PS Vita

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Playing P4G, and almost had a heart attack when I saw what I thought was a big crack on the screen.
It was just a hair...
It's such a good looking handheld that it spooks the hell out of me when I think I've damaged it :oops:

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Playing P4G, and almost had a heart attack when I saw what I thought was a big crack on the screen.
It was just a hair...
It's such a good looking handheld that it spooks the hell out of me when I think I've damaged it :oops:

I've got 2 screen protectors on mine, one that covers just the screen and another that covers the entire vita :p

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I've got 2 screen protectors on mine, one that covers just the screen and another that covers the entire vita :p
The general consensus from people who have dropped them (not me) is that every surface on the entire handheld except the screen is fragile, and the screen is just one tough bastard. I don't take mine out much anyway, usually lying on my bed or sitting on the chair with it, so it's not in any danger.

My 3DS, on the other hand. Wore trackies, went for a walk down to local festival, 3DS in the pocket for god knows what reason... Nearly got hit by a car, 3DS came out of pocket and landed on road, and theres scratches all over the edges of it. Thank * for the clamshell design. I've been meaning to put it in for repairs - they actually don't do cosmetic repairs but said on the phone they'd just list it as some other fault that costs a similar amount to fix.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
The general consensus from people who have dropped them (not me) is that every surface on the entire handheld except the screen is fragile, and the screen is just one tough bastard. I don't take mine out much anyway, usually lying on my bed or sitting on the chair with it, so it's not in any danger.

My 3DS, on the other hand. Wore trackies, went for a walk down to local festival, 3DS in the pocket for god knows what reason... Nearly got hit by a car, 3DS came out of pocket and landed on road, and theres scratches all over the edges of it. Thank **** for the clamshell design. I've been meaning to put it in for repairs - they actually don't do cosmetic repairs but said on the phone they'd just list it as some other fault that costs a similar amount to fix.

Yeah I always have my VITA in one of those shockproof cases when it's not in use. :p

The 3DS is just a huge block of plastic so that'd be fine :p

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Yeah I always have my VITA in one of those shockproof cases when it's not in use. :p

The 3DS is just a huge block of plastic so that'd be fine :p
I'll have to get one of those, I'm planning a new gaming setup and factoring a Vita charging station in there somewhere so that will be it's home :)

Yeah, there's just little chunks out of the plastic on one side on the bottom, a few tiny scratches on the top and some scratches on the hinge. Other than that there's nothing wrong with it. It just irritates me :p

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'll have to get one of those, I'm planning a new gaming setup and factoring a Vita charging station in there somewhere so that will be it's home :)

Yeah, there's just little chunks out of the plastic on one side on the bottom, a few tiny scratches on the top and some scratches on the hinge. Other than that there's nothing wrong with it. It just irritates me :p

How are you finding P4G btw?

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
How are you finding P4G btw?
I'm enjoying it - I find the social aspects of it more interesting and fun than the grinding and battling, to be honest. It's quite satisfying to play through.
I don't know if you're up to it, but
I just beat Shadow Mitsuo

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm enjoying it - I find the social aspects of it more interesting and fun than the grinding and battling, to be honest. It's quite satisfying to play through.
I don't know if you're up to it, but
I just beat Shadow Mitsuo

Yeah I'm enjoying it, I really struggled through the first few hours (it was so slow) but I've been enjoying it since. I'm about 50 hours in (over about 6 months)

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Yeah I'm enjoying it, I really struggled through the first few hours (it was so slow) but I've been enjoying it since. I'm about 50 hours in (over about 6 months)
Yeah I've dragged it out over about 5 months, tally is about 33 hours. It's pretty impressive considering most days have some dialogue just for the story.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Yeah its a long game but it's definitely not for everyone.
Definitely not. I've had moments of thinking '* this, it's too much effort' but it's been worth getting through some of the boring stuff.
I'm really enjoying it but I don't think I'll play through it again - some people I know have done it 4 or 5 times, I just don't get that.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
I need to return to Persona 4 Golden after i finish FFXHD.
Up to the Shadow Kanji boss fight
Playing on hard this time so the battles are more challenging.
Also going for max social links so i have to complete the dungeons as early as possible.

It's a long game took me around 120+ hours to finish it on PS2.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Definitely not. I've had moments of thinking '**** this, it's too much effort' but it's been worth getting through some of the boring stuff.
I'm really enjoying it but I don't think I'll play through it again - some people I know have done it 4 or 5 times, I just don't get that.

I'm lucky that I'm playing it solely at work so I can easily push through the boring sections, the only downside to this is that I'm often left on a cliffhanger and have to wait a couple of days or even weeks for the next part.

Jan 8, 2008
United Arab Emirates
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Loving FM Vita, so addicted to it already and it's so perfect that I can take it anywhere and play then just push the standby button and resume whenever I want. Two cons, first the text is a but small on the screen but I have bad eyes and no glasses so that doesn't help; second is it's a bit slow. I'm amazed and how they got the 3d match engine onto the vita. On top of that it looks great on the OLED screen.

Definite buy for FM fans. If I were to rate FM on PC I'd give it an 8. This I'd give a 6.5 or 7.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Loving FM Vita, so addicted to it already and it's so perfect that I can take it anywhere and play then just push the standby button and resume whenever I want. Two cons, first the text is a but small on the screen but I have bad eyes and no glasses so that doesn't help; second is it's a bit slow. I'm amazed and how they got the 3d match engine onto the vita. On top of that it looks great on the OLED screen.

Definite buy for FM fans. If I were to rate FM on PC I'd give it an 8. This I'd give a 6.5 or 7.

Been wanting to get into one of these, I love both video games and Soccer so it's criminal that I haven't. I may just pick this up once I clear my back log a bit.

Back