PSD pick #8 Jack Hannath

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lyon had no experience as a senior coach when he took over at Fremantle, how would you have viewed him for the first half of the season?

He always seemed pretty calm and in control to me, even during that bad run where we only one 1 of 6.

I don't write off every new coach of a struggling team as being a Damien Drum, there's just something about Neeld that makes me think he's a dud. Time will tell I guess.

Just surprise from the kid who would of been told Melbourne were going to take him as a rookie only to be trumped by us in the PSD so took him a while to adjust to the shock.

He always seemed pretty calm and in control to me, even during that bad run where we only one 1 of 6.

I don't write off every new coach of a struggling team as being a Damien Drum, there's just something about Neeld that makes me think he's a dud. Time will tell I guess.

Ross Lyon the epitome of equanimity.

I think some of you guys are taking a bit too much from his reaction. He's probably made friends with some of the melbourne players, had a good time training and expected to be picked up by Melbourne. He got drafted to a club he didn't expect and took him a moment to process it. It's a unique situation to be in. He'll get over with in and hopefully be a good player for you guys.

Totally agree. Anyway, how was he supposed to react in front of a DeesTV camera while surrounded by Demons players.

Totally agree. Anyway, how was he supposed to react in front of a DeesTV camera while surrounded by Demons players.

Amusingly in the screenshot for the video all the Melbourne players look somewhat disappointed with the news except for Jake Spencer who is wearing a massive grin. Guess he no longer has to feel threatened. For now anyway.

Amusingly in the screenshot for the video all the Melbourne players look somewhat disappointed with the news except for Jake Spencer who is wearing a massive grin. Guess he no longer has to feel threatened. For now anyway.

Who?

What I like about the video is the reaction from some of the Dees coaching staff & players after they find out. Shaking their heads & th "f*ck" from Neeld. Shows that they really rated the kid.
I wouldn't read too much into his reaction. Just looked a little stunned if anything, as anybody does when they get news out of left field.

Welcome to Freo Jack, may your career be long, enjoyable & prosperous.

I think some of you guys are taking a bit too much from his reaction. He's probably made friends with some of the melbourne players, had a good time training and expected to be picked up by Melbourne. He got drafted to a club he didn't expect and took him a moment to process it. It's a unique situation to be in. He'll get over with in and hopefully be a good player for you guys.
Dayle Garlett would've loved the same dilemma I'm sure!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaaahh s**t, really? Devo'd.

Nah, already have one, about to have the other. :)
Of course, you do realize you're not enough value until you supply at least three sons under the father/son membership recruitment policy :cool: . Then you also have to be wary of your wife poisoning any of their minds with Eagirls propaganda like mine did to my second one :mad: . I have suggested to her that we may now at least be able to claim a disability allowance for him though!

Be very careful of unwelcome influences Nickos................ very careful!

Just surprise from the kid who would of been told Melbourne were going to take him as a rookie only to be trumped by us in the PSD so took him a while to adjust to the shock.

I didn't read any negativity in that video at all. I thought it reflected well on MFC, FFC and especially Jack.

My judgement of Lyon was always based on his track record and experience though. No matter how s**t we played. He'd done it before, he'd do it again. If he was a new coach I probably would've thought he was a smug mofo that was leading us to ruin.

Neeld doesn't have that. He is basically trying to do at Melbourne what Lyon is doing at Fremantle, with less talent, less experience and less support; particularly from the players. It's a pretty tough gig.

I don't know, I just think it's a bit early to be making Drum comparisons. Timing is very important with coaching appointments, (see: Chris Scott) Neeld seems to have suffered more from that than anything.

Guys, it's easy to create a misleading impression from a single photo.
Just ask Port Adelaide's newest board member, Amanda Vanstone.

In all seriousness, welcome aboard Jack. Interested to see whether he's thrown up forward at all if Griff/Clarke fail in their bids to play second fiddle to Sandi.

Would be interested to see how a Griff/Hannath ruck duo fares if Sandi goes down again next year. Reckon they'd be pretty formidable force a la Jolley and Brown with that sort of mobility and resting forward work.

Would be interested to see how a Griff/Hannath ruck duo fares if Sandi goes down again next year. Reckon they'd be pretty formidable force a la Jolley and Brown with that sort of mobility and resting forward work.

Would be interesting both are probably (at this stage) better than Clarke/Sandi up forward and probably only lose a small amount in the ruck side of things at the same time.

Sorry but we look like a bunch of idiots for having that video on our club website. Well done Freo media people... That video is nothing more than a cheap pr stunt from a club that knows its a joke. We have helped them throw a video up to make it look like their club has culture and passion and that a kid is devastated he has to leave.

He wasnt a melbourne player, he was just training with you so stop trying to convey the image that he was one of yours who was cruelly ripped away by the system. Anyone who thinks this is a tasteful act by melbourne are idiots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back