pseudo advertisements

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing a lot of what the thread title refers to

"Sent from my PSP using Twitter"
"Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk"
"Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk"

Those kind of messages, and a few others from memory, pop up all over the forums at the end of many posts.

Frankly they are advertising, Chief do you get any revenue from those little messages?

If not, why not stop it from happening via some kind of filter?

If it is unpaid advertisements, it is in your best interests to stop it ... and the average punters here wouldn't mind ... :)

They're the automatic signatures generated when people use Tapatalk. Set by Tapatalk, not BigFooty I'd imagine.

I know it's not Bigfooty, that's why I said Bigfooty should try to filter them out

Seeing a lot of what the thread title refers to

"Sent from my PSP using Twitter"
"Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk"
"Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk"

Those kind of messages, and a few others from memory, pop up all over the forums at the end of many posts.

Frankly they are advertising, Chief do you get any revenue from those little messages?

If not, why not stop it from happening via some kind of filter?

If it is unpaid advertisements, it is in your best interests to stop it ... and the average punters here wouldn't mind ... :)
I don't particularly care either way.

I have changed it to just say (Mobile) or something now.

And they're easy to turn off in the settings. I don't know why more people don't do it.

The annoying ones are the people who know you can disable it, but choose to edit it to something else instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back