Universal Love Steve Silvagni - List Manager Extraordinaire

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we discussing The Roar with any semblance of seriousness?

Part of me has always thought that it was a parody website. Their so called and very much self labeled football "experts" genuinely write the type of articles that make you think that they're tanked half way through the first quarter. They then head home, still gassed, and write an article based on supercoach scores.

What a great read, this Mr Buckland fellow is a great writer, his articles are concise and well thought out. Mr Buckland has not only expressed his valid opinion, he has backed it up with bountiful evidence. With eloquently designed sentences such as "They shouldn’t tank, because tanking is bad, and AFL teams don’t tank anyway, do they?" and "They are umming and ahhing over Dennis freaking Armfield." you know young Ryan Buckland will soon be amongst the upper echelon of sports writers in this country.

I wish you nothing but success in your future endeavors Ryan Buckland.

What a great read, this Mr Buckland fellow is a great writer, his articles are concise and well thought out. Mr Buckland has not only expressed his valid opinion, he has backed it up with bountiful evidence. With eloquently designed sentences such as "They shouldn’t tank, because tanking is bad, and AFL teams don’t tank anyway, do they?" and "They are umming and ahhing over Dennis freaking Armfield." you know young Ryan Buckland will soon be amongst the upper echelon of sports writers in this country.

I wish you nothing but success in your future endeavors Ryan Buckland.

Still better than robbo

Still better than robbo

Ryan, perhaps you can wear this one as a humorous badge of honour? Better than the Herald Sun's Chief Football Writer.

Are we discussing The Roar with any semblance of seriousness?

Part of me has always thought that it was a parody website. Their so called and very much self labeled football "experts" genuinely write the type of articles that make you think that they're tanked half way through the first quarter. They then head home, still gassed, and write an article based on supercoach scores.

Satire is so subtle these days I never know. I always get confused between the Onion, the Roar and Crikey. Maybe it was the Roar Onion connection. I now know that the Roar is sort of hobby writing, the Onion satire and Crikey serious political writing. I still have to pause to remember which is which.

Ok, I'm all caught up now...sort of..

I don't know what a "semi-pro" is.Is that someone who gets a portion of a wage for doing part of their job???
And I have no idea what the real point of that article was.
I'm clueless as to who this Buckland chap is.
I'd share Sheik's disgust if I was better informed, but I am not.
What on earth is "the Roar"????
ODN, one question, have you EVER lost a debate?
Doss *en LOVES Carlton! (Just admit it)
I commend Ryan for actually coming here and fielding questions, on a hiding to nothing, took some courage.
Thy, any property investment will be a good one if you're in for the long haul.
Evidence that even a "semi pro" is a better journo than Robbo.
And I still have no idea who the hell Shane Rogers is...

Oh, and go SOS !

Last edited:
...and facts, lots and lots of facts. Where does he find the time/energy?

It's my way of staying sharp Coach. I actually suffer from Chronic Fatigue. A brain fog descends on me frequently among other symptoms. That's why when I should be responding to people or sending emails for sponsorships or something, I go MIA. Outside of those times I still attempt to work full time (mentally taxing job, not physically) and use my brain until I need to rest again, but I find discussing things I am passionate about comes naturally and is sort of therapeutic. I haven't had it forever but maybe started about 7 years or so ago and a bout of Ross River fever seemed to tip into an area that affects me daily but let's just say Chronic Fatigue and my OCD aren't that compatible.

I do have a liking for research as well so that helps.

It's my way of staying sharp Coach. I actually suffer from Chronic Fatigue. A brain fog descends on me frequently among other symptoms. That's why when I should be responding to people or sending emails for sponsorships or something, I go MIA. Outside of those times I still attempt to work full time (mentally taxing job, not physically) and use my brain until I need to rest again, but I find discussing things I am passionate about comes naturally and is sort of therapeutic. I haven't had it forever but maybe started about 7 years or so ago and a bout of Ross River fever seemed to tip into an area that affects me daily but let's just say Chronic Fatigue and my OCD aren't that compatible.

I do have a liking for research as well so that helps.
I have experience with Chronic Fatigue through my work. And plenty of OCD (outside of my own). You certainly don't need my validation, but what you're doing is an extremely effective way to battle it. For what it's worth.

Get Modafinil

Oh yeah, why don't you go get Modafinil?

Ohhh the drug. Doctors aren't prescribing, results for CFS a little haphazard, side effects etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your story is well written and your arguments are sound, the article will generally stand on its own. If you're on the internet trying to justify what you've churned out, chances are you've written a bad story. Feel a bit bad for the guy, but he should probably stick to numbers.

If your story is well written and your arguments are sound, the article will generally stand on its own. If you're on the internet trying to justify what you've churned out, chances are you've written a bad story. Feel a bit bad for the guy, but he should probably stick to numbers.
Numb3rs self moderates, this guy ..... not so much

Numb3rs self moderates, this guy ..... not so much
By self moderate you mean talk in riddles so not everyone understands it anyway :D
Don't worry stig, I luv ya

The idea that we could get two 1st rounders for Gibbs is possible.

However, Gibbs showed me with his impassioned defence of his captain during one of, if not our worst season ever, that his heart bled navy blue.

I know he comes across as sometimes lackadaisical on the field and I have criticised some specific moments when I didn't think he went hard enough at it but I truly believe he has now matured into a natural leader.

Therefore, losing him now would have been a much worse outcome than the bare facts of a trade appear.

Our three number ones have been through the wringer at one of the worst run clubs for the duration of their careers.

The fact that they have stayed loyal means a lot .

Now that the management of the club appears to have turned the corner, I am hoping we will now see their very best on field.

One-eyed supporters on a team board thread dedicated to appreciating the hard work of a club legend, whodathunk it.
Nice Facebook status today, BigFooty Blues :hearts:
I appreciate the guy puts an opinion out there with his name on it which is - for lack of a better word - brave, but you have to be prepared to be taken to task on an opinion article if it's so scathing, particularly if the claims are so bold.

The reaction to people's rebuttles reeks of sour grapes to me. There were some harsh things said, but in light of the condescending and smarter-than-you attitude, it's hardly surprising.

One-eyed supporters on a team board thread dedicated to appreciating the hard work of a club legend, whodathunk it.
Nice Facebook status today, BigFooty Blues :hearts:

If you follow the twitter link in that status and click on the tweets around it and the responses, it has been somewhat sorted out.

If you follow the twitter link in that status and click on the tweets around it and the responses, it has been somewhat sorted out.

"That place is just a remarkable collection of trolls, pinheads and one-eyed morons. I'm staggered it exists" - R. Buckland

As for Lenny & Joel, feel free to show me some of your A-Grade opinions on the game ??

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back