Pubs associated with Stadiums.

Remove this Banner Ad

Popular? What? Pathetic?! Aren't you a grown man with children? And you're carrying on like this?

That article read like nothing but an advertisement for how well off this people are: expensive suburb, multi-million dollar real estate. Most people own a business to attempt to live off. These people have it for their children to get more inheritance money. I'm not funding that s**t. It exemplifies the great downfall of what pubs traditionally were and what pubs should still be. Venues all around Australia are struggling to stay even breaking even. It's a bit sad to see institutions all across the country, especially in suburbs that need them, being shut down and later converted into flats or, if we're "lucky," the kind of shithole these places popping up are: steel benches, 'chic' exposed brick, shiny wood floors and $10.20 Carlton Draught. No thank you. That's not what a beer before or after a game of football is all about.

Your pathetic reference to children reeks of green eyed envy - good PC rant comrade. Sure got nothing to do with the pub.

If I'd owned a pub since 1971 I think I'd be well entitled to do whatever reno's on it I want and not give a s**t if tightarse Fitzroy uni students didn't want to drink there, its clearly not the target market for a multi-million $$$ investment.

Yet another pub owned and gutted by a supermarket. Doesn't have any of the old charm anymore apart from the facade which is a telling term to use.

It just really disappoints me that these grand old corner pubs go that way. The National is another one in Freo.

It just really disappoints me that these grand old corner pubs go that way. The National is another one in Freo.
So on the last page I spoke about how gentrification is gutting pubs and making them shiny, chic, and franchisey and you call me an ill-informed "manchild" (which seems a little incorrect, aren't man children usually guys like Jake Stringer? Whatevs), yet you on the next page say you hate the way traditional, grimey pubs are being converted into plushy boring ones? Right on!

So on the last page I spoke about how gentrification is gutting pubs and making them shiny, chic, and franchisey and you call me an ill-informed "manchild" (which seems a little incorrect, aren't man children usually guys like Jake Stringer? Whatevs), yet you on the next page say you hate the way traditional, grimey pubs are being converted into plushy boring ones? Right on!

Have to agree with you here, noticed that myself, maybe you guys have more in common that what you think.

Both have said the same thing about the National in Freo, which I might add is a grand looking Pub.

The very upmarket Hotel Windsor in South Perth a hop, skip and Jump from Perth Zoo, lovely looking Pub.

FNvfRy9.jpg
Pretty sure they've got a tram inside there from memory.

You thrown generalisations out about Perth from afar and with little experience. The point stands.

Also, fablousphil, the old Flag and Whistle is currently being touched up at the moment to be re-opened as something.

You thrown generalisations out about Perth from afar and with little experience. The point stands.

Also, fablousphil, the old Flag and Whistle is currently being touched up at the moment to be re-opened as something.
Totally secondary to what I said before. A noble thing is admitting you were wrong, and you haven't. Whatever though man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narooma Football club (NSW)on the flat at Bill Smyth Oval.

2516671_1_M.jpg

2366867_1_M.jpg

2458743_1_M.jpg

Naroomas Lynches Hotel on the hill who have sponsored the club over the years, Golf club have also sponsored them

Thought i might throw in Narooma Golf course, beautiful golf course, think this is Hogans hole, par 3 over the cliffs.

images

Great place Narooma. Nearly killed myself retrieving an errant tee shot on Hogan's hole:drunk:. Lovely course. Especially the ocean 9.

Not sure of the date, but i imagine early 1900's, much better looking with the verandahs.

australiahotel1.jpg

So why did Perth rip off verandahs from almost every single pub? With the climate verandahs are ideal. What was the policy they were trying to implement? Safety? Traffic reasons? Anyone know? One or two places such as the brass monkey seemed to have escaped the wreckers. Very few though.

A question for another day - why are so many Perth pubs awful places to be in generally?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back