause of his exeprience.

Its ok I am prepared for a down year. Surprised at those who see us improving when we have lost 3 of our top 10 most mature talented players.
Anything more than 5 wins would be a great year considering our losses.

How much better would Cooney, Higgins and Griffen made us next year? Two approaching 30 and one constantly injured.

Our young midfielders now have the opportunity to take the reins and show us what they've got.

Jones as good as Boyd? Jesus H Christ, the world has officially gone mad. Pretty sure Boyd won't drop easy marks.

We ended the season with 10 goal losses to Hawthorn, Sydney and North and a loss to GWS at Etihad, in which Ryan Griffen was our best player.

Everyone who's "predicting" improvement next season seems to be basing it on the win-fairy sprinkling magic dust on our season.

Once again, I hope we improve dramatically next season, but how/why are so many expecting that to happen?

Obviously by that stage the wheels had completely fallen off and we didn't give a stuff.

New coach, new captain, new players. Remember how bad we were in 1996? Remember what happened in 1997? Not saying history will repeat, but we're going through a similar revolution this off-season and I think we'll all be pleasant surprised.

How much better would Cooney, Higgins and Griffen made us next year? Two approaching 30 and one constantly injured.

Our young midfielders now have the opportunity to take the reins and show us what they've got.

Jones as good as Boyd? Jesus H Christ, the world has officially gone mad. Pretty sure Boyd won't drop easy marks.

Just a little bit of reality for you to get a grip on for season 2015
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=3138&tid2=25&pid2=3918&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Going into next year Boyd will offer just the same as what Jones would have.
It will be two years before we see the best of Boyd and why we paid so much for him
The kid Boyd doesnt wear a cape - he isn't batman and isnt the god almighty

So I repeat - with the loss of 3 of our best 6 midfielders we will go backwards in 2015.
We won 7 games in 2014 from memory so I believe 4/5 wins is around the right mark.

You seriously need a taste of reality and the ability just to look at other clubs lists.
Name me the sides you think we will beat next year outside of St.Kilda and Melbourne and possibly Carlton?

Last edited:
Just a little bit of reality for you to get a grip on for season 2015
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=3138&tid2=25&pid2=3918&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Going into next year Boyd will offer just the same as what Jones would have.
It will be two years before we see the best of Boyd and why we paid so much for him
The kid Boyd doesnt wear a cape - he isn't batman and isnt the god almighty

So I repeat - with the loss of 3 of our best 6 midfielders we will go backwards in 2015.
We won 7 games in 2014 from memory so I believe 4/5 wins is around the right mark.

You seriously need a taste of reality and the ability just to look at other clubs lists.
Name me the sides you think we will beat next year outside of St.Kilda and Melbourne and possibly Carlton?

Let me remind you that last year Boyd was considered the best young talent in the country by far.

Not expecting miracles from him next year, but Boyd and Jones are poles apart, even next year.

Are you not expecting further improvement from Macrae, Stringer, Hrovat, Hunter, Liberatore, Bontempelli, Roughead and Wallis and the emergence of Honeychurch, Jong, Talia and Roberts?

I don't think we'll make the eight, but I think we'll get 7-9 wins next year.

Let me remind you that last year Boyd was considered the best young talent in the country by far.

Not expecting miracles from him next year, but Boyd and Jones are poles apart, even next year.

Are you not expecting further improvement from Macrae, Stringer, Hrovat, Hunter, Liberatore, Bontempelli, Roughead and Wallis and the emergence of Honeychurch, Jong, Talia and Roberts?

I don't think we'll make the eight, but I think we'll get 7-9 wins next year.

Yeh I'm expecting the same levels of improvement from......
Rich, Redden Rockliff, Beams, Taylor, Christensen, Mayes and co
or
Grifffen, Patful, Ward, Treloar, Greene, Shiels, and co.
I could go on and on.

You are ignoring other sides development and recruiting.
Sit down and put our best 22 on paper, take out 3 players for injuries and see how good our depth is.
Tell me what sides we will beat next year ?

How on earth would you say Jones and Boyd were poles apart this year ie Boyd was better ?
Did you not look at their output at either club in the stats I provided ? Poles apart ? are you readng the columns the right way ?
Boyd will improve no doubt next year but he isnt going to mean we get better as a side in 2015.
he will provide a better target than Jones no doubt - but I dont expect his output to be much better than Jones' output was in 2014

or
I could go on and on.

Sit down and put our best 22 on paper, take out 3 players for injuries and see how good our depth is.

How on earth would you say Jones and Boyd were poles apart this year ie Boyd was better ?
Did you not look at their output at either club in the stats I provided ? Poles apart ? are you readng the columns the right way ?
Boyd will improve no doubt next year but he isnt going to mean we get better as a side in 2015.
he will provide a better target than Jones no doubt - but I dont expect his output to be much better than Jones' output was in 2014

We're going to get torn to shreds next year - is that what you wanted to hear?

I swear, the negativity from some people is staggering. We could get Cameron, Carlisle and Franklin and people would still whinge and moan. The club has identified a need and been proactive in trying to fill it.

Nobody expected Bontempelli to do what he did this year and Boyd could follow suit in 2015. Who knows? But hey, I'm a glass half full type.

When do you expect us to start climbing by the way?

or
I could go on and on.

NEGATIVE campaignerS THESE DAYS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're going to get torn to shreds next year - is that what you wanted to hear?

I swear, the negativity from some people is staggering. We could get Cameron, Carlisle and Franklin and people would still whinge and moan. The club has identified a need and been proactive in trying to fill it.

Nobody expected Bontempelli to do what he did this year and Boyd could follow suit in 2015. Who knows? But hey, I'm a glass half full type.

When do you expect us to start climbing by the way?
NEGATIVE campaignerS THESE DAYS

Why negativity ?
Why do you guys feel the need to be overly positive all the time ?
How about being realistic for a change !!!!!!

People had their head in the sand all year over our coach and our playing group. No matter how many times people were being realistic and saying it how it was - alot of you refused to believe. So try being realistic for once in a while.

And where did I say I was against Boyd - I am rapt we have him.
Im just being realistic about what this post is about - how we will go in 2015.
You cannot realistically expect a guy of 9 games to drag a side along with him next year.

And in answer to your question - I expect us to seriously challenge for finals in 2017.
Its the answer I gave to a poll over 12 months ago and I am not changing my opinion NOR have I seen anything that should change it.

You still havent answered my question.
Outside of Saints, Blues and Demons - who do you see us beating in 2015 ?

Why negativity ?
Why do you guys feel the need to be overly positive all the time ?
How about being realistic for a change !!!!!!

People had their head in the sand all year over our coach and our playing group. No matter how many times people were being realistic and saying it how it was - alot of you refused to believe. So try being realistic for once in a while.

And where did I say I was against Boyd - I am rapt we have him.
Im just being realistic about what this post is about - how we will go in 2015.
You cannot realistically expect a guy of 9 games to drag a side along with him this year.

And in answer to your question - I expect us to seriously challenge for finals in 2017.
Its the answer I gave to a poll over 12 months ago and I am not changing my opinion NOR have I seen anything that should change it.

The enjoyment that most of us get from footy is raising our hopes, daring to dream and imagining what might be.

To be honest, I don't give a stuff how many wins we have next year, I'll be there each week and I'll get enjoyment from it regardless of what happens.

Expectations of supporters will always vary between the optimistic and pessimistic.

It is all opinions and vary rarely are people proven right or wrong.

Port were predicted bottom 4 in 2013
We were predicted bottom 4 in 2008
The eagles were predicated bottom 4 2011

There are countless examples of clubs exceeding or not expectations

Peoples opinions are just that, neither right or wrong so arguing against others opinions in a thread like this is pointless.

Clearly articulate your own argument and you cannot be wrong

The enjoyment that most of us get from footy is raising our hopes, daring to dream and imagining what might be.

To be honest, I don't give a stuff how many wins we have next year, I'll be there each week and I'll get enjoyment from it regardless of what happens.

Hey I go to games and enjoy it and I have hope in what we have. Doesn't mean I cannot be realistic as to where we are at does it ???
I have high hopes for Boyd -
In 2015 - no my expectations are low cause the kid has played 9 games.
Doesnt mean I dont have hope - means Im realistic about how he will go.

You answered on that poll yes as to how many wins we will have. So who do we beat ? I am genuinely interested.
If we are winning 8-10 probably like you suggest - who do we beat ? 4 times now ive asked who we will best outside of Blues, Melbourne and Saints
4 times now and you have not backed up your answer on the poll.

5-6 wins. We are a rebuilding team and lost veterans. Yes we have talented kids, but they don't have the fitness or experience yet.

Which games were those out of interest ?
Nice stat BTW

Rd 1 West Coast - lost without Griff
Rd 15 Melbourne - won, Griff, Cooney out
Rd 17 Gold Coast - won, Griff, Cooney and Higgins out ( no Jones or Gia)

Interestingly, I'd rate the Gold Coast win as our best of the year, and it really came on the back of the younger players, lead by Macrae.

Rd 1 West Coast - lost without Griff
Rd 15 Melbourne - won, Griff, Cooney out
Rd 17 Gold Coast - won, Griff, Cooney and Higgins out ( no Jones or Gia)

Interestingly, I'd rate the Gold Coast win as our best of the year, and it really came on the back of the younger players, lead by Macrae.

Thanks for that
I was in perth in round 1 and we got smashed

I have zero idea on how we're going to go in 2015 and that excites me. There's that randomness to our squad that still has a lot of that unknown feel to it. Anything over 7 wins and Ill be satisfied but wouldn't be surprised if we win 11-12 and vice versa we could quite easily finish up on 4-5 wins. Who knows what's going to happen.

I have zero idea on how we're going to go in 2015 and that excites me. There's that randomness to our squad that still has a lot of that unknown feel to it. Anything over 7 wins and Ill be satisfied but wouldn't be surprised if we win 11-12 and vice versa we could quite easily finish up on 4-5 wins. Who knows what's going to happen.

Nobody can accuse us of being irrelevant now.

Fresh, exciting and bold. Love it.

Back